Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2022

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

He's definitely still lead vocals

Then there's one of the originals, Tony Hicks, backing vocals and lead guitar. Bobby Elliot on drums becomes the oldest musician I will have seen, just beating Tom McGuiness of the Manfreds, both 80yo. That's until I see Tom Jones with the Stereophonics in Cardiff next month - he'll be 10 days north of 82.....

....if he makes it that long!

Actually saw Tom Jones a couple of years ago at Music for the Marsden - he's absolutely incredible for his age

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Agenda for now...

Mystic Festival - Gdansk

Duran Duran - Dublin

Graspop Metal Meeting - Dessel

Blues Pills - Nijmegen

Judas Priest - Luxembourg

Epica - Saarbrucken

Jerry Cantrell - Cologne

Diamante - Dublin

Social Distortion - Dublin

Haim - Leeds

Clutch - Dublin

Brutal Assault - Jaromer

Geoff Tate/Eric Martin - Dublin

Epica - Tilburg

Evergrey - Dublin

Fu Manchu - Dublin

Behemoth/Arch Enemy - Dublin

Primus - Dublin

Therapy? - Dublin

The Pretty Reckless - Dublin

Opeth - Utrecht

Nightwish/Beast in Black - Dublin

Alter Bridge/Halestorm/Mammoth WVH - Dublin

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

More of the current road trip to follow, but Sunday evening in Sheffield:

Jeff Beck with no less than Johnny himself fresh from court in Washington

....and that makes 2 Hollywood Vampires in 3 evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had to confirm it was him by geolocating the tattoos on his arm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Heading to Bloc Party in the UK this weekend. Last minute trip but still cheaper than a night in a Dublin hotel this weekend.

Thursday, Derby Arena (bit of a rush to get there as my ferry was stuck outside Hollieshead for 3 and a half hours)

Post edited by Beasty on

Friday, Manchester Arena

Creeper:

The Cult

And of course, Alice

Just to compare and contrast, this was Alice in 2019:

Saturday and sent to Coventry

Manic Street Preachers

and the Killers

No rest on Sunday, headed to Sheffield City Hall

Sharon Corr

Jeff Beck

And of course, Here's Johnny

• Advertisement

Monday and back to Manchester in time for the Jubilee celebrations

for some reason he was singing about racing a bicycle when sat astride that

That's all I had time for as I had to get the 2:15am ferry back to Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great week and pics there beasty

The Killers this day 2 weeks for next up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Jam packed weekend!

I like Poisoned Heart by Creeper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

Was at “The Smile” on Sunday at The Roundhouse, London,

Thom & Jonny says hello !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I saw them in January in Magazine London, that was a better gig, but this was good too, a new track and a few Thom solo tracks.

They also played Just Eyes & Mouth at both, which was dissapointingly, left off the album.

a few sound issues, but quite happy overall. The Roundhouse is a also a really great and relatively intimate venue, and its easy to get close up.

The various Radiohead projects, have all been very interesting, Atoms For Peace were incredible gigs, and Thoms solo work has been top notch, i love these diversions, but i also want another Radiohead album, its been over 6 years since the last one.

Its also been odd, they have only played 1 Ireland gig in the last 14 years, hence, i’ve travelled to see them multiple times, as a group and side projects, but they have tended to under tour generally, in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

So far this year:

- Frank Turner at Cyprus Avenue in Cork back in April.

- Wild Roots on Friday (thinking about it.. not 100% yet)

- The National in Limerick this Sunday.

- Glastonbury 3 weeks from today.

- ATN in August.

- Coldplay in August (missus loves 'em) in Wembley.

- Arcade Fire in Manchester in September.

- Manchester Orchestra in O2 Kentish Town in September.

- Bon Iver in Wembley in October.

Busy enough next few months!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I was was at Bloc Party last night in Leeds. It was a stormer, so much energy! No So Here We Are though. I love that one.

Was at The National @ The Marquee tonight, Matt Beringer was clearly pissed, but, still managed to pull off fairly good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Good gig but Aiken needs to get a new sound system for the Marquee.

Its been deteriorating for years but its appalling this year.

Cant believe its 5 years since the Opera House gig.

• Advertisement

Hit with Covid for the first time so no Stones tomorrow and no Kiss on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Pretty much zero symptoms. Have to make do with my Stones photos from 40 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Going to picture this Malahide castle on Saturday. There is three other bands playing with them.

Does anyone know what time picture this are on stage at???

So after by Covid-induced hiatus I was clear on Monday for a trip up to Belfast

First up, from NY, Tempt:

Next it was Aussie band Airbourne

I could best describe them as perhaps as Spinal Tap on steroids, but a bloody good one at that

Then completing the support acts, Shinedown

Then onto the main act - the Legacy of the Beasty

Ferry over to Pembroke Friday morning, heading to Oxford that evening for another guy I had seen at Live Aid nearly 37 years ago:

A drive back to Cardiff yesterday morning and into the Principality Stadium yesterday afternoon for old "Sex Bomb" himself

Well 82 years and 10 days old to be precise

Then it was the Stereophonics

Fortunately both roof and air conditioning were on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Jesus. Kelly Jones hasn't aged! I've only seen them play once (in '99!) and they were excellent.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

I could not believe when I checked he's 48! And he's 2nd youngest in the band.

Advertisement