Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Thanks for your help. It was the power settings on the xbox, switching to power save fixed it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah yeah. You know, it's actually been ages since I could be helpful in here, feels like old times 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

My own take on the Shock Blue controller in Design Labs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Oh that's nice. Will you get Microsoft to make it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I finally upgraded from my One X to a Series X today and I’ve never been more underwhelmed by getting a new console.

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great machine but there’s none of that new console buzz that I’ve got with every other console I’ve ever bought. I set it up and it’s the exact same games, exact same dashboard and what feels like the exact same controller. I suppose we’re into the ‘iPhone’ phase of console upgrades now. It’s a nice, sensible decision but not really exciting. I got it because that’s where my game library is and Game Pass is so good.

That said, Cyberpunk, Forza and Elden Ring look incredible.

What are the games that are generally accepted as showing the biggest graphical boost over Xbox One?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'll probably get it around Halloween / Black Friday!

There might be a 10% discount on DL controllers then :)

Very good.

I might get a pink one made and call it Pretty In Pink like that Psychedelic Furs tune.

Anything you want Jordan!

Design Labs is great :D

It sure is. Maybe I could have the colours of my favourite Adidas tracky bottoms on the controller with the Adidas trefoil on it. That would have to be a sticker.

The possibilities are endless 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

So, you should see a lot more games running at 60 FPS. Make sure your running on performance mode if the game offers it or FPS boost is on if the game has been boosted with that.

Also, games load a lot lot faster. In Skyrim you don't even have time to read the loading screen hints anymore for example.

Also, you can quickly jump between games with instant resume.

If you have GamePass AC Odyssey, Origins and Fenyx rising look stunning at 60 FPS with 4k dynamic resolution.

Also, if you have a TV that supports decent HDR, e.g. an OLED then it's another thing of beauty.

Edit

Forza should look great ...

But ... About to say no real killer games on Xbox just yet if you've had a One X. Eldin Ring ... Is probably the killer game and you've got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Load times are far better. And a game I was playing when the Series X was released was Borderlands 3 and man the speed you got in to play was incredible. On the One X you would be sitting there waiting for it to load.

I noticed the same playing GTA V. The loading times for it on the Series X are way quicker than the One X.

I installed GTA IV on my Series X yesterday. Looking forward to see how that goes.

It's silent, fast, cool looking. Beautiful packaging. Offers support for all the HDR, vrr, ..features in the latest TVs. I can even use the XBox controller to control my TV.

MS did a brilliant job with the hardware.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

White Xbox Series X spotted in a logitech ad. They could have customised it themselves, but still.

They took a trip to Woodies to buy a can of white spray paint.

I prefer the black. Once you go black you never go back. 😁

Load times and 60-120fps. If the games have no other improvements its worth it just for that.

It could well be my last console. Lag improvements coming to xcloud soon hopefully. If they can do 4k/60 then I'd have no need for a console. Add kbm and I'd jave no need for a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,836 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm with @super_furry on this, it's nothing special. I skipped the Xbone but I feel like I didn't miss much and if I had it I probably would have been more disappointed. Yeah, it does 4K, 60-120fps (limited to those with supported screens) and the quick resume is amazing (works even if you unplug), but there's nothing "new" about it, if it makes sense. With the PS5, the DualSense alone makes it feel "new", let alone one of the best launch games to show off the new features. MS... they don't really have anything like that. Halo was, by all accounts, a bit of a let down, FH5 is alright but nothing special. It's selling itself with Gamepass and that's about it I reckon. If it wasn't for Gamepass I wouldn't have one.

Ah now Halo Infinite was good. Well the main game. I'm not into online play so I do not know how that is.

I wouldn't know, I was never a Halo fan. Tried the first one back in the day, saw how much of a bullet sponge enemies are even in the campaign, saw the online "fans" crapping on everyone complaining about the bullet sponges, stating something along the lines of "git gud", "you're meant to do headshots" and decided nah.

• Advertisement

I'd agree its all about game pass this gen. The console is hardware needed to play your game pass games until streaming gets better.

We've an X snd an S in our house and for me the Series S is this gens console winner, but again coupled with game pass. What you get for your money is just superb. Granted, you don't get the highest fidelity, but again "for the money" it's more than good enough to be forgiven.

I'm not sold on streaming at all. It's not where I want it to be, but where I want it to be is the exact same as console performance. Any dips due to bandwidth and I'm out. Consoles ain't going anywhere for a good while yet. And let's end it there as it's done to death already!

For now its hard to justify streamings existence. I'll start of streaming, but if I like the game I'm going to download it. The day will come when there is nocbenefit to downloading the game. I also see it as more of a threat to PC gaming. Ability to play PC games without the hassle and expense of upgrades. But there's worrying signs with Geforce Now library simply not worth it and Google uncommitted to Stadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Right now I think that streaming is only ever a selling point as a companion to a console. Game Pass streaming works brilliantly on my Steam Deck and there's something magic about playing Like a Dragon on my Series X and then picking right back where I left off on my Steam Deck but I wouldn't use it as a primary way to play games.

Psychonauts 2 isn't really grabbing me. But I'll stick with it a bit longer.

Portal 2 reminding me of the shrines in Breath of the Wild. Yes, this game came first. Very funny announcer at times. It's a pity it's not 60 FPS. Very good so far.

Going to try Outer Wilds again later. It's 60 FPS now. I skimmed over it before.

What? I loved both Psychonauts and Psychonauts 2.

Maybe I haven't got far enough into it. It's very clever story wise and visually, but the platforming and combat is not grabbing me. Maybe it just takes time to settle.

Picked up an Elite 2 controller. First impressions is I do not like it as it is very slippery even though it is all rubber but saying that I didn't like my Elite 1 controller either at first due to the rubber too but it wasn't slippery like the Elite 2 though. I was so use to holding a plastic controllers so took a while to get use to the rubber. My Elite 1 is still perfect and I will alternate between the two. I also have the controller that came with the Series X that was used once.

I also seen a video recently where you can change the colour of the Xbox logo on the Elite 2 is that in the future as I could not find how to do it. I think I should google that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The colour change for the Xbox logo is one of the customisations available on the upcoming Design Lab version of the Elite 2 Core.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Go into xbox accessories app,go to configure controller,choose a profile,the colour change part is in where you map the buttons etc

Advertisement