Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Re new ota update.

Dammed thing installs and then said some files are missing and reverts to older version. Have used 2 new sd cards and different PC's with same result. I wouldn't mind so much but it veryfies it all before hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ElectricD

Ordered Exec Plus 58kWh in March for July delivery. Also been informed that the order may be cancelled but then again they may get a small number of cars in. The dealer was not really sure and information on this has been really poor (I am getting most info from this forum 😀).

My question is whether the dealers/Hyundai can legally cancel orders? Surely they entered into a contract and cannot just opt out. If I decided to cancel I would lose my deposit!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

No that's not the case.

I have a €1,000 deposit down on a car. If I change my mind or don't qualify for finance when the time comes that will be refunded to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

I agree, information and the if, buts and maybes from the dealers has been disappointing. I have called the dealer and put points to him that I've learned on here which he knew nothing about only to call back later and verify that yes there might be delays till 2023, but then again maybe not and I might get in in July...this has been going on since April, our original date since placing deposit in Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

I was told told last week that all 2022 Premium Plus orders not yet delivered have been cancelled. Where is your dealer located?

My understanding is that paying a deposit constitutes entering into a contract. I am not a lawyer though!

The citizens information website seems to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

My Premium Plus order was cancelled yesterday.

Put in 2023 order for Platinum now. No other option really available at this stage with EVs from other manufacturers not available until next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Same. Just had a call 100% confirming. Platinum in January. To be very fair, dealer said they'd honour the price agreed for the Prem Plus as well as the value of my trade in, even though it'll be 12 months older than the valuation. I'm happy with that. Much better service than Audi.

Just hope the SEAI grant stays at 60!

Did the dealer honour the original price you agreed?

• Advertisement

I have also been now told that my order is being cancelled. I have been told however that I will have to pay more (Exec Plus 58 kWh) but that prices won’t be known until Nov. Seems very unfair that the original agreed price (on which deposit was paid back in March) is not being honoured.

Bolands in Wexford look to have a 73KW Premium in stock for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭eagerv

The missus is on her way to Bantry from west Co Wexford. 58kWh Executive. Charging atm at Frankfield Cork, impressed with only 33% of battery used. She will probably charge to 90% or so, will have plenty then for local driving over next few days then top up in Cork again on return. (Hotel has no charging facilities).

Great road for efficiency, she says she was driving at speed limit where possible, but a good few slow bits as well. Temp ideal and a tail wind. Could comfortably have gone the whole way to Bantry without charging.

Keep a watch out for a WX reg white Ioniq 5 if in Bantry area. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7 relgoog

Charged my 73Kw Ioniq to 100% for a trip from Dublin to Clare.

512Km predicted range when leaving Dublin (highest predicted I’ve seen on my I5)

Trip was almost 240Km and used 60% of battery…approx 44Kw, which I reckon gives a range of 400Km.

On motorways I kept it to 110Km on cruise control with HDA2.

I’ve done the same journey many times in my previous car (BMW 520D touring). First time in the Ioniq 5.

I reckon the journey felt both smoother and less tiring in the Ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pumpkin101

Really interested to see the posts about range experience. I have had a 58kWh for 5 months and 6,000km+ of driving and have been tracking efficiency of different types of trips over the last 2,000km (last 5 weeks), Dublin based. Almost all of the driving has been in eco mode, HDA on motorways / A roads and i-pedal otherwise ... i.e. efficient driving. What I have learned is that efficiency is massively dependant on speed as follows (all in the 14-19deg C, so "summer" driving):

50km/h average: 15.2kWh/100km, so ~370km range for local runs / A roads, small amount of motorway

70 to 80 km/h average: 16.2 to 17.4 so ~330 to 350 range for long trips on mostly A roads and say a third motorway

90 to 100km/h average: 19.1 to 20.3, so 290 to 300 range for mostly motorway but keeping speeds say to 110km/h when on motorway

110km/h average: 25.2, so 230km range if journey is almost exclusively motorway and you stick exactly to speed limits (did this journey yesterday to test the range under pressure, 140km distance)

14.2kWh/100km @66km/h from eagerv is not something I have seen myself ... tailwind and all that!

I expect winter driving to be at 20 to 25km below that, but will test when the weather arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭eagerv

14.2kWh/100km @66km/h from eagerv is not something I have seen myself ... tailwind and all that!

I haven't seen that sort of efficiency either with her Ioniq 5🙂. Normal enough with my Tesla Model 3 even when driving normally on faster roads, not trying. She told me that the second part of her trip yesterday from Cork to Bantry, which was generally slower, showed 15.4kWh/100km. But roads were very wet by this stage. I wonder is the lower half of the battery linear with the top half? I suppose the only way to know is to let the battery run down low, which she is naturally reluctant to do with the remote areas she is traveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

Has anyone actually received confirmation of a delivery in July? Loads of mentions of cancellations but are any cars actually coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,599 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Not in stock

"Hyundai Ioniq 5 Premium 73 kW TO Order"

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I know some people have been struggling to get dealers to take orders, but Bolands Wexford have 11 or 12 due to arrive on the ground in December/January. They've been taking orders since the end of May for this stock. Might be useful to some people if they aren't fussy about colours etc.

I think its at least four Platinums, four Premium LE and three Executive Plus. Most seem to have the 77kwh battery with at least one 58. Salesman said that four of these have been booked already. I have some details on colours etc if anyone wants more info, but i'm sure the sales guys there will be happy to share the details anyway.

To Order wasn't on the ad originally though. That updated on Saturday I think it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭yer man!

I've an order in with Mooney's in Dublin for delivery in Jan, 58kw/h Exec Plus. Wondering if I should be getting the 77kw/h one now instead seeing as that seems to be what most people are buying. Is there much benefit in the bigger battery if Home to Work is only 25km one way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Only you can answer that question.

We charted a lot of our common journeys on ABRP and realised that the extra battery would very rarely result in actual less stopping on the trips. Even on way to bordeaux, the difference in number or duration of stops wasn't much.

Was an extra 5k or something so we are totally happy in 58kwh.

Ah great! I did the same with ABRP between my house and the parents on the other side of the country, this would be the longest trip I would do most often and I can get door to door without stopping so I think I should be fine. I think I just have FOMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Just one comment though, we plan on only really doing journeys during the summer when range impact of cold weather isn't an issue. If your doing trios during winter, it may be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Just got the expected bad news. Order cancelled. All apologies, the dealer said he has never seen something like this happen. He said he will call back later in the week to see what they can honour but nothing until January

Ah I get you yeah. The longest journey I would be doing once a month is about 190km one way so I think even in winter it should be able to manage. I will install a charge point in the parents house for the return journey.

Were they at least able to give any indication on what could be available in Jan or would that be too long a wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

He wasn't able to say much. He wasn't sure himself what was going to happen. He couldn't believe they were not making any cars for the Irish market. Ill post back when he gives me a call to let me know what they will do next. He was at pains to let me know because it was a cancel of my order there was no issue with returning my deposit. Like no s... :) . With the market as it is there is no rush making a next move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

The dealers already know the allocations for Ireland.. all cars are available to order on the Hyundai system. My 2023 order for my cancelled July order was placed last week. All people with cancelled orders have first preference on a 2023 order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Looks like they are giving preference to the UK for any RHD 73kw models still being built. Orders are still being delivered until end of year.

Advertisement