Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Yea Raffles taken out might be just as well with the bad ground,one who does like it heavy is Muchos Mas 4.10 Sandown and its money back 2nd or 3rd so I had a few quid ew at 5s.

Givega once again did not produce on heavy ground and worth a look on better ground,glad I switched to Monveil,ran well enough and got a small profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CH3OH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭crushproof

Excellent stuff Zimmer

It wont break the books but it shows the value of having a heavy ground horse on your side when the going is very soft,it will pay for the night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I see give a little back is out in the first at Wolverhampton this evening, seem to recall him being mentioned here before, 5-2

In an attempt to get few quid for Cheltenham I backed Bird for Life in the 7.30 Wol.

He hardly ever breaks on terms and gives the others a bit of a start but always runs on and if the jockey times it right he can get his head in front.

There are only 4 or 5 of the 8 runners with any kind of a chance and at 7 to 1 is too big,as well PP are money back if 2nd or 3rd and he might be a bit of value ew so I had a couple of tenders ew.

Not in any way confident of making money at Cheltenham on tuesday but getting involved in a couple of races,the bad ground will make it dificult and we can expect shocks.

In the 2.50 i am hoping CLOUDY GLEN can repay ew support at around 20s with PP going 6 places i am hoping he can be competitive,the ground should be ok and he stays well and has course form,i am having a saver on NASALAN who has never ran over this far but if staying the trip should be dangerous.

In the 5.30 i like MISTER coffey ew and hope he gets the trip,often finds one too good but could find the ground slowing down the others and just might be suited by conditions if staying the trip,not guaranteed but looks as if he should get it.

Has a wily amateur on board who will give it a good ride and comes from a top yard rates an ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭crushproof

Everyone waiting for Zimmer to appear....

Hehe! It's like that feeling when the stranger who's buying your car has taken it for a quick spin,and is gone for an hour! Anyway I'm going for Gaelic Warrior at 5-1 in the first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Run for Oscar, Delta Work, Global Citizen, Fact to File, Sir Gerhard, I'll look at backing a few of those depending on prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭liamtech

for today iv gone

• Gaelic Warrior
    • The Real Whacker
    • Run for Oscar
    • Global Citizen

They seem like worthy contenders at reasonable prices so

I also have 2 euro each way on 'Fiercely Proud' at 5:30 - its a throw away bet TBH but i thought i recognized the name, and sure enough this one pipped my Fav 'Notimeforanother' a few months ago - and at 80-1 - a 'just in case' flutter of 2Euro EW seemed like good bantz - the horse owes me cause he ruined an otherwise good trixie, and im fiercely proud ;)

Good luck all!!!!

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lucky 31 for today

With the Caveat that i REALLY dont know anyting, even at the best of times

Im might go 'Back on the Lash' 4:10pm Priced 10-1 so EW for me- something about his track record looks reasonable for me - And the soft ground, might suit too - I really should quit while im ahead, i have a winner and a place - and chances on Global Citizen, and that crazy long-shot in Fiercely Proud

Anyway just thought id throw it out there, i welcome criticism, or verbal assault if you think im nuts (which i am)

Help Zimmermania!

Knock twice if you can hear us!

Still alive but Cheltenham really requires a good deal of time and even then it is very difficult.

Too many laid out for the meeting e. g all JPs trainers have devoted the last 6 months to laying out horses for the meeting and it can be difficult to rule one out.

The stayers hurdle always interested me and it often throws up winners at decent prices.

The French horse ran well when upped to 3 miles in a recognised trial.

UK bookies bias means he may go off at a bigger price than he should and I backed it ew at 11 to 1.

Look at your messages.

Mill Green always targets the Pertmpts and usually runs well,a bit old now at 11 but older horses in staying races often run well and at around 25 to 1 will carry a tenner ew of my money 6 places everywhere.

Thanks Zim - just looking at that race now - trying to work the angles and looking at my messages so!? What do you reckon?

@zimmermania can i ask your opinion!

Looking at the 1:30pm Novices' Chase? Im very amateur when it comes to picking horses, but spent a while last night going through this one!

Cannot help but feel that Mighty Potter is opposable here - And i got caught on Appreciate it, and Staged Star - both seem like reasonable prospects - and Staged Star's price seems healthy enough! just wondered about your thoughts - Thanks in adv :)

Did not see until now we done if you got the winner.

I did not pay any attention to that type race on the principle "cant back it cant back against it"

• Advertisement

Yea staged star done the business for me. I went with him over appreciate it and was happy with the win. Appreciate just didnt look appealling. I was happy out with the 8-1 on star and I had him each way so.. Happy days

Your own call did well too for me.. Mill green 22-1 placed.. So thanks for that zim!!

Im browsing tomorrow already looking to find a few options so! Lookin forward to it!

In the county hurdle which used to close the meeting in the old days Aucunfrisque at 28 to 1 6 places is worth a few quid ew,was very well backed when making all in the Greatwood hurdle,beating Filey Bay and any improvement will make him hard to beat in the 2.10.

Billaway could be good enough to win the Hunter Chase at 4.10 and in the last,another tough handicap I like the look of the fast improving Iroko.

Iroko saved the day at 8s fought back really well

The TWO Amigos likes marathon trips and is a very good ew bet to win the 3.oc Midland Grand National at Utoxotter sat,ran well off higher mark in this race in the past and looks a good bet to me at 10s ew MANY FIRMS GOING 6 PLACES.

Young Fire 9 to 2 in the last 8.30 at Wol must be given another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thanks Zimmer SP 13/2

Just saw your fancy before the off

And got 9/1 on betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Another winner with a nice drift, amazing stuff zimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hibbert

Fantastic many thanks for all your tips

• Advertisement

Nice finish to the punting day

Advertisement