Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Dubs (and without stereotyping, they always do seem to be Dubs) coming down for the St.Patrick's Day weekend and plonking their chaps, bedecked in a Celtic/Ireland jersey, in an already busy pub, taking up valuable real estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Reflection of the window on the TV screen 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My TA is I didn’t get to see live, Max dropping out in Q2 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Having a memory like an elephant.

Week or so ago saw a property in the area for sale and I reckoned it was the same arse*holes place I complained about to a management company about their dog barking non stop at night. They came back and said no dog there. It did quieten down a bit after that.

Doing a cleanup of very old emails tonight and came across the email (2016) and checked the email for the house number and searched the property which has been taken down. God I love google cache and it's the same place with even a bloody makeshift pen in the back for the dog. I knew I was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I won't be one bit surprised if he still wins it.

Podium at least.

2 red bulls on the podium I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭oneweb

"Mothering Sunday"

For the purposes of consistency, may I suggest:

• Valentining Day
    • Paddying Day
    • Eastering Sunday
    • Hallowing Eve
    • Jesusing Day

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Someone once told to me that in the protestant world it's called "Mothering Sunday" because it's supposed to celebrate mothers and nurturing, mother-like figures. Not sure if that improves things for you and makes it less of a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have an actual pain in my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

The lotto was won, great, hope the winner has a great life.

But "the national lottery appeal for the winner to come forward" its been 12hours ffs. What's the need for appeal, I'd understand if weeks had passed, most ppl wouldn't even be awake yet 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

**** the Lotto . I go to Monaghan town to do it on my phone and keep getting ‘ it looks like you’re not in Ireland ‘ . Ring them and they say put location on, which i have . But depending on which way the wind is blowing i’m getting different signals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Clickbait journalism "..everybody is saying the same thing about...."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I am TA'd that i cant thank this post more than once......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

People using the word “hell” or even worse “heck” as a conjunction in their sentences. Noticing it has become much more frequent in Irish people writing online here and everywhere

e.g. “I didn’t make it to the party, hell, I didn’t even leave my house!”

“I love pringles, heck, I eat a whole tube of them every day”

It’s so bloody American, it annoys me a lot more than it should

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Trying to tidy my bedroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I was considering taking a foreign student for 3 weeks in July.

Bit of extra cash and I have a teenager myself.

They're paying €300 per week which I think in the current climate is miserable.

They need 3 meals day (one is a packed lunch to take for their day trips), drop and collect at a designated village, and all the associated electricity costs (light, washing their clothes, showering, wi fi).

I think anything north of €400 would be a start.

It's a no from me..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Drivers that have BOTH the ‘L’ plate and ‘N’ plate on their windscreens. Is it competition for other road users to guess their driving ability?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I just treat them as idiot....it serves me well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

How about if you refuse to give them back until the parents pay a large ransom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Massive risk the parents would say keep them 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The car is likely shared between 2 siblings, one a learner, the other has passed their tests, or they both drive a parent's car.

My TA is when they stick them on the bonnet and boot, or cut most of the white surround away as if they're embarrassed and trying to hide the fact that they haven't been driving for years.

The media proclaiming that we are at the end point with regards doing anything about climate change and then telling us to buy buy buy travel travel travel consume consume on the same page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Indeed. Not sure what nationality student you were thinking of taking but based on personal experience, there are teenagers and there are teenagers from a, eh, certain continental country who set the bar for teenage attitude. I'm sure their parents would not be too distraught if Fannie or Laurant felt like extending their stay in Ireland for a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It was Spain that was advertised but my wise mom has talked me out of it.

She hosted them for a few years and said the hassle/responsibility isn't worth it.

I remember them being so wealthy, aghast there was no swimming pool for them!

That's why I think €300 is an insult.

The clientele of students could afford double that!

To thine own self be true

I’ve been suffering from insomnia , but fell asleep last night . And woke up around 5 pm !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The "cool" kids cut the white background out...

"The plate should be a red ‘L’ on a white background and should not be less than 15cm high with a border of at least 2cm"

Against the rules, but hey we got cars on the road with all sorts of funky reg plates; all sorts of fonts, German fonts (dickheads who want you to know they drive a GERMAN car), yellow reg plates, smaller than regulation size plates, so what's the point of having rules at all?

I have 3 pairs of reading glasses, only one is worth a shyte . And I can’t find them 😡 Also looking back at my posts , it seems im a grumpy old git !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,094 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I follow two renowned psychologists on social media…I developed an interest post being exposed to the great Dr Jordan Peterson ..but….now, all of a sudden, my TA ….The number of young twenty something ‘amateur’ psychologists on social media, both TikTok and now Instagram reels. Keeps appearing… unsolicited, unqualified , unwanted and downright fûcking unreliable, aswell as boring and idiotic . Kindly, fück off with this craic.

every one of the dweebs with an answer to a question that nobody asked, an opinion steeped in a personal belief which they effortfully dress up as a clinically clinical fact…. Absolutely 100% sure of themselves. They get absolutely hyper ventilating and obnoxious if anyone questions, critiques or criticises them, or even offers a counter view. Their walls filled with Star Wars memorabilia but you won’t see a degree in psychology from Harvard or Yale, or anywhere, 😅😵‍💫🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA - Tik Tok - WTF

Why does anyone want to watch a randomer talk shite or dance shite

Who Cares? From what i see on my daughters phone, they aren’t experts, just randomers talking about Love Island (more shite) etc - the world is fecked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement