Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2022

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,849 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Tuesday, the Forum, Bath - the Australian Pink Floyd Show

Wednesday, Manchester Arena, Blue Oyster Cult

who were supporting Deep Purple

Over 303 years between these 4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Needs more cowbell

• Registered Users Posts: 38,072 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feeling empty atm but very soon I'll be back. Tough pil to shallow seeing Lindsey Buckingham kicking off his US tour

8th Nov- Biffy Clyro 3Arena

17th Nov- Ireland vs Norway (supposed its a event)

1st Dec- The Cure 3Arena

8th Dec- Alter Bridge 3Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've started buying tickets for '23. Only two so far. Stendhal Festival which I bought on the early bird offer for half price and Stiff Little Fingers in The Barrowlands in Glasgow on St. Patrick's Day. I've always wanted to go to the Barrowlands for a gig ever since I was a youngster but at last, the stars have aligned.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Barrowlands is a ridiculously good venue, the rumours are true, the floor bounces, equal parts amazing and terrifying.

• Advertisement

I've been to a few venues in the past with sprung floors. It's a bit mad 😁

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sp00k

Anyone at Robbie Williams last night? What time was he on stage and who was the support act?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

He went on just after 9. He put on a great show in fairness to him. Support act was some Aussie DJ crowd called Lufthaas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I think I'll go tonight. He wouldn't be on my wish-list. But I was looking at the setlist, and I reckon I know a good 75% of the songs, from all the hits that he had, and the few covers that he plays. Will be a good nights entertainment.

• Advertisement

Ya. Crazy stuff. But I got offered a ticket yesterday evening for €30 but couldn't go. I'll go in search of a cheap ticket later on. Won't pay more than €40. I wouldn't be that famialiar with the tunes. I did look on ticketmaster out of curiousity - saw tickets around €150!!! for normal seating tickets. Some price.

I was having a look there to see what's on between now and Christmas, that I'd like to make. I'm sure I won't get to them all. But it makes a nice little list.

The Cure

Fontaines DC

Placebo

Sigur Ros

Pavement

Frank and Walters

Alter Bridge

Christy Moore

Bell X1

Gilla Band

Grant Lee Philips

Nightwish

Rod Stewart and Scooter could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Tickets bought for:

Godflesh

Bdrmm

Working Mens Club

Wet Leg

The Cure

Enola Gay

Gilla Band

Intending to also attend:

Divide & Dissolve

Dub Pistols

Michael Gira

Bob Vylan or The Bug Club (same night, undecided yet)

Post edited by Dreamweapon on

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I've eight gigs between now and the end of the year. It would have been nine, but Clannad was moved from December to February. I've three in a row next week. In terms of the number of shows, November is the new June.

07-11-22 Bob Dylan, 3 Arena

08-11-22 Biffy Clyro, 3Arena

09-11-22 Belle and Sebastian, Olympia

17-11-22 Sigur Rós, 3Arena

19-11-22 Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, Olympia

23-11-22 Ricky Ross, The Sugar Club

28-11-22 Wet Leg, Academy

01-12-22 The Cure, 3Arena

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Amyl & the Sniffers Tuesday were great fun

Tedeschi Trucks Band last night were topnotch. What a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

I've four gigs between now and the end of the year - possibly five if I decide to go to Big Country in The Button Factory in December

Nov 18th - Opeth - Hammersmith Apollo, London

Nov 19th - Opeth - Tivoli Vredenburg, Utrecht

Nov 20th - Opeth - Tivoli Vredenburg, Utrecht

Dec 10th - The Dead Daisies - The Academy Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Great gig last night, Susan & Derek were incredible backed up by a fantastic band. They got a fantastic response from the crowd and as Susan said at the end they will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭dasdog

Really enjoyed Amyl & The Sniffers - their short outdoor set at Marlay didn't do them any justice. Final four of the year:

Perturbator

The Cure

Fontaines

Gilla Band

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭fuse

Really enjoyed it too although sound wasn't the best (from the balcony).

Two kits was not necessary (appreciate they do it for historical reasons) and the bass player was absolutely non-existent!

I enjoyed them up to a point. Around the 40-45 minute mark i'd had enough. She's a fantastic frontwoman but remove her from the equation and it's a pretty average band with average songs. I wouldn't feel inclined to see them in a larger venue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Bad Cop/Bad Cop next week and then Nightwish , which looks a little bit of a long shot with Floors recent medical issues

I certainly would not consider Derek Trucks average, he is an incredible guitarist and the rest of the band including backing vocalists were all great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,227 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think the poster meant Amyl and the Sniffers, not Derek Trucks

You are correct. I had never even heard of Tedeschi Trucks until a few days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,072 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait for Biffy Clyro on Tuesday

The setlist is mammoth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Whats left of my '22...

Clutch/Green Lung x 2

Within Temptation/Evanescence

Brutus

Kim Wilde

Opeth x 2

Nightwish

Alter Bridge/Halestorm/Mammoth WVH

The Dead Daisies/Graham Bonnet

Clutch are so good live. Neil Fallon has a brilliant stage presence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,227 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Biffy are so good live, never fail to give 100%. Doubt questions and answers or Christopher's River are meant to be played, but still a very good set.

Advertisement