Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you have something to eat in a cafe and it's really nice, but then you go to the toilet and it's minging in there. My memory of that meal should not be the stench of p*ss afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Sounds a lot like a pub carpet from the pre-smoking ban era

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People throwing sh*tty jacks paper out the window of the pub toilets. Overlooks a car park so blowing around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yeah, nasty practice - hopefully isolated / one-off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've worked in rough places and dirty places across the midlands and west but I've never heard of the like of that..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Do you know when you have one of those moments when you think you've lost your keys/wallet/phone/etc but you the relies it's in your pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

God .. New York the Mexican workers would put used toilet roll in the bins. Stank the place out

I went to a job in the projects in new York and it was a common practice there to throw everything, including used bog roll ot the window. The scariest 3 days of my life !

I changed Internet providers and the password is not working . I've taken photos of , so I'm putting it in right, but no connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I really feel the last few weeks that my life feels like a real life Trueman Show. I really think it's the only excuse for all the annoyance of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The mass of sh1tty plastic rubbish sold on the run up to Paddys day, stupid plastic hats and glasses made in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm awake since 4.30. It's going to be a very long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I picked up a bottle of wine for my friend at the shop and she sent me a prayer hands emoji. I thought she was praying for me after my bottle of wine 😂

The prayer hands emoji has numerous meanings apparently including thanks and hope so I think sone of the people are indicating they hope the lost pet/person is found safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thinking the other day that getting my tesco vouchers on my phone would be handier, they turn out to be slower.

When you scan a paper voucher,you need to put it into a slot before you can move on to the next voucher.

Because this is not possible, you need an assistant to do something on the machine after every voucher.

I had 4 vouchers and 5 coupons to scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just on this. It’s so frustrating. The absolute moment they start flashing amber, I see cars generally going through them without looking to see if anyone else is crossing.

What’s the correct use of them? Drive through if safe to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yeah, that’s it. Go through if there’s no one around.

The problem is that if someone is there trying to cross they are hesitant because they know cars just barrel through and even if you stop to let them cross the cars on the other side don’t, so you’re sending someone into danger.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This convo from last week,

Phone voice says push 2 if you considerer yourself a vulnerable customer, I am so I do(having failed for 4 days to have their system recognise the password)

Staff member1, hallo can I have your agency no and credentials?

Me, giving those details, tell them that I cant get into the portal and I need X form sent asap as the info will be passed along to the law dept. shortly,

SM 1: what is your email and I'll email it for expedience.

Me; Gives her wrong email by accident and ends call.

Three days later no form so I call back, same palaver push this and than button(am still a vulnerable customer)

SM2 Hi how can I help?

Me explaining that I gave the wrong email and now I need the form asap.

SM2 ok, I've put that email in now and I'll put a request to the office to send you out some forms to help you avoid having to navigate the portal.

A week passes, I call again.

SM3, Can I have your credentials please,

Me, explains the situation and she says she will get one in the post today 🙄 and apologies for the delay as she knows these things are time sensitive but its why they have the portal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also the link to the form was sent out on the day requested on the company email(which I did not give to them on any of the calls)

Me, can I just check the email address so there is no confusion in the future?

SM3, yes its (the company email which is fine) so I ask her to delete the other emails I have given previously, she asks when did you call as there is no record of you calling us here preciously.

Mmmm, they sent the form link after the first call but its not in any of the emails, the second guy didn't have any details to give the office to send the forms and but I still don't have them. I would HATE to be a really venerable person having to deal with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had planned to take the mutt for a long walk along the coast this morning but we both ended up getting blasted off the beach by the wind and rain. On the way back home the mutt jumped up onto my freshly washed black jogger pants, covering my right leg with mud. Also it was a nightmare trying to clean the mud and dirt off of his paws and underside when we finally got back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My understanding that you proceed with caution - that’s the pedestrian as well as the vehicles. It is a road so cars have right of way - you shouldn’t walk across the road on flashing light (only keep going if you’re on it) unless there is no vehicles. Clear as mud really so we can see where the issues lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

plans for the evening… home, food, football on TV, cricket on TV and sleep. Basically a relaxing, enjoyable, chilled Friday night.

halfway through the football I’m getting a WhatsApp from a friend of mine, she lives in Italy, in a difficult marriage with a Swiss guy.. one kid, but they have little in common and it looks like and is at this point a loveless marriage…on both of their behalf’s.

shes is out for a drink with workmates and talking absolute nonsense about him. He’s not the most engaging or enthusiastic individual, granted, and a strange match, he’s never enthusiastic about anything, but she fückin picked him… a week ago she changed all her social media pics and WhatsApp to just her or her and their kid…

always thought her complaints were just marriage teething troubles but sheeet. Either way, I’ve never been married, don’t know what to say and if I was of the mind to become a marriage consultant it’s not going to be late on a Friday night to someone who’s had a lot to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I remember years ago, at the self service, putting the vouchers into the slot but the system not recognising I had done this because they are so light.

The store assistant had to come over and blow into the slot to try shove it down more into the slot 🙄

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Can I have a lazy, nothing to do, happy Saturday ? Well, it seems people don’t share my feelings, needs or expectations that after a busy week, I might like to spend Saturday, just parked in front to the goddamm TV for an afternoon….grrrrrr

Theres a little knack to getting them in sometimes.

Not to have them crinkled and give them a good push always works for me.

Just to add to my previous ta, as well as the vouchers, one item came up as unexpected item in bagging area and then the built in scales had to be recalibrated for my bananas.

To be honest, I half expected to come on here to an onslaught of TA's from people complaining about the dickhead holding up the whole shop! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think we've all been there with self service 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

TA the other day in tesco, busy enough and some d!ckhead messing around with their phone vouchers holding a queue up and then the elusive machine shouting that there's an unexpected item somewhere.

I just wanted to get home and drink my wines 😁

Hey, trying to buy wine before hours!

Now I'm ta'd again 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My inability to put Bonjela on an ulcer/sore gum without immediately just licking it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Im awake since 4.30, entertaining a toddler with the wife in hospital with pregnancy pains....

It feels like its 7pm...and its not even 11.30am....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Colleagues manoeuvring late on Thursday night meant that I was "volunteered" to take out a friend of a particular colleague who had been a god send in getting our didle de eye eye type video out for the companies website( demanded every year but no allocation of cash or resources (ta))

I've had chats with him before so I comfortable enough with him, only place open sold sandwiches/rolls etc. When we sat down he asked was I only eating veg I was trying to lose weight?(I really didn't need to as I am cuddly enough according to him), He then goes on to tell me how in his informed opinion there are no such things as autism, dyslexia or food allergies(tho there is an opinion in the medical community that these things can be linked) these things in his mind are just "attention seeking" or laziness.

I don't know what ta's me more, that there are still ppl like this or that I'm still annoyed about it all.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement