Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least they finally dropped the "interim" part of the women's title.

I missed the mention on the show but just read that Toni's reign will retroactively have the "interim" removed as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod hat on

Cut this out, now. You’ve wandered into the thread and seem more interested in picking personal fights with posters than with actually discussing the product. Stop this line of discussion, or it will be a thread ban pretty quick.

Cleaning up the last few posts with some deletions of stupid, childish bickering.

EDIT: and in case it’s not obvious, don’t try and get into fights with a mod with replies.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming….

Post edited by Lord TSC on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That Trio's match had me in stitches

The trolling chef's kiss

• Advertisement

You know I absolutely adore the commentary team on AEW, they always make me laugh

Case in point Tazz being confused on how can Daddy S scissor Daddy S

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Loved it, funny seeing people get worked up about it!

Nice to see Starks get the win too. Another very enjoyable Dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't mind Kenny because he can back it up when not getting dragged down by such "funny" antics, but the Bucks are the epitomy of taking very little and making it somehow.

Yes I've been absolutely triggered, don't give a ****.

And the turn finally happens. Was wondering if they would go as far as attacking -1, but knew they wouldn't.

I missed it happening but there were reports of Dante Martin possibly being injured in the match but Anthony Bowens tweeted yesterday that he's okay. He did seem to be laying down a lot unless he was needed up.

Was Claudio seriously getting "What?" shouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think actually attacking a child on television would probably not be well received. Even though I'm sure Brodie Jr himself would have been well up for it.

• Advertisement

Andrade tore his pec a few months back and had the same surgery as Cody so he is going to be out for at least 9 months guessing that explains why he hasn't been on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So does that mean the suspension isn't real and the backstage altercation between him and Sammy wasn't true?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Maybe he tore it swinging for Sammy, or Sammy is a world class shooter who twisted it like a pretzel till he heard it rip.

Elevation this week had Don Callis seemingly scouting Takeshita.

I was expecting it. Now will he be used? Tony needs to sit down and figure out how to use all the guys he has signed.

On another note I was randomly thinking about when AEW started and they had a list of things they would go by in the company. But trying to remember what they are and if they've stuck to them.

I know one was about no invisible cameras like in WWE when people are talking Backstage as if there are no cameras watching them. I think they've stuck with that.

Another was that wins and losses and rankings matter. Think it's safe to say they haven't stuck with that. Only time they really matter is in title matches or the tournaments or Battle Royals.

What were the other rules they had?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MJF is just pure gold, Jesus AEW creative move fast

Dax is having one hell of a 2022 in singles matches as well as being one half of the best tag team in the world he has come a long way from having his back shaved on TV.

Death Triangle vs. The Elite are just 6 of the best doing what they do at such a high level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dax is having one hell of a 2022 in singles matches

Doesn't he lose every single one? Pointless spectacle.

The Regal/MJF stuff is scatter-brained. Heel turn on PPV to join together, that's fine. Then MJF isn't even on the post-PPV dynamite, just Regal saying he'll be here next week. Then another turn the next week.

It's combining the worst WWE habit of "Tune in next week for the stuff you actually want to see!" and TNA's turn/turn/turn booking.

Willow seems really over going by the reaction she gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Regals contract expiring imminently and rumours he is going to go back to wwe which would explain last nights events.

Ambulance pulls into WWE backstage and Regal and Bryan get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It is in keeping with his character for MJF to get rid of Regal after he has no more use for him, and to still have resentment towards him though. He wasn't on Dynamite because they had to work around his filming schedule. It was better to wait a week for a live promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not gonna argue with a lot of what you've said (agree that Dax outside of AEW perhaps has had a great year) but the whole REAL Pro wrestling thing is such nonsense. It's a total marketing gimmick from AEW that so many people fall hook line and sinker for it that just leads to an endless string of No True Scotsman arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,021 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod note

two posts deleted, one poster warned. The bickering is just ultra childish. I’m not sure how much more often I’m going to keep saying “stop being immature children bitching at each other” before I just start handing out bans with zero tolerance, for initiators or responders….

I could just watch The Elite v Death Triangle forever

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

At least people watched Dax getting his back shaved on tv. Dynamite with a stinker of a rating this week.

Not the best start for MJF’s title reign or The Elite comeback. Was Punk the main draw after all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What's Regal's status? I'm reading conflicting reports that he has (a) signed a three-year deal, but that (b) he will soon return to WWE?

Advertisement