Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 liaml04

Still nowhere bar GameStop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

PSVR Without Parole had an interesting discussion about this in a recent podcast.

What PSVR1 games would you want to see on PSVR2 (that haven't been announced yet)?

For me it's:

• Electronauts (easily one of the best experiences I've had in VR, and the haptics on the headset would increase the music atmos)
    • Skyrim (just to bring it up to the level of the PCVR version, and better controls)
    • Polybius (not sure if the visuals would be improved actually, since it does have quite basic graphics, but I'm sure it would look even better)
    • Resident Evil 4 (already on Quest, so at least the VR version is out there.. should be simple to port and with better graphics)
    • In Death

and never going to happen but we can always dream...

• Dreadhalls (was only released on PSVR as part of a compilation but still the scariest game I've played, though Wraith: The Oblivion comes close second as it did freak the feck out of me when I played it recently on Quest)
    • Here They Lie (superb game.. just the visuals were muck, but sharpened up it would be fantastic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

If I pre-order on Gamestop today will I get it on release day or am have their been pre-order phases? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Switchback delayed by a month

I've got so much on my backlog I'm thinking of holding out several months for one of those excellent packages that we saw with PSVR 1 where they tossed in several games.

I'll be following this forum with interest though.

Actually I'm going to dust off the PSVR and get cracking on Ace Combat 7 as I picked up a HOTAS recently and haven't had a chance to try it yet!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭jj880

Same boat as you here. If they announce a new Astro though......

Thumper in 4k 120hz VR. Lord above 😍.

I wonder will they let you jump off the ship this time around? I always wondered what it'd be like falling off the platform in Thumper :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Does anyone know, I preordered through Gamestop online and paid the €100 on the day, can I go in between now and launch day and pay it off or does the remainder come off my card when I collect?

Yeah fall off or when you S rank PLAY + you get to fly away.

Always wanted to get this before selling my PSVR but was a bit steep for a 2 hour experience. Down from 20 euro to 4 euro now though.

Apparently 1 of the best looking on PSVR:

• Advertisement

lol I guess I might finally take the plunge and buy it.. never wanted to pay the crazy money they were asking for :)

I've prebooked the horizon bundle, does anyone know if I need to have completed the other 2 games to understand what's going on?

Nah apparently not...I don't think the main characters feature prominently

Drums Rock. This looks super cool and apparently is PSVR2 launch title

https://youtu.be/CbMF5oQycBI

Should be easier got then?

Orders might pick up at Christmas if they do a megapack.

For anyone, like myself, who hasn't bought it before. Resident Evil Village is on sale on the store until the 15th for €19.99, for that price it's surely worth having for VR2 release day.

I might manage to play it more than I got from Resi 7 on the original VR, it scared the **** out of me and I couldn't play it!

Damn 🤩

In depth preview with a lot of features covered so if you dont want to know until you put on the headset maybe give this video a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I'd love to pre-order a set but with GameStop being the only option, I'd rather wait. They have screwed me over too many times to keep count of. Pre-ordered games arriving late, cancellations and in just in general being happy to take your money but being completely unreliable. I stroll into a GameStop on release day and pick one up if they have it, if not, I'll wait for Smyths or Amazon to stock them.

It really looks the business. A friend has a sim racing setup with 3 monitors and I reckon PSVR2 would be even better for a similar setup looking at the GT7 footage. I'm well jealous of those getting it at launch. I need a TV soon though so will be a Christmas purchase for me. Hopefully with some kind of bundle.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Love the envilonmetarry touches

Ah here! 🤣🤣🤣

I do like the box being re-used for storage.

That external IPD adjuster should be on all VR headsets. Seems such a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 liaml04

Any word on a cable extender? Reddit has differing opinions but nothing concrete.

Another 1-2 m would be brilliant

Announced that the Thumper PSVR2 upgrade is $5 if you own it on PSVR1. So I'm guessing that's €5 proper money

Good to see. Unlike Moss 2. I got it at launch for 40 euro on PSVR. Looking at the PSVR2 version they want 27 euro for it. Deary me. Was the best looking game I played on PSVR.

Walkabout Mini Golf confirmed

• Advertisement

Review embargo lifted for the headset and horizon, plenty of videos around so choose your poison and give it a watch.

Advertisement