Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Yeah it was the stale piss that gave it away. Stale piss city they should call it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,017 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Irish America is so out of touch with present day Ireland.

Those absolute AOH dinosaurs who run the NYC parade, corned beef and cabbage dinners, beer dyed green, four leaf clovers instead of shamrocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I remember one day getting the train late to work, 10 am, and there was a couple in front of me at the table launching into bags of crisps and beer.

It's a good think I was working so that I could pay for their health care 😒😒😒

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People wishing footballers happy birthday on facebook is my TA for today.

They will never see your post and they don't care about you!

LOI is not included in the above as they will probably see your post and thank it

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The flood of paddy power ads. the ones on the tv are bad enough but the in-game ads on every android game i've played in the last week have been paddy power ads.

• There’s something ironic about an android/iOS “free” to play game running gambling ads especially since the games are effectively gambling with the instant win shite etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Personal space, personal space, personal gaddang space. I'll hop off the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭donegal_man

People calling our National Holiday "Paddy's Day".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Are you getting enough liquids in? Muscle cramps in the calves can be a sign of dehydration.

Other than that, stretches and a banana might help. Horrible thing to happen.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Off to a business later where I’ll be no doubt encountering the usual ‘version dîckhead’….a manager who is …Either ..version

A) all delighted to see you, coming over talking to you about the match, while being gregariously friendly and enthusiastic about seeing you, enthusiastic about the job, colleagues and life in general…

or

B) being extremely bitchy, ignorant to colleagues about clients or his other staff in front of other clients, staff and basically talking about people who fund his wages in an absurdly immature, invasive, poxbottle, unprofessional and disgusting manner…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That my daytime telly is 'celebrities 'edition

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

People who add "to be fair " at the end of a sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was just in a newly enough opened stationary shop which mainly deals in greetings cards for every occasion. They had a specific section for 'pets' so you can mark your dog or cats special day, and it confirmed my suspicions- the world is gone mad and the downward spiral is drastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

This one is a busy area as well. I've moved to another chemist now so hopefully this wont happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Trampas

What’s he going to say to him when he does something as a baby or toddler. A good boy. Sorry go IT or whatever he decides to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Well, attention is the lads currency and he’s been very successful in obtaining bucket loads of it courtesy of this little escapade to go with others… he’s essentially a WUM which, well, we know how much they love attention.

Mine….

fancying an early-ish night, forgot to put the phone on silent and two quick fire notifications waking me from my almost sleep. Irish businesses, one a media site the other a sporting business…. At post 1.00 am ? Why ? Why is that a thing ?

the sports business at least has to be automated as no fûcker is being paid by them at 1.00 am to be sitting around doing communications / social media.. and the media, it’s just a rehash of earlier news só possibly the same… either way, piss off, stop bugging people at this hour ffffff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Probably is due to the Homogenising process 😉

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD: @realdanbreen Taking digs a posters in the thread is not on, do not post in this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My trivial annoyance is the the pharmacy in my local Tesco is closing at the end of April. It was always handy to do a bit of shopping while waiting for my prescription. Apparently, 8 Tescos in Ireland have pharmacies and they are closing them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think I might have just got caught by a camera van. :(

One of the legacy sites 'where there's been a fatality on the road'. A f**king pedestrian crossing the road dressed all in black about 2am pissed as a fart. Has to be 15 years ago now and no fatalities since. And now there's a camera van on a wide open main road with an 80k limit, with one infrequently used turn off that has a turning lane and all. Safety my hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A man ahead of me on the path standing at the lighted junction, just standing there expecting the pedestrian lights to change magically.

Not a ta but a trivially sad, the amount of parcel delivery vans around as they drop off mothers day presents from their kids abroad.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My courier-related trivial annoyance is a neighbour who drives for DPD. I'm 3 houses from a corner (say number 3) and he lives in number 8. He constantly parks his DPD van on the edge of the green outside number 4 & 5.

It's bad enough that every morning the van is almost the first thing I see when I open the front door, but yesterday I realised why he probably parks there. He wasn't home from work yet so I got to see the muddy muck patch that he has created by parking there, while outside his own house up the road, it's pristine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The fact that there's always some ding dong at the checkout holding everyone else up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A newish colleague asked me if she could say something, I said yes, she said you would look MUCH slimmer if you wore more fitted clothes 🙄 I only ever see her on the way to my job mandated health activities, yoga, acupuncture etc.

So I'm supposed to wear fitted clothes to those activates where no one will pay attention anyway??????????????????????????????

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just be grateful you aren't on the return journey tomorrow evening, you can add vomit then as well 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'd retort by saying "funnily enough, I was just about to say the same to you" you judgy bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Both the traffic in town, and crowds in the supermarket, were insane early this afternoon. Looks like St.Patrick's weekend is going the way of Christmas, when everyone seems to think that the shops will be closed for a few days and thus stockpile.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Broadband is down, day relaxing on couch fecked!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement