Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

Sunday 20th Nov

Cork - Soft

3.25 KILDORRERY 13/2

Punchestown - Yielding

11.45 BLAST OF KOEMAN 20/1

12.55 FARCEUR DU LARGE 9/1 NAP

3.15 LONGHOUSE POET 12/1

Uttoxeter - Soft - good to soft in places

1.58 CROAGH PATRICK 5/2 , DISCKO DES PLAGES 11/1

most of these have got pretty good place claims imo,, have gone with 20 EW dbles with the above as well as ew singles

😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Well spotted, we'll stick her into the notebook, together with Smile And Pay.

😁 thankee j@utis

Well spotted, we stick her into the notebook, together with Smile And Pay.

"Well spotted" coz me backee hehe 😂

edit

EDIT to include "PS"

PS j , if ya clock her name in yer alerts (i don't subscribe to any meself 😴) might ya kindly consider givin us a "heads-up" there love - when nxt t'filly is due out 😋 #allthingsconsideredthatis ; hard to keep tab on everythink loike ☺️☺️

No racing* tomorrow... :very sad face:

*flat racing.

no on Monday or Tuesday neither it seems 😁 :very sad face:² 😝

• Advertisement

f...k! no flat racing for a week! what am I gonna do???

flick yourself off 😁 thru your notebook missus , with beasts ya has in it,, so ya'll better remember em - with view towards puttin em up here 😊 🙆

Monday 21 Nov

look ahead to Monday

had look at one race

Ludlow - Good-good to soft in places

open looking Class5 Novices' H'cap Chase,, top three in betting look like they can definitely go close, but hard to pick a winner. URANUS DES BORDES is interesting here i feel,, very lightly raced with only four career runs in total, with three of those being hurdling ones,, aint done much so far formwise, and has a tendency towards error and being a moderate leaper overall,, has never fallen tho 😃 made similar errors on his chasing bow, when pulled up at Huntingdon lto,,

looks well-bred, and must be expected to go well at this game, as has had only the 3 career hurdling outings to date,, if chasing is the game, perhaps improvement learned/gained from his lto run; as well as the ~3m distance of this race perhaps making for a somewhat slower pace than his most recent run, and thereby help him get into early rhythm - one hopes 😄

went very close on his first ever run, when coming 2nd over 2m at Huntingdon last February,, was on soft ground, so perhaps the slower pace helped then with his hurdling,, so a 'plus' there , but also a negative perhaps, as maybe something he learned that day lead him to becoming a poorer jumper 🙂

just an early thought for t'future ats 🤣 maybn't back yet, and looks as one who's price be hard to predict come t'off, but if he's available at the 20s quoted in ye probable sp, then will likely back the Bridgewater 6yo each way

:)

Tomorrow 21 Nov

Kempton

Good to soft-soft in places

@Sweet Talkin Romeo's very hopeful Ye Each Waye Outsider

GAVROCHE D'ALLIER 80/1 EW

reasons: was still in contention in a soft ground ptp ~2/3's of the race in,, came 3rd in a 2m Hurdle Maiden lto,, was close to pace that day, and if (big if) horse can lie up (looks like a few prominent/frontrunner types) with early pace, then we'll hope Milton's 6yo can tuff it out on t'soft ground,, will hope he runs close to pace anyroad :)

no real fancies in this race,, hard not to see Blow Your Wad go close, but is very short @ ~4/5, and his 2nd on his hurdles' bow came on good ground

gl

3.25 Kempton

AMERICAN GERRY 11/4 WIN NB

CD lto on good ground,, acts well enough on soft also,, hoping he'll be just the best horse in the race,, should be fav imo

g'l

• Advertisement

me 'hopeful each way outsider'

Southwell - Good-good to soft in places

REALMS OF FIRE 40/1 EW

CD winner on good ground is ye angle here,, well out of form tho, plus has ye absence to contend with

:)

Limerick - Soft

FAMOUS AGENT 10/1 EW , ANOTHER BONNIE 20/1 EW

Wednesday 23 Nov

Wetherby - Soft-heavy in places

PARLIAMENT HILL ~3/1 WIN

looks a bitta value @ ye 3 to 1 probable sp,, should be closer to 7 to 4 imo,, looks about a 2 to one shot to me here,, has benefit of the one chase outing and the 4yo has acquitted hisself well over ye smaller obstacles in four hurdles' races he's ran in,,, soft/heavy ground a bit of a worry tho,, nothing obvious in this to beat on form imo

Wednesday

Dundalk

some hairly pix :)~ narys a strong fancy amongst 'em

2.00 ROCKY DREAMS ~6/1 EW , SKONTONOVSKI ~12/1 EW

3.00 DOCTOR GRACE ~16/1 EW

3.30 MISS MOLLY T ~12/1 EW , FORM OF PRAISE ~16/1 EW

4.00 SENOR CARROTS ~12/1 EW

mebbe €1 each way on em all if no further inspiree 😊 wid na be surprised if only one of em places 😃 #2muchcrookreedissideo't'pond

