Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea really enjoyed Dynamite again, hopefully they can keep this streak up as the last few months have been a bit flat imo.

Best of 7 has been great, I was 100% convinced the Elite would win but like the cheating win and also good idea to make final few matches stipulations to help keep it fresh. Liking that Rey still isnt fully happy using the weapons, maybe he final uses the hammer in the ladder match but hits Pac by accident to allow The Elite to win??? Either way the ladder match should in insane.

MJF and Starks backstage promo's were great and helped add some fire to the match.

Agree Acclaimed vs Lethal/Jarrett is a massive step down from FTR even though I like lethal but JJ has no reason to be there.

Jungle Boy vs Cage another decent match, wasnt expecting Hook to make the save but could be interesting pairing, again agree with Morrissey walking away from him.

Jericho vs the jobber was great, tbf he was decent in the ring also getting the clean win was a shocker. I thought if he was to win it would be a roll up which they teased a few times. Maybe this could lead to Jericho going crazy with an eventual match between him and Garcia where he finally moves on from the JAS.

Womens match was alright, wasn't really watching it with full concentration but nice to see some more female rivalries being pushed.

Wonder what they are going to do with HOB, them vs BCC(Mox/Claudio/Wheeler) could be decent then maybe on to the Elite?

Hangmans promo was great and him vs Mox will eventually be a stomper.

Main Event was great and Starks is over, I hope they keep him looking strong but kept away from MJF for awhile. I'd love to see him be the one to take the title off him next year. MJF vs Danielson should be a good programme for both

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What does Mandy Rose go by when AEW sign her?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The fans during the Jericho match were superb

I laughed so much of the Jobber chants

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He was such a jobber they put Jericho's name up instead of his when he was being introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

Saw the Cassidy/Bunny etc spot on Reddit. Very good, I love the "They cheated!" Eddie spot.

Think Renee was exaggerating.

I was wondering why the ref would care about Penelope hitting Danhausen since he wasn't even in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yeah the crowd made it a special moment.

I wonder if the crowd were dead during it, would they have changed the finish on the fly and given Jericho the win?

Omega with a banger on Dark

Action for a lad only wrestling two years really has something about him.

SAP lol :) Wingmen, Trustbusters got to love these Dark teams.

Julia Hart really has something special that pure natural chrisma just radiates off her.

Satnan really is a huge man.

Jade Cargill is just stunning and now 44 - 0

Starks needs a title be it a AEW, ROH he just needs a belt around his waist.

Don't understand the point of making the Jade match a championship eliminator match. I seriously doubt her first loss will be in a non title match.

I remember when they made a big deal about who number 30 would be, then 40 was just a random Dark match. They'll probably make number 50 a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Yeh nice treat for the Dark heads to get a Kenny appearance, good little match too, decent showing for Hagane.

Andretti looked impressive again. The twelve man from Elevation the night previously was good as well.

Looking forward to tonight, Hayter/Shida and the No DQ Trios should be tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

These little trailers are so pointless. Promoting wrestlers that are obviously in the game for 30 seconds isn't going to sell any copies or get any hype, surely by now they have a release date or something worth talking about? Some of the animation looks wonky but it could still be a fun game.

I am actually looking forward to the Rick Ross angle with Swerve & Keith Lee the last time they had Rick Ross on he stole the episode.

FTR against the Ass Boys should be fun before FTR head off to drop the AAA titles on December 28th and the NJPW tiles on January 4th.

Of course Hayter vs. Shida & The Elite vs. Death Triangle will be awesome.

The strange thing about Omega on Fark is that it's his first singles match since November 2021, as they said. I guess wanted to just have smaller matches on Dark before having a match on Dynamite. Especially since he's in this series of trios matches.

