Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

'Sent from my Galaxy.'

Where the hell else would I be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

1) People not bothering sending official RSVPs to my wedding even though the deadline passed yesterday. I don't care if they aren't coming (in fact, the less the better from my POV when it comes to the final bill), just let me know either way. I shouldn't have to chase people for the answer with enough going on. I just have to assume they are coming, but then the table plan could be carnage if they are no shows on the day.

2) on the same theme, a friend whose foreign stag I went to, and for whose wedding I forked out money for a stay in the fancy hotel he had it in, isn't coming to mine. I should have known really since he didn't bother making the effort to go to my one-day stag within half an hour of home, and he seems to have generally disappeared off the face of the earth since he became the first man ever to become a daddy (kid must be in school by now). Two less mouths to feed I suppose.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's why I usually cut the foil around the tablets first. It's actually quite satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Wasting time worrying about wasting time. Also wasting time on phone when I could be wasting time on something more enjoyable.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA is that I've had half a cup of tea I was really looking forward to, and now I'm feeling really nauseous. That, and a very sore wrist for no reasons at all. F*ck you, radial nerve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'd do that but I've to take nearly twenty tabs a day

Yikes... Yep, I'd say the novelty would wear off pretty quickly.

Post edited by New Home on

...and now I've dropped my phone on my toe.... the pain.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Sh!t like this drives me crazy, send them an uninvited and be done with them, it'll work out much cheaper too. I'm still TAd that when I was getting married I was getting too many "ums" so much so we decided on a registry office affair with about 10 people. Further TA that still the odd time I get questioned by those 'ums' as to why I didn't go ahead with the big wedding, feck off is why!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Advertisement

Its weight wasn't dissimilar...

Watching NolanLive and they're all calling the woman Sorcha Sorise 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I watch it too, those Unionists are very shouty aren’t they 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Vita nova

People that place ads on Adverts, Donedeal or Facebook for furniture without the dimensions. It means having to message sellers every time I'm searching for secondhand furniture, it also means extra work for the seller.

Same applies to people selling TVs or other electronic equipment without including the model number.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I still haven't forgiven the women who never responded to the RSVP but called my MIL the day before the wedding to see if was still ok if she come. I was tempted to tell her to feck off.

My sister just got engaged and the cost of venues these days is just extortionate. She's looking at upwards of €10,000 just for the venue with a modest guestlist. And the longer you wait the more and more expensive it gets for no obvious reason.

Edit to add actual TA: Totoro and Sionna (Cats) tolerated each other well enough. Sionna always liked Totoro more than he did her. But since she passed away 2 weeks ago he's been crying outside our bedroom door every morning looking to get in. We think he misses her company. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This line from some british sit com,

P1, your like Martin McGuinness,

P2, so now I'm the shouty one,

P1, no, the other fella,

P2, so I'm not the shouty one, but the terrorist!?

Cant even start on why that annoyes me in general and especially today, when most ppl I know will be made homeless.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

When you spend all morning trying to fix an issue in work because you keep getting interrupted and it's a really tediuos issue to focus on for long.

Dark chocolate.

It's just not milk chocolate, is it ?

I think it's healthy cause you can only eat a tiny bit 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you order a toasted sandwich in a pub/cafe and they barely show it to the toaster.

The butter wasn't even melted on the one I just got, let alone the cheese, and the ham was still fridge-cold.

And the worst part is, they charged me an extra euro for the toasting!

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,953 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Charging a euro for toasting a sandwich is prickish behavior… place in town stared that pre pandemic, I never went back.

• Advertisement

Sneaky fukers.

When management get really agitated and everyone is stressed out about a deadline that someone made up off the top of their head. It's like egos on fire !! 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The older lady who pushed in front of me at the bus queue, giving out about a youngster who got on the bus from the side door and went upstairs.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

It doesn't really annoy me , but I find it strange thar a country ( england ) whose flag is white with a red cross wear white with blue trim in scoccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,953 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

England vs Italy.

good fûck… complete roll reversal… back in the day the the Italian teams were known for diving / simulation, over stating injuries, very physical fouls and just general shîthousery…

the English team trying to outdo them tonight… Kane with a deliberate foot breaker, that probably deserved a red or close. English lads throwing themselves to the deck, Saka again as I type doing a Swan Lake effort. Ref is poxy… Grealish now at it… scummy.

The local shop stopped stocking the coffee I like and the replacement is muck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I just heard my wife say Happy Friday.

Should I get divorced?

When you are dipping a biscuit In your tea, and you know you've left it too long and it breaks off in your tea.

Biscuit gone ! Tea ruined !

There is a life lesson here folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I always found those huge eyes of his terrifying when I was a little kid.

Today's grumbles are a painful and swollen lymph node in my neck as well as an extremely irritating dry cough. I've also a right foot MRI appointment which is scheduled late afternoon on Easter Sunday of all dates 🙄 Hopefully it'll show what's been causing that niggly burning metatarsal pain that I've had since early January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement