Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'd be surprised if she signed for AEW on any kind of long term basis. Could see her doing some appearances in Japan definitely. But HHH will be wanting her back in WWE and she always seemed to be close to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have seen AJ mentioned as well. Or they could do something really crazy and unexpected and give the spot to one of their existing talent.

As in CM Punk's wife AJ?! I definitely don't see that happening. It might be Thunder Rosa returning if she hasn't fallen out with them permanently.

Yeah. Think may have just been fan wishes or speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Agreed. She could be an asset to the AEW Women's Divison and maybe help in elevating it but at the moment I'm more interested in Jamie Hayter and don't want to see Jamie become an afterthought because Sasha made her debut. Although I've heard a lot of people talking about the idea of seeing Sasha face Jade for the TBS Women's Championship instead so maybe that would be the course for her if she were to debut for AEW.

• Advertisement

But only if Jade wins.

I'd LOL if Jade beat her in a couple of minutes. No way would Sasha agree to that. I did notice Jade was hanging out with the former Naomi at a basketball game the other day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I don't care who beats Jade at this point as long as it's soon because the title reign and undefeated streak is so 'midcard' and boring at this point for me. There's no momentum there anymore, it's just short, average to bad matches with no real heat and no future since she isn't improving in-ring.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Poor Miro can’t catch a break. Not just WWE that don’t know how to use him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Read a report saying that actually creative had an idea for him but he refused it point blank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can't work out why Miro isn't in the TBS picture - imagine him, Joe, Wardlow and maybe Hobbs or Lance Archer - stick with the "big beefy men slapping man-meat" bit and have some monsters doing monstrous things to each other :D

Sasha to NJPW is interesting. Broadly agree with the above comments suggesting that it's bad timing to bring her in now as it'll take all the shine off both Saraya and Jamie Hayter.

Starks and MJF was great, one wonders how much MJF was asked to keep his side of things more sedate to let Ricky get the verbal win? I don't deny Starks cuts a great promo, this one, in particular, was fire, but the story would've fallen a bit flat on its arse if it hadn't been :D

Wasn't sure if he was actually released from WWE so was surprised to see Trent.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MJF on his way to UFC 282 tonight to take his Twitter fued with Paddy the Baddy to real world.

Nice bit of a crossover publicity there for the AEW World Champion.

The Twitter meltdown will be class when it turns out Saraya partner is Trinity not Mercedes 😂

Seeing it reported that AEW could be helping NJPW pay the fees Mercedes is wanting to appear as it was even above the money the WWE refiused to pay her.

Am I the only one who doesn't get the love for Sasha?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very good wrestler, find nothing else special about her. Annoying on promos.

I liked her when she was in NXT and in the early days on the main roster. But her personality is offputting.

AEW signed the man who was lined up to replace Kevin Dunn under HHH

He was WWE's Vice Chairman of Global Television Production, He was also the Executive Producer for Pat McAfee 

This follows on from the signing of WWE's Senior Vice President of Live Events Jeff Jarrett.

Looks like a smart signing on the face of it. The more experienced producers, who are not active wrestlers, that they have in senior off screen roles the better for them in the long run.

Another great match between Death Triangle & The Elite.

Some damn fine storytelling going on in this.

Loving the whole Rey doesn’t want to cheat that will lead to a split in Death Triangle.

No DQ next week.

• Advertisement

Oh I think I like where this could go with Jericho losing to a jobber.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Best Dynamite in a long time so far, Jericho could make anyone. Brilliant moment

This crowd sound like a peak post WrestleMania raw crowd

Hangman concussion promo was great not remembering his sons name.

Hangman really the ultimate babyface chaser.

I hope if he gets as hot as he did first time round he takes it with both hands.

Best of 7 final matches stipulations

Match 5 No DQ

Match 6 if needed Falls count anywhere

Match 7 where we all know it’s going will be a ladder match.

MJF was never losing however Starks is over like Rover.

Now it looks like the American Dragon MJF’s opponent.

Teaming Jungle Boy & Hook together is a smart move I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Why the **** is Big Bill hightailing it away from a kid. Embarrassing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah that did seem a bit over the top. Like I get they want to make Hook out to be a badass, but they could have had him enter the ring and square up to Bill and make it look like neither man is willing to back down, but Bill's manager gets him to leave and Bill reluctantly walks away.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Great episode. I fully agree with Riddle's suggestion for Hook and Bill, he's a big giant, and he shouldn't be worried about facing anyone.

Starks and MJF had a very good match, screwy ending works and keeps everyone looking the way they should. Danielson as his next opponent could be quite fun.

Hangman killed it with the concussion promo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Loved the jobber misdirection. Hangman promo was nice and emotional. Main event was great, now please don't forget about Ricky Starks.

On the other hand, can't believe they're teasing a feud between the Acclaimed and Jeff Jarrett, woof!

Advertisement