Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China’s Army posts “Preparing for war!”

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

On their official channels, PLA has released a new war video. Different users uploaded it to Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have to say that is a pretty cool video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

lol 1979 was the last war they were in IIRC ? Kinda reminds me of the Russian videos before we saw what happened in Ukraine. Large formations, convoys. Someone should tell them it's not last century. Unless were invading china how are they going to project the supposed power.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Those ships won't look half as cool lying rusting in Bikini Bottom in the Taiwan Straight.

YouTube videos might give Tankies a semi, but they don't win wars.

it's impossible for me to understand your bizarre view of Russia's military campaign in Ukraine. There was never a fall of Luhansk Oblast to Russia? In the east, the goal was to take Luhansk and Donestk. It's only a matter of time before the Donestk falls. Russia already won every major battle in this oblast. You guys only watch Ukraine videos and think the war's turning. Ukrainian troops lost in Luhansk, so this nonsense should have been obvious. Anyway, it's not a Russian thread, it's a Chinese one, stop comparing. Chinese has developed aircraft Carrier ballistic missiles that can knock out the US navy very early in the game. 

• Advertisement

Remind me again how Russia is doing ? had the largest area of Ukraine like 1 week in ever decreasing since. The chinese can say a lot of things. Their tech is not battle tested unlike the USA. You also forget the experience of the US navy and Submarines. Chasing russian subs about since the cold war. Chinese surface ships will go pop in short order. Also making stuff look stealthy vs actually having the tech to do it are completely different. Remember that fancy Russian ship that looked the part got sunk in short order.

The Chinese have adopted the Russian strategy of dealing with an aircraft carrier which is throw loads of missiles at it to overwhelm the defences and you only need one or two to slip through and that's the carrier sunk or out of commission for a long time. Aircraft carriers aren't exactly small targets and losing even one would be a major shock to the Americans.

There is also the hope that it might not escalate into a military situation. China could perhaps punish the US/ West with some form of economic sanctions although I'm not in to finance so I have no idea what those financial measures could look like.

Aircraft carriers would just fight over the horizon China claims to have it but like everything proof is in the pudding. Subs swarming the waters on the chinese end. I would not put too much stock in the chinese air force not battle tested neither the platforms their using. stuff looks ok on paper. Where were the Russian top end tanks and planes. Getting chewed up in Ukraine and stopped being used. Ukraine had battle tested piolets it seems or a better doctrine and at least enough flight time on the equipment older then the Russian stuff. Americans have stuff like Sea wiz close carrier support all the goodies. And again fighting from over the horizon

Not that American carrier strike groups will even necessarily be involved, because Taiwanese conventional anti ship defences will make the Straights a shooting gallery. Tens of thousands of PRC mariners will drown in the first few hours alone without Uncle Sam's hand.

Leaving that aside, can the PRC's super dooper magic missiles sink Guam? Okinawa? Osan Air Force Base in Korea? Like f*ck they can.

From scramble to sinking Chinese landing craft in the middle of the straights would be less than 20 minutes from Kadena base for an F35. Think about that for a second.

The Chinese navy is in deep sh*t even without America commiting itself in the opening salvos anyway.

Tankies need to stop daydreaming. A landing attempt on Taiwan is a ready-made disaster for Beijing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I agree. Why is the general consensus here that American ships are unsinkable?

• Advertisement

Ukrainian forces are strongest in the east, so holding those regions is crucial. Losing there would be bad because your veterans would be injured or killed at this stage. As the troops fled, a lot of lands were captured. You can't just make veterans. Russia can take lands in other places more easily if Ukraine loses more warriors here. Ukraine is doing well because Zelensky has so many soldiers, but Russia changed tactics so they can overwhelm slowly without a lot of losses. Since Luhansk showed Russia figured out a way to take that Oblast, it's clear the Ukrainian forces can't keep the Russians at bay. From what I'm seeing, Donbas is looking bad for Ukraine too. Strategic towns are falling, which shows that the region will fall to Russia. 

