Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Itsame Mario

I'm very aware of the difference, which I why I put KIA in brackets in case anyone thought I was referring to those WIA as part of the numbers. And I'm not the slightest bit worried if you or anyone else takes me seriously or not, especially given how little most on here seem to have researched the war going on.

Back to the numbers, they aren't my invention, these are numbers that have publicly stated by some Western officials.

You state that like it's a good thing? Why is the annihilation of Russia and its citizens appealing to you? Peace has got to be the best solution for all, don't you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

Both sides 🤣

There is only one side losing 1000's a day throwing men at mindless human wave assaults.

exactly and its lighter too,better suited for bridges and mud

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭jmreire

If Putin wins, there wont be any Ukrainians, Men, Women or Children left alive. Because that's his plan for Ukraine, and if he succeeds, what's his next plan? Poland, East Germany? Baltic States?? One thing is for sure, he will continue to make trouble for the west, and not only the west, but worldwide. Putin has to be stopped dead in his tracks once and for all, no matter how high the price. Failure to do so now will mean an even higher price in future. This is an inescapable fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's not my job to spend my time looking up articles for people on here

Of course not, you're getting them at the morning briefing along with the talking points. How's the gates? Did they do a good job fitting them back on? Is the place warm or are you still having problems sourcing heating oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

Unsubstantiated lie after lie.

All putinbots know are lies.

Sorry to dissapoint you but Russia have lost more than Ukraine,because wagner group, the seperatists DPR/LNR and kadyrovites are not part of the russian regular army,and are not counted for.

And there will be peace when Russia is defeated or leave Ukraine for good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭roosterman71

@Itsame Mario you've come to the wrong rodeo spouting stuff without links to back them up. Read through this thread. It's requested time and time again and it prevents commentators on both sides from filling the place with spurious nonsense. If you have facts and figures, throw up the link. You obviously have read it somewhere then copying in the link and giving your analysis, no matter what side of the fence yer on is more than welcome. Nor is it acceptable to state something, and then when asked for links as backup to tell the requester to go search for themselves. Not on and not how the thread operates. Get on board or ya will be thrown over it.

Post edited by roosterman71 on

Sure Mario, now just tell Putin to get his army out of Ukraine, and the bloodletting can stop immediately, then all the time in the world to discuss the future. No problem!!! Slava Ukraini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭timmyntc

big problem with maneuver warfare nowadays is that with loads of reconnaissance drones and satellite imagery, most troop and vehicle movements are known and expected, so its not easy to prep for an offensive without already giving your intentions away.

the mud doesnt help either, but its a combination of both that has led this to go less WW2 fast paced maneuver and more like WW1 trench warfare. Bakhmut is like another Verdun, and many other points along the contact line show similar characteristics - 2 sides heavily entrenched just shelling the sh*t out of each other from afar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

It's not a case of 10 AA systems are better than 1 F16.

It doesn't have to be this or that.

By the same logic, 10 AA systems AND and F16 is better.

F16's or any similar western jet is another method to shoot down an Iranian drone, another method to shoot down a cruise missiles. Another platform to launch HARM missiles, another platform to launch glide bombs (if/when) they get them. If they got Rafale's, a launch platform for storm shadow missiles.

Any western jet would be use at stand off range, nobody is thinking they will be used over Russian occupied land on a bombing run or Ukraine could achieve air superiority.

If mind reading is your job you need to look for another profession. What I meant is what I said, that the citizens of either country, but especially Ukrainians, would be a lot better off if a peace declaration was signed. What that declaration would say I don't know. Maybe it would involve signing over Crimea or the Donbass to Russia, which would obviously and understandably upset a lot of Ukrainians, just as when Collins signed over the North to the British a lot of Irishmen were angry and what ensued is known to all on here. Yet Collins is repeatedly voted the most loved Irishman of all time and most people have a high regard for him.

Also I find your last statement to be quite racist. To imply that all Russians are stupid cowards, that intelligence is beyond their capabilities is disgusting. You should sit down and have a good think about what has led you to even think thoughts like that, let alone openly state them. Ffs after all the years of Irish being portrayed as idiots walking around with a pig under each arm you really should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Another elephant in your room is that Russia doesn’t adhere to pacts/agreements.

