Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

That wouldn't be very green by Eamonn?🤔🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I can see it happening though. Maybe not a complete cut this year but certainly a reduction of some kind.

The volume of EV's being sold now is growing rapidly and so the grant cost is spiralling. They have to balance that with all the other needs in society.

I'd be betting on a reduction of some kind and a complete removal before 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭eagerv

The missus just sent me a pic of her first OTA update, apparently will only take about 5 mins or so to install when updating is finished.

A YouTube video from James:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE1AKhq6sUM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

Anyone else having issues with Bluelink connecting at the moment. My app has not received info from the car in over two days and forcing a refresh gives a network error message.

Tronity has also not been able to get any info from Hyundai's servers either.

• Advertisement

Yes the missus had problems last week, also her phone was not connecting except through Android Auto.

It did come back eventually after multiple reloading App and I think she also reset the info screen (pin hole). All was fine till she did the OTA update a few weeks back. But is working again now.

Ah cheers for that. Might try the reset and see if it helps.

Failing that, its due to the dealers for the parking brake recall in a week or two.

No problem, ours was done a month or so ago. IIRC something else didn't work after that🙂. Think it was timed charging or something, but was fine shortly after when did the ota update..

Many thanks for the advice. Sorted. The pinhole reset worked perfectly.

Hopefully mine will be fine after the recall work. I missed out on the OTA as I'd just updated manually when it started.

Now I just have to clean off what looks like vulture shite all over the windscreen!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Many who don't have the premium spec ordered the v2L adaptor from evcables? Any issues with the order? Thinking of ordering one to have as a backup for the winter with all this talk of potential electricity shortages etc would be great peace of mind having a 58kwh battery to be able to use in an emergency to run a few things.

I assume you could connect a 4 gang extension lead to the adaptor with no issues ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭denismc

The company are very good to deal with even though they mixed up my order initially.

So they will build a custom adaptor for you, I got a 5 metre cable with a twin gang 3 pin plug on the end but there are multiple lengths and options to choose from.

I would be slow to attach too many high load appliances though especially if you are going to be using extension leads.

I will be using mine to run a few lamps , phone chargers, Internet etc, nothing too heavy.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

As I understand it the car is capable of delivering 15 amps on the V2L. As long as whatever you're plugging in doesn't exceed this, you'll be fine. A 4-gang extension lead will have a 13A fuse in the plug.

Finally gotten round to taking my 5 in for the recall software update today. Hopefully its done by 12.30 as I have clients to see all afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

Does anyone have any update on their orders for an Ioniq 5? I've no updates on my order for a MY2023 which is supposed to arrive in Jan 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭yer man!

Nothing official yet, dealer said it's still due for Jan for myself and to expect an update in October about the build progress. I'm sure he was just telling me to just go away for a couple of months as he has not updates to give himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

how longs a piece of string - i have cancelled my order for January and just went a bought something else - already got stung when they cancelled my order from January and hiked the price up and now can't even deliver before the budget at the end of 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Cancelled my order, with the possibility of the grant being cut and the issues they had this year having to scrap chips(https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2022-world-car-of-the-year-in-trouble-due-to-defective-chips-195404.html) said id cut my losses and managed to get something available straight away. Pity as I was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭yer man!

What did you opt for in the end if you don't mind me asking? Trying to see what alternatives live up to what the Ioniq offers.

I bought a tesla model 3 out of inventory which meant that I had a date of delivery 3 weeks after I put down a deposit.

I really wanted an ioniq or an ev6 but literally no dealer has any real clue when they can deliver.

So I decided to just get into something that was a guarantee and would hold its value if supply ramps up on other makes I might swap out then

Otherwise each month I was throwing sway fuel costs and watching my trade in value go down too after which they could pull my pants down with the trade in value too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

model 3 that was in inventory, ill have it this week.

• Advertisement

Are we foolish for holding out hope for a January 2023 delivery so?

that's the thing you can hope but that's all. i wish everyone the best but i can see a reduction of the SEAI grant to cars under 50k coming in december so a lot is up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ummagumma_78

I was talking to dealer earlier and he confirmed that my order (Executive model) will go ahead and may even be available in November. I placed order on 16 Jul.

He did say that some orders have been delayed until March 23 though.

Ok, that's a good sign that things are moving. Do you mind me asking which dealership you're talking to?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I'd love to know if there was any solid information on orders for January. I placed my premium plus order in January of this year so really don't want to wait much longer. I haven't heard a thing since my order was cancelled and re ordered (MY23) in July. I'm tempted to go for one of the inventory Tesla's.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ummagumma_78

Ah, I'm with a Dublin dealership. Dunno if that is better or worse but have no info, but I haven't pushed for info to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Four or five of this batch are in production now, and similar to what ummagumma mentioned, they might arrive earlier than expected in early November. So hopefully we'll get more clarity on all orders due for Jan '23 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Old Jim

The Hyundai website states that the Platinum model is eligible for the SEAI grant and lists the customer pays price as €54,315. That means car is 59k without the grant. I thought the grant max was 50k though. Is the website correct?

• Advertisement

Yes, it is correct. Max car price to avail of grant is atm €60K. (So nett price €55K.)

Advertisement