They've got modern fighters, missiles, guns, everything Chinese. The US military fought guys dressed like 2000-year-old Biblical characters? Though the US army might have the best military gear, as the Vietnam and Korea wars showed, that doesn't stop a smarter army from winning. The US can't win an attrition war with China. There would be more manpower available to China. The US military will take heavy losses unless it has some secret wonder weapon.  

There not. But their tech and experience in war fighting is off the scale. China has not fought a war since 1979 odd. Just like the Russians Who when faced with a foe of modern standard had no idea what to do. Chinas experience is mostly border skirmishes with India.

How do you sink Okinawa? And do you think the PLA would dare trigger the US Japan mutual defence treaty if they were thick enough to even so much as set off a firework in its direction?

Use your brain. The PRC is outmatched even before it has started. You're daydreaming. In any case, carrier strike groups will be sitting outside the first island chain screaming in at Mach speeds sinking vessels for sport in this hypothetical scenario.

Take the edgelord pogs to another conflict. Maybe there's a sh*tbox autocrat somewhere in Africa that might be worth a punt for your kicks, because the Chinese will drown by the tens of thousands if they get stupid.

The nosie you're hearing from Beijing is autocrat impotent rage about an old lady landing at an airport in Taipei. That's not strength.

How are Russians going to advance when they can be hit at 300 km now. Not that this is a Ukraine thread. You do know that most of the military in China is keeping the plebs inline that's what it's for mostly. It's expeditionary force would not be much more than what Russia has put in Ukraine. The problem china has again stuff looks good on paper. Never tested. And your gonna test these untested systems against one of the most battle hardened forces in the world.

An attempted invasion of Taiwan would of course be an apalling vista, but I would welcome it in one respect:

Watching the absolute comedy of the Chinese air force and their potemkin indigenous jets get absolutely rinsed by everything from the F18s, F22s to F35s.

Chinese airframes start out as an ersatz copy of an American one, they swiftly find out things like their native developed engines, wing profiles, avionics etc are sh*t - so they cobble together a reverse engineered solution with off-the-rack Russian components from an older platform. You end up with a Frankenstein kit with significant ad hoc changes across the platform that differs from one maintenance facility to the next. Add in the problem that Russian supply chains in their aerospace sector is f*cked.

Those pieces of sh*t will fall out of the sky over Fujian province before Taiwanese missiles can put them out of their misery. It'll be a comedy show.

Is one of their biggest issues not being able to reverse engineer unstable airframes. That's hardware and software. Stuff they stole was probably s*it that would never work conventionally. China is great at copying like for like if they have all the pertinent information. Innovation not so much. Gone are the days of free thinking and problem solving replaced by the CP.

• Lads, put yer mickeys away.

China is not invading Taiwan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

They are actually quite vulnerable to modern missile technology, America's carriers are not only their biggest asset but also their achilles heel.

If they start losing those then their main ability to project power around the globe is finished and they are fcuked as a superpower.And getting into a war with China means losing them is a very strong probability.

China is not Grenada or Iraq where American aircraft carriers heading toward look big and scary, heading toward a giant industrial and technological power like China they will just look pathetic.

The same views were held about the Russian military until they invaded Ukraine.. Remember all those high tech weapons Russia was rumoured to have. If a military has largely been inactive and not using their military hardware, they're in a default weaker position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭jmreire

Hopefully, it will work out like that...but I'm not so sure that the Chinese attitude to the lives of its citizens ( or any other Country's Citizens either) causes them to worry overmuch, if it does come to war. So maybe their economy will cause them to take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

What is the purpose of that old witch's visit to Taiwan, apart from stirring up trouble of course..as if the world hasn't enough problems and trouble as it is!.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please take talk of Russia's war in Ukraine to the relevant thread. Cheerful S you are threadbanned from that thread. Mention it again here and you will be banned from this thread as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Apparently, she is on her way there now from Malaysia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I cannot think what is at all unusual with any country's military forces tweeting that they are "ready for war" , that is exactly what they are supposed to be?