Tony Kahn say they will be debuting new sets and a new look for Dynamite & Rampage starting January 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

AEW debuting a new set for Dynamite and a different one for Rampage starting at the Seattle show! Climate Pledge is an amazing arena despite the cringe name (it's called the Krakhouse locally which they hate 😅) Looking forward to seeing what they come up with. Will be at the Seattle Dynamite and the Portland Rampage/BOTB so hopefully they'll start the new year off with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭kksaints

Hope you weren't looking forward to the Swerve and Keith Lee stuff too much. That was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

People are definitely shredding that segment. I did like cinder block spot and Rick Ross calling Keith Lee a big mother was funny, for the reactions alone. Not sure me or anyone knew who the non Parker guy was. Feels like an unnecessary wrinkle to the feud but the Swerve/Lee feud has been a bit of a mess in general.

Women's main was excellent. Are they really going to have Death Triangle blow their lead? In general it was a pretty good episode albeit not as good as the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Cotts72

So they've put swerve into a bootleg hit row 2.0 with 2 jobbers. The goetzman chap has some shocking tatts and essentially looks like 2022s version of raven 😂

• Advertisement

Starks nearly had Jericho break with the "You're dressed like a single father on his fifth divorce." line.

Jobber Appreciation Society :)

Great to see Starks open the show and leave is his segment standing tall with Action.

Death Triangle vs. The Elite was again six of the best doing what they do at a top level, I am again loving Rey being the good guy trying to stop Penta doing the beat down after the match.

Mox must be the hardest working main event guy in the world not sure if he really needed a match against Darius unless it leads to something else down the road a bit.

FTR losing plays into the hard year they have had having 5 star matches all year with their bodies breaking down. FTR heading off now to AAA & NJPW for the next two weeks to drop the last two titles. Hopefully 2023 will be their AEW run as World Tag Team Champs. I think Punk's meltdown really hurt FTR as much as anyone as I think they would have been his partners going forward to bring them into the Trios picture.

The whole Keith Lee, Swerve, Rick Ross bit was a car wreck where they all seemed to miss their marks.

Hayter vs. Shida was just a complete banger and one hell of match and a great main event to close the show with.

More of these womens matches now that the wrestling talent is there to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think FTR will be WWE world champions before they're AEW champions again.

Interview with AEW's new Senior Vice President & Co-Executive Producer.

That is some bloody schedule he had.

"I got to a certain point in my career there where I wasn't really being developed any further. My schedule was pretty wild, those last six months before I left. Do Raw on Mondays, Tuesday I would fly from anywhere to LA to do Backstage, take a red eye to Orlando on Tuesday nights, sleep on the plane, go do NXT, which at that point had gone live on USA, work office hours on Thursday, fly back to New York with Triple H on Wednesday night, Thursday is office hours and prepping for everything on Friday with SmackDown, Saturday maybe a down day, and Sunday it seemed like we had a pay-per-view every week. It was a lot. I didn't mind it, but I mean more so in terms of my professional development. It was always inferred, and maybe at some point maybe even formalized that should anything happen if he decided to retire, I was going to be the successor to Kevin Dunn on the TV side. I, at that point, was self-aware enough to know that I couldn't do it. Not in the sense that I couldn't do the shows, I could do Raw and SmackDown in my sleep, pay-per-views, no problem. I could do it, but more so the business end, the non-TV side of what that role is. There is more to what Kevin does than just sit in a truck and line produce Raw, SmackDown, whatever it is. I had grown tired of hearing, 'We can't figure out what to do with you until we know what Kevin's future is.' My review was always, 'You're doing a great job, you're killing it, we don't really know what to do until we get an understanding of what Kevin's future is,'" recalled Mansury. "I knew there was more I was capable of, but I had already excelled in everything they had allowed me to do. I was looking for that new challenge, even if it was something outside of the scope of what people would define as my potential, it would have been nice to be able to spread my wings a little and take on a new challenge. Once I realized I was in the lane that I was in and the path to the destination wasn't going to change, or even progress that much, I knew it was time to make a change.........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I honestly don't know if I could even come up with a salary that would effectively force me to give up my entire life,

"Saturday might be a down day"

They've balanced that out now, with Saturday PLEs.

How on earth could someone with a family make that kind of a schedule work? Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Remember when Parker Boudreaux was being touted as the next Brock Lesnar?

I can't tell if Lee is going bald in a very unflattering way or he's in the middle of getting hair plugs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dave telling porkies again. Miro getting damaged by his “journalism” this time.

Advertisement