Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seeing in Eindhoven.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,917 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'Biffy Clyro take to the stage tonight at #3Arena 🤘 Doors open at 6:30pm, with special guests Architects at 7pm and Biffy Clyro at 8:30pm 🕣 Please allow plenty of time to get to the venue, use public transport where possible and please note #3Arena is a fully cashless venue 💳

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

She's taking her Kids to America in March.....

She's also doing the Lytham Festival on 1 July, but I'll be there the night before for Sting, Blondie and the Kaiser Chiefs

Wow Biffy Clyro last night in the 3Arena was amazing. Small enough crowd esp in the seated area but didn't take away from the atmosphere. Setlist was great as was the visuals and stage. Definitely a different experience from the last time I've seen them in the marquee in 2014

God knows how much **** I posted over the lockdown in this thread but I did say 'I hope Biffy Clyro play here again (or something similar). My wishes were made and it was great

Roll on the rest of the year and beyond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Biffy are class live. I don't really know what my reasons were for not buying a ticket for Belfast...!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Echo that, Biffy are truely one of the very best live bands around, I thought that gig was abolutely epic - the amount of tunes they got through in the 2 hour set, they really keep faffing about to a minimum. Took a spot in front of the sound desk and the sound was incredible, the bass booming through was brilliant! Have to hand Architects credit too - they had a sizeable bunch going insane for their gig - very impressed with them - know only a couple of their tracks already but will explore further!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Bought a ticket for And So I Watch You From Afar at the newly reopened Mandela Hall. They're going to bookend the year - first and last band to see in 2022 😊

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pavement. What a band. Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Absolutely. There Thursday night, joyous occasion.

• Advertisement

Thinking very strongly of going to Rod Stewart on Friday night in the 3Arena

Few cheaper resales but is it a risk compared to buying a 'full price' ticket ??

Nothing on Toutless as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't mind going to see Bad Manners in Galway on 26th this month playing at Monroe's Live.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Got sorted for a ticket for Rod Stewart on Friday in the 3Arena

Supposed to go to the Ireland vs Norway match but with a few players missing (selling a ticket for €15 if anyone is interested) I decided to change my trip to the Friday instead and seeing sexy Rod is a bonus

What a great show by Rod Stewart last night in the 3Arena. They didn't advertise support but 'Johnny Mac & The Faithful' came on at the 'Start of the show at 7.30pm'. They were OK but could of been better

Rod was great for his age and got the crowd going. The setlist was OK but would loving too hear 'Hot Legs' over 'Grace' but what can ya do. The Queen been on the big screen was maybe an error of judgement

He has some women on stage I tell ya that ha

A bonus really as I didn't think I'd ever see him live. Definitely one of the greats of the era. Hope he's enjoying the Irish ways out in Lansdowne Road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Rod always puts on a good show, he is a total pro.

He plays for 2 hours, plays his hits and doesn't over do it with new songs like so many other acts.

Give the people what they want.

Saw him in the 3Arena last indoor tour and in Cork so didnt go this time.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Rod the Mod last night

Not bad for someone who will be 78 in a couple of months. In fact I think he was better than he was in 2019

Johnny Mac and the Faithful were supporting then also. I think they are good as a support, and certainly got the audience warmed up last night

Did he play 'Hot Legs' last night ??

This is Fridays setlist and it's down there but don't remember it been played

Yes he played it last night.

He did make one faux pas though - he was going on about how much worse things are (economically and politically) in "the rest of the UK"😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭fafy

Sigrid in good form at Walsh’s Bar Mitchelstown earlier tonight, she’s doing a few small gigs before 3 Arena on Thursday.

Did he show you queen pic during 'Sailing'

Surprised there's any uproar about that

• Advertisement

He probably did, but I was heading for the exit as I had a 160km+ drive home through all the rugby traffic. In 2019 he had one of Churchill though!

and here it is

Interesting must be one of 'his things' and been one of our celtic friends an 'ok' thing to do

Yeah having a rugby match along with a big 3Arena show coming out around the same time must of been a nightmare traffic wise

Wishing you all the best

Bear in mind he sang Sweet Caroline at the Queen's anniversary summer bash did Sir Roderick (although Elvis was not entirely praising of that performance, but he's not exactly a royalist)

There is a strong military tradition on Scotland, along with a lot of love for QE II.

Post edited by Beasty on

He's half Scottish and was born and raised in London, no shock he's an anglophile.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I saw Gemma Hayes tonight. A great small show, she had the clearest voice.

Hope you enjoyed your US trip

Seeing Billy Joel in MSQ is amazing and something to treasure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Haven't seen Gemma Hayes play for years and tonight she was forced to play an acoustic gig- Cleeres ( band sick with Covid). Wow what a voice and such great songs. Catch her gig if u can!

7th time seeing him in the garden, this is where @Beasty one ups me by pointing out he saw him in 78 on the stranger tour.....

• Advertisement

Advertisement