Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I know where my Xmas bonus is going ;)

I get FromMe2You cards (thankfully) so Smyths it is for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Pistol Whip confirmed to be giving free upgrade to psvr2 version of the game if you own the psvr1 version. Be interesting to see how many others follow suit between now and February...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

So happy to see pistol whip and no man's sky getting a port.

I figured it would be 600ish with controllers included.

I will hopefully get to pre order in Smyth's

Here's hoping there is an Xmas bonus from work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Twas a bit more expensive than I was expecting. Not sure id be willing to pay that for a tethered headset.

Anyone heard anything about where you can preorder PSVR2 in Ireland? Suppose to be live on Tues 15 Nov. I'm guessing Smyths or Gamestop be the best bet but not seen anything confirming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

@JimBurnley GameStop have put up a pre-order coming soon section this evening.

God I'd rather not use them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Pre-Orders are live on GameStop since about 9:30 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ordered mine at 10:01 am, I taught the pre-order were for 10 am. The pre-orders on gamestop are still up. No big rush like with the PS5, which make sense as VR was always a smaller niche. Went for the Horizon bundle and the charger stations for the controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 liaml04

Any word on Smyths doing pre-orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I didn't want to use Gamestop but no sign of it on Smyths forced my hand unfortunately.

Paid €100 today and will pay the remainder on the release day.

• Advertisement

Looks unlikely, this is what they sent me today.....

Unfortunately, we do not have any info on pre-orders or any possible stocking information I'm afraid. 

However, should the decision be made to stock it, we will update our website accordingly so please do keep an eye out for any updates! 

Apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused by this. Should you require further assistance, please be sure to message us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 liaml04

****. Looks like it’s GameStop then. Hopefully won’t be waiting for weeks/months for delivery after release date. Heard some horror stories about ps5!

RE Village VR mode announced to be released day one for PSVR2. It will be free DLC if you own the game already

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/12/14/resident-evil-village-vr-mode-launches-february-22-for-ps-vr2-as-free-dlc/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Does anyone know if Smyths will have PSVR2 in stock when it releases? They don't seem to be taking pre-orders - thanks

Seem to be tonnes of PS5s suddenly in stock! I'm still going to hold off until the PSVR2 comes out, or reckon the the PS5s might go back out of stock later?

Debating digital vs disc. I think the last physical disc I bought was back around 2018, and I've never actually removed it from the PS4 since then. I never buy games new, and never sell them on.

I guess it depends on what comes with the PSVR2 headset. If a disc comes with it I guess I'll opt for disc version of the PS5 and that will then be the disc that never leaves it for the following 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭jj880

I think there'll be plenty of stock in the new year. Harvey Norman already have bundles available for January.

Its been debated at length a few times on here with a clear majority paying the extra to have the disk drive as it should pay for itself over the life of the console. Although I've had mine since launch and have a grand total of 3xPS5 games on disk so Im not convinced just yet.

3 x PS5 games is more than the entire number of physical games I bought for my PS4 since 2016 or whatever

I also don't play online, so won't get my account "banned" for spouting nazi propaganda ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Was in Smyths yesterday and they said they haven’t heard anything about stocking PSVR 2 in the future. It seems weird to me.

Whereas Gamestop are all over the shop with Pre-order ads and a date in Feb (22nd I think?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭jj880

Curious about the exclusives so far for psvr2. Obviously the non-exclusive games will run a lot better than on Quest 2 standalone.

Are there any other psvr2 exclusives so far besides Horizon Call Of The Mountain?

• Advertisement

Re8 will be psvr2 exclusive (afaik)

Gran Turismo too

I think I read Switchback is PSVR2 exclusive. Looking forward to it, Rush of Blood was good fun

Is it a direct sequel or just a similar sort of game made by completely different company?

Made by same company. It's based in the Dark Pictures universe whereas Rush of Blood was in Until Dawn universe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Gamestop sent an e-mail saying up to 50% extra trade credit for trading in a PS4 Pro.

Held my Pro after buying a PS5, partly as it was the desirable RDR2 bundle model that was very quiet.

Tempted to trade it in though, as it has been sitting there for a year, not even turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

How much are they offering for it do you know (with/without the bonus)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I was offered 240 with the bonus. 210 without.

My controller had no sticker on it (serial number) so that affected the total.

Offered to include an unopened controller i have, but the system still gave the above price.

Said i would call back in next Monday, as the offer was new.

I was hoping for 280-300 (with the 50% added bonus)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey decided to turn on the PSVR for the first time in months and tried to watch some YouTube Vr 360 videos. Doesn’t seem to work anymore just keeps freezing. Anyone know of a way of playing vr360 videos through the PS media player if they were downloaded. Quick google on line seems to suggest that google have stopped the YouTube VR version from working.

• Advertisement

oooh Tetris Effect with haptics... mmm

Advertisement