Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, incredibly quiet for something pushing out those pixels at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone have any idea what the delivery time is like for the design lab controllers? I know there seemed to be a shortage of controllers recently and was hoping this might have improved by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I can only speak about an Elite Core controller, but I got it delivered in 2 days from ordering...

Amazon and Smyths had regular first party controllers, different colours on sale recently, and probably still.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of using rewards points for MS store credit on the design lab.....you can't use it anymore. It's been changed for some reason. Unfortunately I learned the hard way and now have €50 MS store credit that I can't use in the design lab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ah shít, I asked recently if you could use MS wallet money on the Design Lab on one of these xbox threads, but I should have came back to say I found out on reddit that it went away as a payment option after they redesigned the lad and opened back up last year!

It could have saved you the bother!

Good news is, there's a new lunar colour option out, if that's to your liking? :)

Haha unfortunately not. My son has requested a very specific (awful 😂) colour pallet and was hoping to offset most of the cost with the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Not to worry sure, they won't go to waste anyway! Pity they couldn't help you buy that awful controller though 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Due to family health issues, I had reason to try out the Cloud Gaming app. I had 4g+ on the phone, getting ~63/18Mbps but still cell. No buffering issues on Netflix, YT or CrunchyRoll or any apps. Tried out You Suck At Parking; impossible. The very small input lag made it unplayable due to how accurate you need to be. Then tried FH5; similar issues. So cloud gaming on mobile is not great. I've no reason to try it on WiFi, because I'm rarely in a situation where that's an option, and I'll play from the console for best experience at home. Long live hardware!

I also finished up Hardspace Shipbreaker. Story was decent enough but you've heard it many times before. Didn't do anything new or shocking, but just enough to keep the inbetween from getting stale. Serious performance issues at end game though. Quick resume is broken. It freezes seconds after resuming. It will also freeze if you start a second ship straight away after the first and pause for any reason. So you basically have to complete a run, quit the game and open it again to prevent that. However, I've done everything more or less so I'm kinda done with it now. Was good, and plenty of scope for expanding. Some jump scare moments when things happen unexpectedly, but always due to your own fault! Very smooth too, well made with everything nearly fitting together perfectly and not ghosting into each other.

Would like to see an addition (or sequel) allow you run your own, go out and collect the ships, etc. Could evolve into something cool. I recommend it without the time limit for a more relaxed experience, the timer seems like it would be an annoyance after a while, like the oxygen/food meters in Subnautica, would detract eventually.

I also found FH unplayable for a couple years until I discovered it defaults to quality mode which is 30fps. I switched to performance (60fps) mode and the lag is gone.

Try it out see if it helps. It is the type of game where the slightest bit of lag turns you into a drunk driver 😆

Another tip, use a USB controller instead of Bluetooth. I use the razer kishi but there's a few on the market now. Not sure if any of the xbox controller mounts are usb, they possibly could be.

To me it's still very niche. I honestly have very few occasions to use it. I don't feel comfortable using It on public transport, I prefer to listen to pod casts or read a book. What I'm waiting for is keyboard support so my Surface Pro can become my gaming PC and I can exit the PC master race which has become an unjustified expense for me.

• Advertisement

Playing AC Origins when I have the time. Great to pop into. Looks glorious. 60 FPS , 4K , HDR. Series X. And so, SO much better than Odyssey.

Plagues Tale Requiem 40fps is a surprisingly good compromise. When I first heard it was 40fps I didn't think it would be much difference from 30fps, but I guess it doesn't work like that. The slow stealth gameplay helps make it a good fit too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, DF did a big video about it in Rachet and Clank, and it does indeed seem to be a game changer, at least for those with 120 FPS screens. Hopefully we see it roll out to more and more games.

Aha OK makes perfect sense. Yes my TV is 120hz so seems I am actually see smoother frame rates.

Must give it a go..although I hope it's not too dark ...

Also, they need add 60 FPS and dynamic scaling option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I hit 70,000 GS yesterday 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Rookie.

What is the average Xbox Gamerscore? Microsoft has divulged that the average Xbox LIVE gamerscore is 11,286, while the highest gamerscore is at 540k.27 May 2022

Woo! Above average!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmmm, that highest one seems wrong, I distinctly remember someone passing two million a while back?

• Advertisement

A couple of people I'm friends with on Xbox have over 200000. I thought I was great getting over 100000 a few months ago.

According to TrueAchievements, this is the highest Gamerscore:

RedmptionDenied 3,428,855

Morto. Imagine having the highest Gamescore and a typo in your handle... I got the post above from here and purports to be from MS:

Some dedication that. I had a quick browse through the games and I never even heard of most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I assume a score that high means they solely game to increase their score? Can't actually be enjoyable that way, can it?

I remember a fair few years back there were two guys very close in score at the number one and number two position and one guy was always ahead but he got married and was away from gaming and the other guy overtook him to claim the top spot. I wonder is that guy above one of those.

I'd say most of those games he played were bad games as I never even heard of them so yea it might not be fun plus you need to be skilled as well as some achievements are pretty difficult with a lot of game time needed to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Anyone going to jump into modern warfare 2 today. Tempted to get it. Been out of the cod game for a while though. Is Xbox as my less toxic than ps

Not me, I've been out since the original MW2

Personally, I'd never buy a COD game again, but I have to admit that I'm excited about playing them on GamePass if and when the acquisition goes through. Of course, it'll be a while before the more recent ones are on Game Pass, what with Sony blocking the games being added on there, thanks to their marketing deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

There's a boards discord if you want to ask there too

They make you click on digital agreement to be a good boy on the game these games,although id love to go back to old MW2/Black Ops lobbies where 90% of every lobby had slept with my mother and everyone always united to give the french people sh!t 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

I had about 50 or 60 hours in modern warfare 2019 on the ps4 when it came out but just hit a wall where I wasn’t prepared or maybe not capable of getting better and matchmaking appeared to have brought me to where I wasn’t able to compete. I’t was a very good game imo though. Best since mw2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

There were only 15 characters available when profile names were started so that's why it looks wrong.

Advertisement