2.05 Southwell

PRINCESS PRIYA 100/1 EW

12.25 Sedgefield

LORD CAPRIO 5/1 WIN

g'luck

2.25 Sedgefield

WEDDING STRESS 100/1 EW

Thursday 24 Novembre

Lingfield - Soft-good to soft in places on chase course

had a luuk y'day and going were "Soft-heavy in places",, must've improved a tad since,,

anyroad,,

SHOT BOII ~8/11,, only one i looked at, and he got bogged down before (three runs back) on soft/heavy going over CD; going don't appear as bad tomorrow, and he did win on soft/heavy lto - when making all. Atm will consider for lay here if a similar price tomorrow,, if i cannae find one tae beat him, then i may leave us lay off

WALK IN THE WILD ~5/4,, Like Shot Boii, i figured the possible Soft/heavy going would be a question mark against chances of Gary Moore's 6yo,, doesn't look to have much to beat tho,, Horse won at a massive price lto, and on his first ever run for Gary,, that was over 2.5m, and he is dropping down in trip to 2m tomoro,, We'll keep eye on going, luuk at rest of em, and try find a lay for 2/3 plcs angle here,,

Thurles - Yielding

IL ETAIT TEMPS ~2/5,, Willie's 4yo grey could well be best of these here,,, has only had the three career runs - all three in hurdles' races, and all being Grade 1's ,, has never won any tho!,, if he had a rating, likely it'd be a lot higher than owt else's here, but the lack of a win makes him look fair short,, consider for win + place lays

three shorties there that may be vulnerable

them's me thoughts :)

12.25 Lingfield

SHOT BOII ~8/11,, only one i looked at, and he got bogged down before (three runs back) on soft/heavy going over CD; going don't appear as bad tomorrow, and he did win on soft/heavy lto - when making all. Atm will consider for lay here if a similar price tomorrow,, if i cannae find one tae beat him, then i may leave us lay off

SHOT BOII 11/10

has won two out of his last 4 races - both had soft in the description, so ground shouldn't be a worry here for favourite fans,, I aint a fan of this fav tho,, was a well supported winning fav lto when prevailing over C&D - that was a 6 runner race where the horse made all

his first win came in his first h'cap run, which were at Ffos Las in Feb, over an almost identical trip - that were 13 runner affair, and he was sent off at 8s, so not a lot must've been expected that day,,

anyroad, it's compare & contrast is angle here,, both the races he's won have come in races ran in slow times for the prevailing conditions,, he flopped when going off as fav after his maiden win; which came on heavy going, so perhaps he don't want it too soft methink,, he only managed to come 4th at Wetherby on his penultimate outing, which was on decent ground [gd to soft - good in plcs] in his March Wetherby run,, be softer tomorrow (today now 😊) , but anyhow, race was ran a couple or three seconds faster than average,,

I think he's deffo fav to lead - which should suit; but if something takes him on, or he don't get to lead, then i can quite possibly see him finish out of the places,, don't look the strongest of fields, but something beats him, i think 😃

Looks about a 7/4 shot to me here, and i've chanced offering lay up @ 6/5ish, 2 place lay @ ~4/7 nd 3 place lay @ ~4/11

may not be taken them prices, but one never knows - money may well come for jolly as none of his 7challengers appear to hold obvious claims in this,, can't rule many in or out, but most have the form to go close

3.35 Lingfield

WALK IN THE WILD ~5/4,, Like Shot Boii, i figured the possible Soft/heavy going would be a question mark against chances of Gary Moore's 6yo,, doesn't look to have much to beat tho,, Horse won at a massive price lto, and on his first ever run for Gary,, that was over 2.5m, and he is dropping down in trip to 2m tomoro,, We'll keep eye on going, luuk at rest of em, and try find a lay for 2/3 plcs angle here,,

WALK IN THE WILD Evs

Just the one run thus far for his new trainer Gary Moore,, was a massive drifter when winning at the course ~2wks ago, when t'odds o' reward were a huge 28/1 - tho not surprising based on previous runs for his last trainer (still same owners tho - that's always an angle to consider as well imo) ,, on 'minus' side, ground were close to good on that day he won at t'course [supposed to be a lot softer later on] and he also races over a full half-mile shorter than his 8th Nov run,,

that run, however, was his first time running o'er t'larger obstacles, and, as well as that, it seems Gaz has eked massive improvement oot this beast,, not one for risking mortgage on [either win or lay] but i've chanced putting up a lay @ ~6/5 , 2-place lay @ ~8/15 & 3-plce lay @ ~1/4

maybe they'll be taken, maybe they won't 🤣

in same race i've gone for an @Sweet Talkin Romeo's each way outsider in CLONDAW ROBIN 50/1 EW,, Clondaw Robin is gone from Zoe Davison to Andy Irvine, but is still in t'ownership o' T'Plum Merchants,, four runs for Andy, and yet to win with him, with a decent looking 3rd at Plumpton in March '21 looking like his best form shown, in close on two yrs in t'Irvine stable,, On plus side, he's had a recent (albeit poor) outing - after a fair absence; but he can go well at the Lingfield 2mile trip with soft/heavy ground underhoof,,, just the two places, and 50/1 luuks reasonable enuf to me

