Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Just got a mail about a subscription, haven't really been watching much but thats a bit of a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope Anna's okay after that powerbomb.

Sting coming down after Darby wins setting something up?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Willow vs Toni, Darby vs kushida announced for dynamite next week

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea definitely feel something is brewing probably leading up to stings last match?

So the heel turn was by Toni and Saraya rather than Shida turning on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It had been set up this way, when Saraya literally tuned her back on Shida, after picking Toni out as "the Best Women's Wrestler in the world", in the interview with Renee.

I wonder if this is how Mercedes comes in now, two girls turn on Shida for costing them the match with Britt / Jamie, former Sasha to make the save, teaming with Hikaru

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

what’s happening with AEW’s attendance? That video is fairly damning

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Petermc83

Tony must be tanking money! Where do they earn ? Tv deals I suppose..

Just having a look at Dynamite again and if that's the case, they must just send everyone to the side the camera's facing. Wonder how long it's been like that. Though it is January and the Wednesday after Blue Monday, so maybe people are broke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nick Khan did only say about AEW recently it’s easy to run a wrestling promotion when you’re losing money. Either he meant that or not or was just a cheap dig is another thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Shows in Seattle, LA and Portland were packed enough. New market perhaps but it does look bad alright. Things are tightening hard here in the US, inflation is increasing and spending is slowing. Massive week for tech layoffs here in Seattle too with thousands of jobs gone - I can see it in the hockey games here too that it's emptier than last year even though the team is doing much better.

I do wonder about revenue streams for them, I've been following the figures and trading cards and the arse has fallen out of both markets for them specifically while WWE seems hot still. Target also looking to get out of stocking AEW figures too I'm told, Smyths doing that at the moment also. The video game should be interesting when it comes out to see how it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder will they do a TV taping in the UK (The O2 or Wembley Arena) in the Autumn of this year and then Craven Cottage next summer

Are they on the 'House Show' circut yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

They've said they're doing a show in London this year, so I have to imagine it will be a TV taping as they haven't started up House Shows yet. Guessing the response to this show will determine future events. I do wonder if WWE announcing MITB will be in the O2 has queered the deal for them a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Briscoe/Lethal set for Dynamite tomorrow

Lol Meltzer only said that WBD didn't want Mark Briscoe on TV, pretty big L for Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Dave Meltzer getting something wrong? I'm shocked, shocked, well not that shocked.

Wonder how Tony managed to convince WBD to allow Mark to appear/will it be a recurring thing? Or a strictly 1 off appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Nice. That'll be an emotional one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm so happy

No doubt ill be holding back the tears

Peter Avalon's hair magically grew back for Dark this week. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was annoyed this morning, woke up early thinking ill get Dynamite playing and jumped into Fite.TV and notice it's not Thursday arggggg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Decent enough show. Nice video tribute to Jay and Mark got a great reception. Danielson / Cage was enjoyable, solid build to the iron man match and how that will play out. Darby vs Joe no holds barred next week should be a good match. Family therapy was a total waste of a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah the Jay stuff was emotional. Kept thinking of his poor family and those two girls in the hospital.

Seems like AEW are going to DAZN in most of Europe. Ireland and England are not mentioned but people are speculating that once the Fite deal is up it will go to DAZN here too based on them discontinuing the annual subscription option.

Anyone have experience with DAZN? Saw people on Reddit saying this is a worse service but have no experience personally.

Is Miro still with AEW?

Yep. Apparently Creative have nothing for him.

Looking at his his profile and his last match was September. Apart from that he only had 3 other matches in 2022, in June.

Maybe he needs to join an existing or set up a new faction since they get a lot of the tv time.

Jesus and I thought WWE creative screwed him bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Reports when he wasn't being used last year were that he was turning down what they offered him, not that they had nothing for him.

Hard to imagine he’d turn anything down after he agreed to the Lana Lashley angle in wwe.

Well what they've done with him so far has been pretty crap anyway. from the Best Man to the Redeemer. They gave him the title, okay, but I'm not a fan of any of these rambly characters like Wyatt, Miro or even Malakai Black. This is part of the problem of giving them control over their character, which I believe was a selling point for AEW.

If he's turning stuff down then would think there should be some sort of thing in place where they cut his pay after a certain number of rejections. And I'm sure that's not entirely true since I'm sure at this point Tony and/or the team would've sat down with him to find something. So at this point Miro must be partially to blame and not entirely AEW's fault.

Anyway, for this week's Rampage, at last Emi Sakura actually appears on a non youtube show. And with Mei Suruga who seems to only turn up occasionally. Would want to think when they get these part-timers that they would use them in a role that isn't just accompanying someone to the ring. I guess can't do too much with them if they're not going to be sticking around for a long term program.

Strange, looking at Mei's matches and she's only had 6 for AEW, with only 1 singles which was the tournament in Japan. I was sure she had more than that.

So Top Flight and AR Fox challenging for the Trios titles.

I thought Red Velvet is taller than she looked in that backstage interview. Like closer to Jade's height than Kiera's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Advertisement