Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Man, I'm addicted to Hardspace. Even though I'm playing on the relaxing mode, it's still such a joy to play. Just started on the "biggest passenger" ship and it's freaking complicated and awesome. Story is pretty alright, enough to keep the inbetween interesting and short enough to not get in the way. Even though it doesn't have base building, it's really giving me Subnautica in Space vibes. Not specifically they play the same, but I'm getting the same level of enjoyment from exploring, albeit on a far smaller scale. Maybe that doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Enjoying it too,Powerwash Simulator vibes from it for me....although the 15 min work day part is very annoying!

Yeah, I had read about that after doing the first tutorial mission, and restarted without it. It's much more relaxing I'd imagine, and seeing as the starter ships were taking ~60 mins, it seemed too restrictive. Maybe to add pressure to do things quicker and mess up more, I see there are stickers to be collected for dying... But on the ship I'm currently on, it's gonna take a lot more than an hour! I've 30 mins in already and I've only removed the thrusters and panels covering them... Last message was regarding a radioactive filter that if I hit it too hard, it'll release a cloud of fire/electrical hazard cloud, which also hurts health, and can only be cleaned with cryo... I'm afraid because I can't identify them, and I don't always have the softest touch... Great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

My fifa 10 hour trial won’t launch , anyone else having this issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Had that issue but if I went into another game and loaded it then back into fifa, it would work

• Advertisement

Cheers no joy for me though. Keeps saying there was a problem validating your subscription for some reason

Sign in to your own account but then add a guest. Launch Fifa and when the 10 hour trial message comes up press B. When you get to just before the main menu of fifa it will ask you to choose an account. Pick your normal account and it'll work.

Cheers I’ll chance that

Experiencing CTD's with Shipbreaker. Happening since about the half way point, inbetween shifts. Lost a few hours due to just changing Apps for a half hour and resuming and it then freezing. Seems common, plays for about a second then everything but the audio freezes. Still a great game but it's getting annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but Smyths have the black, blue, red and white controllers for €49.99 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I am really enjoying AC Origins on Series X.

Looks gorgeous, plays really well, great story, voice acting, setting, pacing, world, combat, sound, music. It's perfect brain chewing gum. I'm sure I'll be grinded out at some stage. But I think it's a short enough playtime for main game.

The Series X just chews up this game without a hiccup at 60 FPS HDR variable 4K. And so silent.

It's way better than Odyssey in so many ways. That I'll recount later maybe. 😃

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I found Odyssey to be more "fun", but I loved the atmosphere in Origins, just gave a me real sense that I was totally alone in this valley, or out in the desert, or that I was the first person in this tomb for hundreds of years.

So I caved in and purchased the Electric Volt controller. Came from Eindhoven to Cork in less than 24 hours!

So between my One X and Series X, I have six controllers:

Forza Horizon 5 controller,

Cyberpunk 2077 controller,

20th Anniversary controller,

Carbon Black controller,

Shock Blue controller,

Electric Volt controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Would you not have been better off buying an Elite controller than have a bunch of special editions?

Hope you don't take it the wrong way just curious. Nice collection all the same but I love the elite controllers and find them better than the standard.

Prefer the standard myself. Had an Elite and sold it. Elite is sturdier and more weighted, but its not enough for me.

If a game needs paddles then it's a candidate for KB&M. Granted not every game jas kbm support and not everyone has a PC. But for me that's my go to if I need more control than the standard controller offers. Not paddles.

When you have bad hands it's easy to forget others don't. I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my hands so I need an elite as I cannot press the thumb sticks so map two paddles as the two thumbstick buttons which was a life saver for me. The left is usually to sprint in games. Makes a massive difference. Another problem I have is I had to stop playing Forza as hanging onto the accelerator by the right trigger hurts my finger so I have to stop playing them.

I hadn't thought of paddles as extra accessibility options. That's fantastic to hear to be honest that you have options that make gaming easier for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Still waiting (hoping at this stage) the 20th anniversary controller comes back into stock somewhere to pick one up at a reasonable price

I got this. I found it much softer to use than the Xbox controller buttons which I find hard/rigid. And my hands would be sore afterwards. Never experienced that with Nintendo controllers.

Also has paddle buttons and you program it via an app on your phone. Which I haven't tried.

So, it's definitely gentler on my hands at least !

Get this, even though it's wired ,it still has Bluetooth to connect to that phone app 😝😝😝

Hmmm just reading Amazon reviews , seems to have quality control issues. Mine is fine so far.

After plenty of hours and long stints in Hardspace Shipbreaker, I'm beginning to hate the standard Xbox controller. Like SBW above, I find my hands, specifically my right one, getting sore. I get a pain in my right purlicue, my right trigger finger (index or middle) geta spread from the hard triggers. Compared to the DualSense and DS4 before it, its horrible. The Xbox controller is like a mechanical keyboard, and i prefer membrane.

I was tempted by the PS one of those 8bit but I can't have wired because I will 100% pull the console off the table. But I do need to do something because it's making long stints on the SX sore. Was thinking Elite but most likely it's the same hard buttons and layout. I hope Xbox just release official DualSense support!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The Elite feels better, but it's still the same basic shape, so if the original doesn't work for you, then the Elite won't work either. It's also hard to recommend with the random build quality issues.

It's weird how down to the individual person these things are, as I for one find the Xbox controller near perfect, with the Dual Sense requiring a weird contortion of my hands to fit comfortably. I haven't tried the newest one, but it does look better.

The Switch pro controller is lovely. Very comfortable. Then I got an XBox and played a lot of stuff over lockdown. It starts to feel like pressing a brick after a while. Or maybe I should blame the grind in AC Odyssey.

The 8bitdo controller feels lighter and cheaper than the Xbox official controller, but I have had no issues with it. I sit near the console and am careful with the wired controller not to pull the whole thing down.

Also nice not to have to worry about charging 😂

Also, I'd imagine too much phone use etc etc etc is not good for anybody's hands..

Actually,.now that I remember I could not hold a plate extended in one hand at the start of lockdown. Had to get some very simple physio exercises that fixed that problem.

Basically lifting light weights and some hand resistance exercise

So, if people are having problems experiment with cheap wired or wireless controllers and get some cheap online physio.

Your hands, eyes and back are important. Note to self. 😕

Edit ...

Vertical mouse for work instead of the standard horizontal mouse was a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Looks like Xbox streaming device could be due an announcement soon.

Moved to appropriate thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

You went for it, nice!

I would love to get it, but I have to tighten my belt.

What I mean by belt is the drawstring on my shorts.

You're still wearing shorts at this time of year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,837 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm the opposite, I couldn't believe the 4k detail in AC Odyssey and Watchdogs Legion and the smoothness, and then realising the console still isn't making any noise. Blown away and a very happy camper. I've had all the major Xboxes and this is hands down the biggest jump in performance ever. You need a good 4K display to appreciate it.

Advertisement