Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Decent field for Galgorm this weekend, anyone going to it?

Few big names in it, I suppose they have nowhere else to play.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Trampas

Wouldn’t call it a decent field bar a couple of names. 11 points for winner. Challenge tour ranked player of 30 getting his name on timesheet. Shane playing next 2 weeks. Why skip this one as only up the road from home

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gaa goes

If prize money remains roughly the same like this year re 2024 DP World Tour schedule (and that would appear to be case) then I can see a lot of players on the tour try their luck with PGA Tour and LIV golf q-school later in the season.

Looks like despite all the fanfare that Keith Pelley and his DP World tour lapdogs were acclaiming on the media and social media channels yesterday, that the DP World Tour is sinking further and further towards a lame duck "elite tour".

More like a feeder tour for LIV and PGA Tour nowadays. Well done Keith Pelley for his role in helping to ensure declining standards for this once proud tour.

Decent for a challenge tour event including some great female golfers.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

But it’s the main tour event and not a challenge one

• Advertisement

Not one Irish player under par, desperate stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 25,339 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Terrible day for the Irish. With some players still to finish their second round, Tom McKibbin (+2) is in 42nd place and will probably be the only one of the eleven Irish (32C) players to make the cut.

I see former Taoiseach Enda Kenny at the trophy presentation for the ISPS Handa World Invitational at Galgorm Castle which was won in great style by Englands Daniel Brown.

A birdie feast in Czech open.

Adam Scott and Danny Willett added to the field for the Horizon Irish Open at the K Club commencing two weeks today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Close finish at Wentworth !

Play suspended now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

What a crowd of useless idiots Sky are cutting off the recording at the scheduled time rather than continuing to the end of play. How hard can it be? They do do it sometimes. Incompetent fools.

Crazy that they can't get the French Open on in prime time summer.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Some Liv players have got their names on the timesheet for dunhill links. Pro invites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭AyeGer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Only three of the victorious Ryder Cup team playing this weekend. I guess playing at least three (and possibly four) rounds of golf in four balls with amateurs was a bit much for most of them to take on after a very charged weekend in Italy.

Not surprised really, I'd expect they're wretched, surprised to see Aberg playing the Sanderson farms.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd say he's hoping to pick up some points now like how Power workEd it, ry nab a win and get some exemptions

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭paulos53

The governor of PIF, Yasir Al-Rumayyan is playing in the amateur section with Peter Uihlein. Out in the same group as the head of the R&A Martin Slumbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Surprised any of them are playing to be honest 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Infoseeker1975

Hopefully a good week for Mark Power and John Murphy who had his best finish in this event previously; huge prize money and average field so could be a season changing week if you can get a top 10

Never mind 5+ hour rounds in what could be wild Scottish weather.

No Play today at the Dunhill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Mark Power had a solid week. Picked up another decent check and is up inside the top 200 on the race to dubai. Hopefully it gives him the confidence to.push on in Q-School

Another win for meronk

I wonder will Meronk give it a go on the PGA tour. Plenty of DP Tour wins now

#justiceformeronk

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭paulos53

New video from the European tour. Andy Sullivan playing the Belfry with just a 5 iron. Seems to be playing off the member tees rather than the pro tees but I am still amazed at how many tap-in pars that he had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭jams100

Indicative of how poor the European tour is that McIlroy who has only played 9 events (of course played very well in those, including two rolex series) but has already won the R2D before the final event.

Meanwhile Meronk, who has won 3 events this season, including the Italian open and Andalucia masters and played in 23 events and made 18 cuts doesn't have a chance going into the final event!

I get McIlroy and Rahm bring glamour to the events they play on the European tour but it really is insulting that they can play 9 and 7 events respectively and be number 1 and 2. (Were they to play a similar number on the PGA / FedEx tour, they'd be nowhere near the top).

The idea that McIlroy could be compared to Monty as per that article is ludicrous imo, so much easier for the likes of Rahm and McIlroy to win the R2D, so much so, that's its become meaningless imo

I have nothing against McIlroy, I just hate that the top golfers like him and Rahm are given such a ridiculous leg up over the course of the season on the DPWT

Advertisement