Thurles - Yielding

IL ETAIT TEMPS ~2/5,, Willie's 4yo grey could well be best of these here,,, has only had the three career runs - all three in hurdles' races, and all being Grade 1's ,, has never won any tho!,, if he had a rating, likely it'd be a lot higher than owt else's here, but the lack of a win makes him look fair short,, consider for win + place lays

IL ETAIT TEMPS ~1/3haven't looked at any of the other runners, but 1/3 for a horse yet to win (regardless of the race/s quality) looks very short,, none of them races was ran in particularly fast times neither - not that 'times' per se are great metric; anyroad, have done win lay @ ~4/9, and offered up 3/4 plce lays @ ~1/8 & ~1/25

Say 2 ☺️

3.40 Thurles

NUCKY JOHNSON 9/2 WIN NAP (or each way - if worried ahboot jolly; i isn't ☺️)

three runs, with the latest taking place o'er sticks on heavy; was his first run over obstacles, and he can boast a win and a third placed possy from his 2 Bumper outings - both dem on good/goodish going,, can't ask for a heck of a lot more formwise for a Maiden Hurdle contendere,,

shouldn't mind (going on his recentest run) if the going gets a bit softer either, imho,, have only looked at the two (fav also) horses here, but i think Nucky Johnson goes off at 3s, or shorter even,, is almost an each way bet to nothing atm - highly unlikely he won't considerably shorten, esp seeing as the current third and fourth (just had a look at rest o' field there now) favs don't look owt special, at all at all

in same race, and for smaller stakes, i've gone with four 😲 each way for shrapnell selecztioohs 😊

KING ARTHURS SWORD 40/1 EW , DRACO PULCHRAC 33/1 EW , HELISONE 16/1 EW , & a v v v speculative one in WEE JERRY 250/1 EW

gl :)

• Advertisement

no good today; all three 'lay' picks won, fekkit anyroad - Nucky pulled from Maiden scuppered us chances o' making any kinda profit 2day :(

Wolves 6:25 Porfin is out again, he's appearantly my fav horse but I don't know anything about it... He might get closer if he's in better mood that lto but the issue is class 5 that he hasn't aced yet, has recorded only 2 places out of 14 runs... the other two suggested by my notebook - Lilkian (still too high in weights imo) and Ahlawi (that'd be my pick but the price has halved since opening).

I got on the short priced Ahlawi at the end. Winnah is winnah, so not complaining too much.

Rattling rattled in today again but you said too many bad things about her rider last time, so I decided against it today and lost out, ghhrhrr...😫

RIP Romeo and fare thee well mate 🤣

When you was good , you was (in my absence, granted 😊 ) number farkin 1 !!

Poor STR - he weren't "woke" enuf for hyah 😓😒

Rattling rattled in today again but you said too many bad things about her rider last time, so I decided against it today and lost out, ghhrhrr...😫

hhmm 😏 ,, STR tells me he half fancied that Rattling today missus

think he said summat like (in that post I presume you is on about, and is below quoted):

mebbe on t'Tapeta surface would Hannon's filly have more'n a squeak,

that 6,30 is awkward looking race, and inexperienced jockey Alexander Voikhansky is more than enuf to put me off Rattling in 7o'c, in what looks like a very competitive Class5,, mebbe on t'Tapeta surface would Hannon's filly have more'n a squeak, but Rattling aint shown much when ran on the Poly (at Kempton) or on turf

shame on ya ya wench for disrespecting a former stellar poster who's no on hyah to defend hisself,, he were on about a different race/different day (and he were no wrong) Plus, he would've give Rattling a chance on t'Tapeta surface (which Chelly dinna ha'e , but @yeWolvese does have said surface) which he also mentioned (as quoted above)

#somethingsjustneedtabesaid 😊

I know ya miss him j@u , as do I. I think your grief just come out in uncharacteristic manner, and when he (and KR too) is righteously reinstated on here, then he shall bear you no bad tidings (as he mentioned to me in a recent teta tet) :)

I have enjoyed both of their opinions/ruminations etc on here. Alas, until two o' us mates is brought back, then me'll be too distraught to post much, if indeed at all, on here

😓

You should've screamed off the top the mountains to get on that Rattling last night, instead of blaming others, very poor attitude to keeping notes on your side.

Back to business now. Is Borgi that strong in Lingers 2:20? Tequila...bird is owing me two points, I don't want to miss the payback time, I'll probably play in no fav market.

There was no need for that, but 10/3 isn't too bad either.

Hey, how's the punting going?

No. 4 for me in the first in Wolves today.

• Advertisement

2nditis strikes again, 2nds yesterday.

I spent some time looking at Newcastle cards, just for the races to be called off.

4:50 Wolves, Abbey Heights for me today.

Advertisement