Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Pelley always seemed a strange fit to me, as far as I'm aware he had no prior experience in the golf industry. He had cool glasses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭big_drive

I know little about him. The one thing he seems to have done well was keep the European tour going during covid. Seen comments from a few players and other close to the scene giving some positive comments in that regard. Thomas Bjorn actually said he thinks the tour would have folded completely only for Pelley so he must have done some good behind the scenes that the general public aren't aware of

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Fleetwood wins out in the battle of the chokers. 🤣 Neither of them wanted to win it

McIlroy Sunday failings clear for all to see.3 putt horrendous Drive up the last poor

Putting still letting him down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Didn’t want to come back in 2 years to defend

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Advertisement

And gets paid a bit over €7,000 too, pure cod of a set up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I see Niemann is playing, are the LIV players already being welcomed back?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I was wondering did he pain a fine to play? He won in Australia to get his card but did he need to pay up to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

My best guess is that he hasn't played any LIV events since he joined the European tour so he hasn't broken any rules yet. I assume that he will have to resign as a member of the European tour before the first LIV event of the season or face a fine & suspension.

I don't think he was playing on the European tour when he signed up for LIV. That makes it easier for him to play a few events this season, unlike the likes of Garcia, Westwood & Poulter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Great to see Tom McKibbin have a solid week. Should bump his world ranking a couple of spots. Hopefully will break into top 100 soon.

Its amazing how little is mentioned on Rory winning. We really take him for granted. When I was growing we'd be getting excited if Des Smyth, Eamon Darcy etc even got into contention. A very common phrase in the news reports from golf events was...and best of the Irish was ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm more amazed by his capitulation and self destruction last week to conjure up a 2nd place that went uncommented on, usual a busy few days for Mods but nought mentioned????

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Was almost like he knew he was going to win this week and was just delighted to see Tommy finally win something.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I think is speaks what’s happening with boards in general than what’s happening on the course that people comment on

Wind and rain in Qatar

They get wind but rain also. Looks tough

Mckibbon only 2 off the lead

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tom needs to get going, Hoshino threatening to end it early although he does a bit of that seconditis about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tom played good golf tee to green but just couldn't hole any putts. The three ahead of him have all holed a few 10+ footers.

He's not totally out of it yet but you'd think he has to go birdie, eagle to have a chance.

I see Manassero is leading heading into the final round in South Africa tomorrow, would be great to see him win. Somehow he's still only 30!

Mckibbon currently 2 off the lead with 4 to play, -4 for round which includes a triple bogey on 1st

Yeah pity about the treble on the first, think he can make the PGA tour next season.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Great to see Manassero looks like winning again. He could have easily packed in the game but stuck at it

Wins comfortably in the end, great to see, almost holed his approach on 18 in near darkness too. Great stuff.

Blows Anthony Kim's comeback out of the water anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

65 for AK today!

Delighted to see Matteo back in the winner's enclosure but that was a league 1 quality field.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

i thought that Manassero was about 40!

I know it's unbelievable he's only 30. Had two wins on the European tour when he was 17, youngest winner in tour history

He's definitely an example to others who have slipped down about sticking with it and trying to get back to previous levels, someone like Paul Dunne hopefully might get back there too yet

Is this week in Singapore co sanctioned in anyway that Casey got on the timesheet. Down as an invite but seems strange he got one since he plays the wheelbarrow events

Co sanctioned according to the Chipping Forecast pod.

You'll see most wearing shorts.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Seems he has a partnership with Porsche so that got him in. Strange call. Probably doing it to annoy European Tour fans as only played 5 scoring events

Some turnaround, shoot's course record 62 after an 81 in round 1 to make the cut.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

Bandit. How can a guy shoot 19 shots different from one day to the next. Must be fudging his handicap.

Advertisement