Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2022

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posted a few other pictures in the dedicated thread, but some more from the eagles at the Aviva last night

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Elton's last ever gig in Wales (that's what he said anyway)

Ray Cooper seems happy anyway....

Well that's me done for this half of the year...

Hopefully a couple of surprises in the second half to make up for missing Kiss and the Stones

Now heading to Silverstone for the next 3 days. There are acts on every evening, but more likely to be of interest to the kids than me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Was at the Stendhal Festival over the weekend and then saw The Fratellis playing last night. Knackered today!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jesper54321

Hi All, just a short plug to say that Upstart Festival Cork is back again .. Saturday 10th of September, 2022

5 bands play Craig's Field Glounthaune (just 10mins from Cork City on the Cobh/Midleton train)

Brilliant afternoon... Chips, burgers, beer, rock-n-roll ..tickets about €25 maybe €20

more info here: www.upstartfestival.ie ..tickets on sale towards the end of July. Ages 16+ event.

Image: Pretty Happy headlining Upstart Festival last year (2021).

Post edited by Jesper54321 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

Pretty Happy are class, bodes well for their booking skills

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pity there's not an market here nowadays for some of those middle tier nostalgic co headline arena tours that we see in the states every year

Ones like Reo Speedwagon/Styx and Loverboy. Journey/Toto etc

Pure cheesy money grabbing nights full of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ticked social distortion off the bucket list, definitely suffered from a case of the Tuesdays, but the crowd ate up the encore. Mike Ness sounds pretty much the same as he did in the 90s which is fair going considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Updated list ….

28.3.22 - Future Islands (Vicar St)

6.4.22 - Foreigner (Las Vegas)

10.4.22 - Sparks (Vicar St)

13.4.22 - Nick Mason (Convention Centre)

23.4.22 - Nick Mason (RAH)

7.5.22 - Gary Numan (Wembley)

10.5.22 - Whitesnake -Foreigner (3arena)

24.5.22 - Gary Numan (Olympia)

26.5.22 - Midge Ure (Button Factory)

5.6.22 - Billie Eilish (3arena)

9.6.22 - The Rolling Stones (Anfield)

30.8.22 - Roger Waters (New York)

2.9.22 - Geoff Tate (Button Factory

2.12.22- The Cure (3arena)

5.12.22 - Placebo (3arena)

Next up for me is Clutch next week after two postponements due to Covid. Sold out gig. Can't wait.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

In a bit of a draught myself since Elton on the 1st July

Nothing in the concert/live event department till WWE in Cardiff in September and then Garth Brooks in Croker on the 9th Sep

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Can't put my spine through a clutch gig in the middle of a work week, but always a great live experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So far: Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets. 13.04.22

Wild Roots Festival, Hazelwood, Sligo (numerous highlights from main stages and side shows) 3 - 5.06.22

Body&Soul Festival 17 - 19.06.22 (Highlights Jon Hopkins, Roisin Murphy, Houseplants, Magdalena Bay).

Pixies - GIAF Festival Big Top 14.07.22

Coming up:

Glasshouse Presents Aphex Twin GIAF Roisin Dubh 23.07.22

All Together Now Festival 29 - 31.07.22

All Ireland Fleadh. Mullingar. 5 - 7.08.22

Electric Picnic 2 - 4.09.22

A toss between Vantastival 16 - 17.09.22 (If I get paid work there again) and Fuinneamh 17 - 18.09.22 (if I can wrangle a free press pass again).

And maybe Night and Day festival in Roscommon 24 - 25.09.22 if I have any energy left.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭lc180

Bodhrandude what did you think of Wild Roots Festival?

I live an hour away so considering it for next year (if its on again) but I haven't heard any reviews. Good setup for a Festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

So Far

WOLF ALICE - MANCHESTER

FOALS - BIRMINGHAM

FRAMES

PAUL HEATON

NICK CAVE - PORTO

PEARL JAM - BERLIN

FOALS

CROWDED HOUSE

THE KILLERS

NOS FESTIVAL - PORTUGAL

PEARL JAM - PARIS

PEARL JAM - AMSTERDAM TOMORROW (HOPEFULLY !)

Blessed not to have caught covid so far !!

Post edited by exilec on

So far

Less Than Jake Whelans

Ed Sheeran Vicar Street

Kurt Angle Q&A Liberty Hall (suppose it counts as an event)

Tool 3Arena

MCR Kilmainham

The Killers Malahide Castle

Elton John PUC

Got covid with it cancelling my plans to attend Hella Mega Tour. Should of siad **** it and went. **** happens i suppose

Amazing too be back at live gigs.