All countries use enticing media to embellish their armed forces and to give their citizens a sense of security and raise patriotic sentiment - just look at the British Navy advertisements on UK terrestrial television showing young men and women touring the world and jumping out of Helicopters and cocking their shining weapons ( sorry that was a slip of the tongue ).

It is kind of ironic that Taiwan is probably the world's largest producer of plastic Toy army paraphernalia, designed to encourage our youth into glamorising war, possibly one of the most sinister acts of product placement globally.

The US have pawned Taiwan for years, not so long after they dropped 2 nuclear bombs on their neighbours in the middle of the last century, just to show the rest of us that they can if they want to. It never ceases to amaze me how everyone forgets the simple fact that they annihilated two cities and their inhabitants ( roughly 300,000 people, quite arguably a genocide ) in the space of a week - and then attempt to portray themselves as the modern pioneers and gatekeepers of global justice? Give me a break please.

I would imagine any Tweets raising awareness of the Chinese Military, especially communications in English, are most likely instigated by the CIA as part of any US domestic propaganda policy aimed at their gormless general public, whilst simultaneously attempting to validate their existence as global saviours to anyone left alive on the planet who are gullible enough not to see through them.

I will probably be put on a list somewhere on a dataset in Langley now after sharing my valuable opinion, I reckon classified somewhere between Defcon 2 or 3, with a highlight over my IP address for a local CIA agent to qualify where I live and work at some stage over the next few weeks. If you ever want to meet a CIA spook operating in Ireland I reckon your best bet is to hit Dicey Riley's on Super bowl night, it is an itch they cannot help scratching, Hot Dogs and all. In fairness I reckon the Irish gig is probably considered a handy enough number amongst their agents, a far cry from instigating public unrest in "hostile" 3rd world countries, deemed necessary by a trope of anal, grey suited stooges in Washington DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

Ok so what your are saying is that aircraft carriers are incredibly vulnerable and in fact may be coming close to being obsolete.

Maybe you should inform the PLAN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭timmyntc

If it came to a US-China skirmish then there would be severe sanctions or worse for any member hosting US planes used to strike against China.

Over 25% of all Japanese imports are Chinese for example. There would likely be restrictions on what bases US planes can use to launch strikes

Tankie daydreams. Even if (and it's a big if because we have f*ckall evidence Chinese anti-ship missiles are worth a damn) get anywhere near a carrier strike group outside the first island chain, you're ignoring that the US (and allies) have air and missile assets on land within minutes of any notional flotilla.

Besides the fact that the Taiwanese alone will be sending tens of thousands of PRC amphibious invaders to their deaths all by themselves, the US, Japan etc lie in wait to lay waste to any vessel that crosses the straight median line.

We may as well rip the bandage of right now and let the blowhards in Beijing try to take Taiwan. Teach them the lesson that has been long coming.

Tankies in the West need a wake up call.

Not only is the current security status quo in East Asia the best thing for the global economy and political stability, it will be defended with overwhelming force. People completely overrate the Chinese capacity to project power. Most of their platforms are a couple of decades behind the West, and their airforce in a Taiwanese invasion scenario will be the best comedy you've seen. Tens of thousands of Chinese sailors yipped up on PRC nationalist nonsense will be snuffed out in the first afternoon. It's not going to be a fun day for tankies.

Severe sanctions from China? They don't make anything worth a damn that can't be made in Vietnam or elsewhere. Supply chains containing anything critical are already moving away from the PRC.

Japan will definitively fall on the US side and will likely tear up their pacifist constitution within the day.

They'll do without low-value-add Chinese imports for however many months. Their national security is at stake.

People need to knock their delusions on the head. China will become instantly isolated by neighbours if they are thick enough to try it. And Japan as an active military force will be back. Throw South Korea in the mix as well.

They all play nice with China for mercantilist reasons, but all bets will be off instantly if the tankies on thread get their wish - and if Xi is as stupid as they seemingly hope he is. The Chinese aren't half as economically powerful as people want to believe.

Let it all play out if it must. But it's bad news for the creeps in Zhongnanhai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭weisses

Our Ukranian friend is tracking the flight live

Advertisement