Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

well Frank Warren does but you want to believe everything from one side and not the other....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its funny because everyone loves Ukraine he gets away with a lot .On paper your correct of course you are but without Fury nobody would care & he wouldn't make half that money ,

For example why not then scrape the rematch like Fury is wiling to do, & if Usyk wins he can go make whatever fight he likes,

The reason is because he knows he need Fury to make nay sort off good money, He has already beat AJ twice so that fight is gone , so without Fury and a guaranteed two pay days with he loses out,

It's about money to Usyk as well as Fury both are in it for the CASH<

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Well, it's called making a call and not sitting on the fence.

Usyk has come across all through this as really wanting the fight. Fury has not. It's common sense to then believe that the holdup is due to Fury.

Fury started it all with the ridiculous 70-30. We knew then that he was not up for it. But Usyk called his bluff and then then the no rematch clause was mentioned by Fury. Usyk's manager said it a couple weeks ago that the fight won't happen because Fury will continue putting up obstacles.

So it's not about believing ALL from one side and none from the other side....

You could say there is a pair a them in it, but Fury is the one more "in it." Who would you say is more trying to make it happen and who is more not trying to make it happen?

Yes, but you said you think it's Fury needing more time and more gimmes?

To say Fury never wanted AJ is insane & actually crazy ,, The fight was signed and only a court case form Wilder made it not happen ,nothing AJ or Fury could do ,

Then in December Fury again offered AJ the fight but AJ didn't sign, Yes there was reasons why but all he had to do was literally sign and it was happoing

• Advertisement

Yes i think its to close for Fury that is my opinion,

But Usyk asking for 70/30 in the rematch is taking the piss, Fury has openly said forget about the rematch, but nope Usyk didn't want that either,

Fury is a bollox we all know this but its laughable that people think Usyk is some warrior full of honour who doesn't care about the money , Will ye grow up the lads is trying to milk as much money as he can out of this ,

I am not talking about the first AJ fight. Wilder blew that one. The second one with the Fury one man show and demands and deadlines. An absoluter crock of sh1t

Usyk wants the fight, of course he wants the fight, it is THE fight, he will make more money for this fight than the rest of his career combined id imagine. There is no point getting hung up on the splits, the reason he took 70/30 is because he knows Fury will fill Wembley and the payday in absolute terms is massive.

Usyks manager says one thing, Frank Warren says another. I think Fury will happily take this fight, but Usyk is desperate for it, and i can understand why, this latest ultimatum is a last ditch effort to win something at the negotiating table.

never wanted AJ, stop will you, fury would beat AJ with one hand behind his back.

Its absolutely not a crock of **** ,

Fury wanted out before Christmas, ,AJ had nothing to give, Fury offers him a road back & give him a deadline to sign or he moves on to get the fight he wants, He wasn't going to let that drag out & then Hear & co say look its to close we will fight you in 3 months after Christmas, all of a sudden Fury has ring rust & AJ has new coach & things look different ,

AJ got offered a chance on Fury's terms & turned it down its as simple as that , AJ ultimately said no ,

So similar to when Wilder gave Fury a chance when Fury had nothing & looked down & out but the difference is Fury backed himself & took it ,

• Advertisement

I am not saying he wouldn't beat AJ. I simply said he had no intention of making that fight with his one man show and 7 days' deadlines gick

the only person who had not intention of making that fight was AJ, instead he is doing half empty stadiums against some no mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

forget fury v usyk it will be walsh v deadwright soon and cyrus to fight the winner

The internet isn’t for everyone

He is not desperate for it. If he was he'd give in to the demands and accept anything.

He's just serious about it. Wants to be the best HW on earth, and for him, beating Fury makes him that. Usyk has fought everyone and travelled to fight many. He loves to fight and test himself, and Fury is the biggest of all tests. That is why I believe that he has conducted himself here far more a fighter looking to be the BEST. Wanting to beat the best!

you'd believe any aul guff if it made fury look bad 😁

I wouldn't be alone in thinking that Usyk is a fighter chasing legacy and wanting to be the best.

Of course, the money is important as well. Your saying he is desperate for the fight is belittling to him. I say he is dedicated and serious about it and wants it, but wants it for legacy and top dog status as much as for money.

if his motivations were that pure then we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Why? I am not saying he is a complete mug. He doesn't have to lie down and accept every Fury demand.

You are coming from this as a Fury fan, fair enough, but surely Usyk doesn't have to accept everything thrown at him for folks to not think he is only in this for money and that he is desperate for it....Usyk wants the fight for reasons I stated (money included), but he is not a mug and desperate for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

be better than any of the fights on greedy bellys next undercard

Greedy belly will probably fight Chisora again and you’ll have some here defending it and making out that he needs the warm ups!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

netflix multipart documentary should be out this year

At Home with the Furys is a multipart documentary series that follows Fury and his family as he retires, embracing family life with his wife, Paris; father, John (who named Fury after legendary boxer Mike Tyson); and six children, Venezuela, Prince John, Prince Tyson, Prince Adonis, Valencia and Athena.

maybe he retires again for a couple of months so they can do season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭US3

Fight is 100% off according to both sides. Fury the problem no doubt about it

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭US3

Who could fury possibly fight next after his last fight. 2 biggest fights he could of had and he weasled out of them. Not a fan anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Disappointing this is off, it would've been a massive fight and I think it would've lived up the billing. I would've fancied Fury to win late on after Usyk wins a few rounds early.

Hard to know the full story behind the issues getting it signed but for me the reluctance to sign up was coming from Fury's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭reclose

Hope Fury loses his next fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

They’re both getting to that kind of point in their careers where one of them will just be a fraction slower or looser and get caught. For me Fury wins this one I just think he has so much more than Joshua had to bother Usyk and he will believe he will win. Joshua didn’t have that. That said, after Chisora I was sure Joshua would beat Usyk too so threre’s one for you. Fury is by no means guaranteed, it is so frustrating but neither really have other ways to go so I think it’s in both of their own best interests to sign it and I think they will. We might have to wait an extra 6 weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Butson

Tyson fury is an absolute fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Aw now… Quick, quick call me a n****r

• Advertisement

Whatever about fraud. An absolute walking contradiction ..

Advertisement