Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

Was talking to afew dealers in the last week about ordering the 77kW Exec Plus

They all say March, and maybe they won't be delivered by then

They are a bit cautious.

I'm guessing the 5k grant could be reduced if the orders get delayed

Is anybody else hearing anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭eagerv

We ordered our Executive end of Sept 2021 and were told delivery may be March this year, however a load came in at end of last year for delivery in Jan this year. They honoured all prices/trade ins afaik.

Didn't the Budget last week say that the 5K grant would be available till next July?

Budget said it will be reduced from July so I would presume the €5k goes to €3k or even €2.5k

The supply problems would have changed in a year also as there has been so much going on with China still in and out of lockdowns

I will prob order this week and hope to have it before July in case the grant reduction kicks in

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

They told me they did the 15k visual check free of charge when I bought it in for the SW update/recall 😏. I've about 25k km up now will book my service for 30k km as per the manual. 80 euro is steep for a "visual check".

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭baby fish

Did you get the price for the 30k km and then the 60k km when outside of the service plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭hero25

is this cost of approx 4.30 per 100km still valid?

or whats the current approx cost per 100km?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭eagerv

Depends if you are on a good EV night home rate at about €1.30/100km or use an expensive fast charger at about €10/100km. You can add a bit to those figures for colder weather/ motorway driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We've done 3,600km in our Executive Plus 73KW since we bought it in June and I've been keeping a track of our charges and running costs.

So far it's cost €79.31 which includes one fast charge in Cork. The Karoq we changed from was giving approximately 500km from a tank and that was costing about €80 to fill (before petrol prices went crazy) so for similar milage it would have cost €575 in petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭baby fish

How would you describe your normal driving pattern over that distance? city, 100kph or motorway driving?

Consumption: I know there are many variables, but would you expect to get roughly 15kwh in city, 20kwh doing 100kph and maybe 25kwh on the motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My wife won't get 15kWh because she's a heavy foot. When I drive it (usually on longer journeys) I'd get 16-18kWh per 100km.

We have two short journeys to and home from work and then approximately a 20km round trip to collect the child in the afternoon daily. Then you'd have another few short trips during the week.

Topping it up every 8-9 days from around 30% to 80%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

What is the standard audio system in ioniq 5 like?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Nope as they were pushing tire changes too will do that myself 30k km service will be for the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Lane Assist,

Am I the only one that finds Lane Assist very aggressive, I have had moments on country roads where the steering wheel was basically whipped out of my hand. I know it cannot be switched off permanently but is there an option to tone it down somewhat.

I drove a BMW with lane assist in Scotland a few weeks ago and it wasn't half as aggressive.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

As I live on a country lane, part of my routine when starting the car is to turn off lane assist. It can be pretty assertive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭grennscreener

I've been moving house and dropped all pretence of tracking that anymore I'm afraid. Maybe someday after the last box is unpacked I'll get round to working out where I am now, but waaaaaaay too much other stuff to be doing. I will say I still love driving the thing and still don't feel it being expensive to run. Now whether or not that's down to me getting used to it or not, I couldn't scientifically tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Was informed that this was expected to launch in Ireland this month (Oct 2022) when I spoke to Hyundai Ireland back in (see my post in this thread earlier in June). If they do launch/announce the offer later this month, I'd expect it to apply for 12 months from the launch date covering everyone who bought their Ioniq5 in Ireland over the last year or so and probably activated for those waiting on their bookings/orders.

Post edited by reb73 on

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

I was just wondering if anyone has received a call from their dealer to say their ioniq 5 is on the ship that docked in Cork yesterday?

Our original premium plus order was cancelled so now expecting delivery of a platinum before January.

Post edited by kuro2k on

@kuro2k how did you find out a shipment docked out of curiosity

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Thanks for the update, this would be a nice bonus to get along with the car when it arrives. It sounds like they have had some issues launching at earlier dates so fingers crossed this time.

Did you get this call? I'm not in Cork but my dealer got on to me this week to confirm details for the grant and to try sell me a charger, no mention of ships but he did say we're still looking good for 'first week in January'.

Irish EV owners association posted a link of the ship docking in Cork on their facebook. A guy in a different post left a comment stating that he got a call from his dealer that his platinum had arrived in Cork.

• Advertisement

I didn’t get a call, apparently the guy on on Irish EV owners got a call yesterday that his car arrived in Cork

I believe he rang all the dealers in the country looking a car only a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Got a call yesterday to say our exec plus is in Cork, originally ordered in March, cancelled & reordered in July. Be ready for Jan delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭grennscreener

anyone hear anything about the ionity charge card yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

I ordered an Exec Plus in May and have heard nowt 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Ionised

How is it going to take 3 months to deliver if it is already in the country? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭fafy

Assume it makes sense, to wait the 12 weeks for a ‘23 plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Old Jim

Question on accessories. Expecting my Ioniq5 in Jan. Has anyone purchased any accessories that they'd recommend e.g. floor mats, boot liner, seat covers, phone holder for that magnetic plate? Anything else to consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

FYI - there is a white executive plus sitting in Swords dealership if anyone is interested in picking one up immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭brcwatters

We were about to order a basic Executive but now considering the Executive plus. Just wondering why people do go for the Plus - is it just the heat pump that's swinging it? We probably don't need the extra range the heat pump would give, it was more about resale in 3 or 4 years time. Should we save our money or go for it?

Apparently we'd be getting the last slot for Executive in local dealership but that might just be dealer talk - must ask and see what are the chances of getting the Plus in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

Honestly, I thought the sliding center console was worth a lot in terms of functionality it brings. There are other things like tinted rear windows, but that was probably the big one for us.

Advertisement