Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The DP World Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Russman

Tricky one for the tour I think. TBH I'm torn between: he was told by a marshal on the spot that it was that tree, so was pre-conditioned to look for a ball with his marking, and lots of people mark their ball in a similar way and it's through binoculars, versus nah, you'd know your own ball mark for God's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah thought that myself, he wasn't going to know it was in a tree, let alone which one. Don't think that'll be a saving grace though if he was to be booted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Wallace, 32, is said to have told a group of reporters in Dubai:

"He said to me he uses only Titleist [ProV1] 3s with a red dot and a black line and that is the last I am going to say on it."

However Reed told the official that he marked his golf ball with a black line with an arrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just to put DP Tour win at the weekend into perspective, Rors got 29.49 ranking points, PGA tour winner got 47.06

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

Think Rory took home more $$$$$$ tho. Slightly bigger prize purse plus the wedge he gets just to turn up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭AyeGer

That might need a bit of rebalancing. I hope the DP World tour grows and competes better with the PGA Tour. I wonder would allowing LIV golfers enter more competitions spice it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

When is this court ruling coming as regards the players off the tour sponsored by murdering anti-women's and anti-lgbtqia rights being allowed to compete on this tour? I am not watching it while they are playing on it.

That's interesting/damning if true. Was Wallace playing with him when it happened ?

I dunno I don't really buy the whole "golf needs a villain bla bla" that I've seen in a few recent articles. For sure it can deal with guys who are simply d1cks, there's plenty of those, but if someone crosses the line to actual cheating, then I don't think golf wants that. The locker room will know anyway.

If its the issue with the DP World Tour & LIV, then the arbitration hearing is Feb 6-10 I think. Its not an actual court hearing though afaik, whereas in the US its actual court cases. From what I've briefly read though its nothing to do with Saudi involvement (good or bad), its to do with the the tour's regulations around conflicting events and the enforcement of those regulations. The panel will be a few weeks mulling it over after the hearing. Mind you, I'll still watch the golf regardless, even if I've no interest in most of the LIV players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

I was actually decussing this with a mate He likes LIV and sees nothing wrong with it. I however hate it. Anyway he did make an interesting point that the DP tour needs the LIV guys as you will have the likes of DJ, Cam, Brooks and maybe even Phil all playing the DP tour for owgr points which they normally wouldn't play in and this will only help boost the DP tour.. Although I really dont agree with it I see his point. He even thinks that the DP tour powers at be will be secretly hoping to lose the court case for that reason alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

We need a ryder cup style event with Europe vs LIV, winners play the Americans!!

Post edited by Mantis Toboggan on

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well I won't ever watch it if those despicable people are playing and there's lots of people like me.

I will never give an ounce of support to anybody who considers money more important than the rights of LGBTQIA and women. Who don't care about the attrocities and war crimes in Yemen and the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

If you take that money you are attempting to help these people sportwash their image. Every player would have been made well aware of this, if they didn't know already, before joining that tour.

Please stick to charter rules in discussion folks, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭IAmTitleist

The DP World Tour will be an infinitely better spectacle if the likes of Koepka, Smith, DJ, Mickelson, Garcia were able to compete on it too. Just imagine having those guys on some of the regular Euro tour stops at the Irish/French Open. Immediately a better product to watch and more entertaining.

I get your point about human rights but at the end of the day i'm tuning in to watch golf not worry about every single players political stances and whether or not they're whiter than white.

A strong DP World Tour is the best chance we have of seeing golf in person. Like the Irish Open. I fear the future is bleak though. With the money in LIV and PGA Tour what chance has the DP World Tour got in the medium to long term.

I'll still support the DP World Tour, i was at the Irish Open last year and ill be going again this year.

Whilst money is for sure a big reason, the decimation of DP ranking points and Top 10 into the PGA Tour all but finished the DP Tour.

It's a pure feeder now with the odd big money/name event

Well I was always like that but this thing is just too much to ignore for me.

I watch the PGA tour carefree and I'm loving that.

Have to say though that I'm very proud to see an Irishman standing tall against it, not just speaking out but leading the way.

Best double bogey of Dan Gavins career!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pressure is a funny thing, never thought I'd say a double bogey putt was clutch but here we are.

Lombard had 6 bogeys today and finished 1 shot off a possible playoff. Real pity for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

-8 from Tom McKibbin this morning to lead midway through the first round of the Singapore Classic

I'm a fan of the man since following him at the Irish Open in Lahinch a few years ago. I watched his back nine on the Saturday. I thought he was going to win it after watching him but he fell away on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

The 17th at Amata Spring CC in Thailand. Proper island green, need a boat trip to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Trampas

No event for a month. Pelley must be proud of the job he’s done that middle of summer and not one event for a month

Think they had a few Co Sanctioned pga tour events in the US.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yep, The barbasol and barracuda events which played underside to the Scottish open and open championship were co-sanctioned events. Couple of DP world tour players did well at the barracuda

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Although he's right as well. From the barracuda to the isps handa, it's a 4 week gap with no official dp world tour tournament on the schedule.

https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/schedule/2023/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Trampas

2024 dates announced and pelley has announced swings everywhere to try and make something out of nothing.

Irish open in September the week before bmw. Abu Dhabi the week before final event so trying to get the main players over for the final events by making them Rolex

Crazy that the Irish open and BMW aren't included for the Ryder Cup qualification.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

R2D points are slightly better for the smaller events and more 5,000 events towards the back end of the season so hopefully it helps in determining the best player over the season rather than the current way where basically if Mcilroy or Rahm play well in the majors it's already over.

Would rather they went further and made the smallest events 4k and those back 9 events 6k...its way too suited to the big players who only bother playing two or three regular events.

Advertisement