I've a two hour drive home afterwards too...and then work the next day. It's an early show though. The doors are at 7pm. It's in The Limelight and they've a club night afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

This would have been a disaster pre 2020 but it's been a joy just to get back out to proper live events.

Dry Cleaning - Missed as I was ill but saw them a few years ago with about 20 other people in the room ;)

Mdou Moctar - They were held by immigration for eight hours and refused entry. Really wanted to see this one - still annoyed about that :(

Sons of Kemet - One of them couldn't make it so they played as a three piece with two drummers and a saxophone player. They pulled it off somehow.

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets - Excellent

St. Vincent - Excellent

Amyl & The Sniffers/Weezer - I missed the first two Amyl songs and left during Green Day. I was supposed to see Michael Kiwanuka that evening but got a refund from ticketmaster a few hours before the gig started as my mother of all people gave me a ticket to this. Surprisingly rapid refund service from TM.

Thundercat/Anderson Paak - Left before RHCP started as I cannot stand them. Another freebie.

Fontaines DC - Excellent

Follakzoid - I tested Covid positive for the first time the morning of the gig due to going to the above four the prior week.

La Luz - Covid Cancelled

Primus - "Logistics" Cancelled

Only remaining ones on my calendar but will try and pick up a ticket to The Cure.

Emma Ruth Rundle

Snarky Puppy

Amyl & The Sniffers - Indoors this time and a full set.

Fontaines DC - Indoors. Will be my third time seeing them. I'm not a fanboy I swear.

@exilec - was NOS decent? Lovely part of the world that.

Post edited by dasdog on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Updated, had to cancel paul heaton as it clashed with knebworth, great to be back though :)

The Kooks - Olympia

Roisin Murphy - Olympia

Liam Gallagher - Knebworth

Noel Gallagher - St Annes

Duran Duran - St Annes

The Killers - Malahide

Gerry Cinnamon / Aslan - Malahide

Kings of Leon - 3 Arena

Kaleidoscope festival

Green Day / Fall Out Boy / Weezer - Marlay Park

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Marlay Park

Stereophonics - Fairview Park

Fontaines DC - Iveagh Gardens

Still to come:

Paulo Nutini - Olympia

Liam Gallagher / The Charlatans - Kilmainham

Arcade Fire - 3 Arena

Electric Picnic

Kasabian - Olympia

Kendrick Lamar - 3 Arena

Florence + The Machine - 3 Arena

Fontaines DC - Vicar Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Yea , fantastic venue and great lineup (but this was the worse in all the times I was at it , covid maybe) . It is actually my 4th time going to it . 180 euro for a 4 day ticket. Gates open at 5pm and English acts start at 6pm . Spotless clean. fake grass and just off the beach and no idiots at it whatsoever . Always easy to get a beer and no waiting for food , toilets etc . Free trains in and out with wristband and no waiting for them . it is about 5km out of Lisbon . Belem which is beautiful .If you are not into the trains its no more than 5euro back in . If you decide to go look at tap airlines from Dublin. usually get a return for about 150euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

Nice one - line up looked great. Ten degrees warmer DART line extending out to Cascais/Estoril along the coast would make that an easy get to few days.

Clutch were excellent last night. I really enjoyed what I saw of the support band too - The Inspector Cluzo. Rockin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,151 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I would love to hear La Curandera live, the set looked great. Dublin looked unreal too, what a band

Delighted to check Ticketmaster today and get a face value ticket for The Cure in the 3Arena on the 1st December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Bicep on Paddy's Day 2023 looks like a unreal gig. Getting tickets for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Same, hope was dented when I saw it on the Belfast setlist lol. Dublin show couldn't be faulted they really could just bang out anything and everyone be happy out, 'Power Player' was a nice surprise.

Half eyeballing Leeds in November now added bonus of Green Lung who I've also not seen before supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Within Temptation/Evanescence in London is all I am going to in 2022, I lost count of how many times it was postponed, it was even postponed in April 2022 and I had a non refundable hotel room booked. There was no need for it to be postponed in April. The other few bands I have interest in haven't toured here since before covid, for example Killswitch Engage and Lacuna Coil.

So Cheap Trick cancelled their tour in October, but I managed to add Joe Jackson in York on Friday

Changed a bit since I last saw him 40 years and 4 days previously

• Advertisement

Yesterday it was Swansea, and the Modfather

1985 version

Advertisement