Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

They might follow the pga tour model to keep it alive until last event.

Not a good q school for the local lads. Only Caldwell looks like making the cut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭big_drive

Wouldn't rule out Mark Power yet, but obviously he needs a good one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yes think the fedex format is the best way to do it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hoping 1 or 2 more can squeeze in however unlikely it may be, heading to it on Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Nearly a good call on Power. He bogeyed his final hole to miss the cut by a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭big_drive

I saw that , an absolute sickner for him. Poor few days for Irish players, lot of lads who were top amateurs here are finding it hard to make next step

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Three putt from 30 feet at his final hole. Conor O'Rourke also missed by one. The likes of Marc Boucher, Rob Moran and Alex Maguire trying Alps Tour qualifying in Rome on Thursday

None got through school. Caldwell with a couple of doubles put an end to his race

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

2 hooked drives with water on the left cost him. Annoying as was still in with a chance before 2nd one.

Playing partner Catlin though, full on steady round with nearly all pars, was on the score then just 2 bogies on 16 and 17 out of nowhere cost him. Crazy game it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Brilliant 60 from Wallace

Finish with 9 birds and a 5 on the card

Great mornings golf, fair play to Nicolai great back 9 under the gun. Heartbeat for Rasmus but the breaks. Another event that Fleetwood wilted when it was there for him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bernd Wiesberger has returned to the European Tour from LIV. He was low in the LIV rankings and I assume he was unable to get a team for the new season. He gets a European tour card for the new season due to being in the top 40 of the career earnings.

I wonder if McDowell will come back also. I don't think he has a team for next season yet and the number of spots are running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I think Graeme has enough juice to be retained as a major winner and Ryder Cup stalwart.

Bernd doesn't have a lot else going for him if he's out of form.

I guess the main non-financial consideration is; does he get a Ryder Cup clean slate by coming back and make himself a big contender for the captaincy in Limerick?

Does he come back with his previous status?

Unfortunately I think Grame has been too big a spokesperson for LIV, he may get back on tour but he can forget about Ryder cup captaincy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So who’s spot do these liv players take. I hope he came back begging

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They shouldn't be allowed back like nothing has happened. They should have to go through tour school or get a couple of sponsor invites and win enough cash to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

I presume they will have to satisfy one of the eligibility criteria or else rely on sponsors’ invitations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gaa goes

LIV player Dean Burmester with an impressive win in the Joburg Open.

Min Woo Lee very impressive too to win the Australian PGA Championship, he looks a potential superstar. It will be no surprise to see fellow Aussie Greg Norman getting in touch with him to see if he is interested in joining LIV Golf next year.

However the news from Australia is not so good for John Senden. He has recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. He is only 52. Outstanding ball striker and a very solid player on the PGA Tour for a number of years, on behalf of everyone here on boards.ie we wish John the very best in what is a very difficult and emotional time for him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Burmester wins again . I thought this was more impressive than last week as he just made the cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Interest has completely gone in the European Tour

Not sure what it can do to rejuvenate my watching habits now

Victor Dubussion retires at 33!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I like to watch golf after I'm finished my day, normally with a beer in the hand. Not possible with European golf. No interest in watching golf during the day. Perhaps full repeats or delayed footage might work. Round summary is also not my cup of tea, as it's basically just watching a load of guys all holing their putt.

The pro tours really need to examine how the sponsor invites are handed out. Ken Weyand shot +16 today. That is 10 shots worse than anybody else and 25 shots behind McIlroy.

As far as I can tell he has never played in any main tour event previously and is listed on the European Tour site as being 54 years old. He is a director of golf in a private club owned by Michael Jordan.

It is bad enough when this happens in a full field event but this is a limited field of 60 players with no cut and guaranteed prize money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

A man that was not there to improve the European Tour or Golf at all. Was there to make a salary & bonuses and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Goodbye and good riddance!

• Advertisement

Sponsors, tv and advertisers got the Sunday they would have wanted for. Let’s hope for a good final day. Crazy it’s 10 years since Tommy has lead after 3 rounds

Advertisement