So add that to the fact that the aggressor has no intention of peace.

So please tell how negotiations would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Don't be bringing Collins into this. Remember the British were running the whole island more or less and left with 6 counties (which in my opinion shouldn't have been agreed but that's history). There's no comparison to Collins' deal and giving Russia any territory that isn't fecking theirs!

So because you say that I've raised points that others have made, to you that means that I (and I assume any others who don't just blindly spew out what they've heard on Sky news) are Russian agents? In your mind is it not possible for someone to hold a different view on any subject without being in the employ of another states security apparatus? Should I suspect you of being in the SBU?

In my world of pink fluffy clouds etc peace is most likely to be brought about by negotiations. By refusing to discuss how to end the war the only option left seems for both side to keep killing eachother, something I'd like to see avoided. What suggestions do you have for getting this war to end with as few casualties as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The 100k figure was corrected the following day by a uUkranian official. But that doesn't suit your narrative.

You have been asked repeatedly for the social media source of hungarians being pulled off the streets in Ukraine and mobilised. You can't just spew lies on here and expect anyone to take you seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Finally Belgium is waking up a bit, the article is paywalled, but to steal a comment:

"Details of Belgium's February military aid package to Ukraine:

• 42 x IVECO LMV Lynx trucks - €609.000 (38 more in August)

• 15 x AMRAAM - €37.445.398

• 162 x RGW-90 anti-tank/anti-bunker rockets - €1.102.734

• 1260 x LAW anti-tank rockets - €3.666.663

FN Herstal will deliver (machine)guns, ammunition and accessories for a total of €49.000.000

• 150 VOLVO N10 trucks (to be sent in March)

TOTAL: +/- €92.000.000"

At least it's something.

Thats why manuever warfare have to be combined arms warfare,meaning MBTs, infantry,artillery,light armoured vehicles IFVs APCs,air defences and air support have to work together so that tanks can spearhead the enemies defence lines and do what they do best,destroy enemy armour and fortifications.

That's entirely up to you. If you did a bit of research you might come to a different conclusion but you are free to believe whatever you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Videos from Ugledar look grim. Scorch marks on every building from thermobaric weapons raining down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No, have a read back the thread. People pushing for peace under Russian terms are generally Russian supporters they can’t seem to openly admit that they are secretly cheering for child/adult raping, kidnapping, terrorising, murdering, theiving bollox’s. It’s what it really comes down to. Peace now has no benefits when Russia will rip up any agreement and come back at a later date to repeat their antics. Peace can’t work when Russia does not want peace. Even if your intentions are true, logical thought process should kick in and see it at it is, without I and others having to point it out to you.

My suggestion to end the war is for Putin to get his army out of Ukraine. The war could be over today if he did that. No one bar the Russians want bloodshed, and no one can stop it right now except them.

Russia could, and if they are willing to do that then great. If, being slightly more realistic, they aren't, some form of negotiations will have to begin sooner or later. I think sooner is better to avoid more bloodshed.

I never said Russia isn't the aggressor, that it didn't invade another country. Ideally this would never have happened.

If you want to believe that Ukraine has only lost 20 men or so then go ahead. Sadly its not the case.

If Ukrainans that fled to the west returned home to fight for their country,and even Ukrainians living abroad,i doubt very much you need to pull them off the street.

Just because a few didnt want to fight,doesnt mean everyone,does it

When you mobilize a countrys armed forces you are by law entitled to show up and fight,unless you have a very good reason.

Thats how conscription works

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

You wonder what led me to think those thoughts?

You're not much of a mind reader yourself

Their behaviour screams "devolved" to me

Furthermore, I've always associated the possession of a decently aligned moral compass with intelligence. So, stupid? - yes

Quote from Golda Meir " You cannot negotiate with people who are trying to kill you". Very true, and in this case, very apt!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Good thread here on the side history and issue of corruption in Ukr and their efforts to combat it over the past 7 or 8 years

• Advertisement

I have no idea of what his future plans are, whether he only wants Crimea and the Donbass, the whole of Ukraine, or to invade the whole of Europe. I'd imagine it's the first option but you'd really have to ask him yourself. And I agree, this war needs to end. I would prefer it to end with as few casualties as possible, hence why I would like negotiations ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement