Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Unfortunately the threat is there for their return .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yeah and going into Winter, its love for 12 Pubs will return but promises if they close by 8pm for a few weeks it'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Yeah but weren’t you the guy that was of the opinion that there were no restrictions as long as you just didn’t do any of the things that were restricted? Something like that? Of course you’ll deny that…..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Home to the perpetually outraged. It's laughable.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Yes, I'll deny that. It's búllshíte. Keep spreading the disinformation if it makes you feel superior.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Yet you still feel the need to come on here, read the thread and post. Go figure.

Did you miss the bit where I said it was laughable? I come here for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭growleaves

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭kirk.

They're surely readying the masks for the winter flu/COVID season

It's times like these I'd want holohan back to steady the ship

Politicians and unions is a bad mix when it comes to restrictions

Surely they'll never make a mask mandate permanent?

I’d be pretty sure that you are one of the most frequent posters on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭prunudo

"If used properly it is not a bad idea' This would be the issue I would have with, I don't trust the government to use it properly. Given how they extended and over used severe restrictions throughout the pandemic, particularly in summer 20 and 21, I don't like the idea of them being able to bring in mask wearing whenever they feel like it, whether that is to appease unions or cause deflection from other issues.

What's your point caller? I'm not bothered about some legislation that might come in at some point in the future that might not be needed. It's not the end of days like some are painting it.

I'd be bothered about it

It'll be sitting there now ready to be turned on

Is there any buffer between unions and government , just the CMO?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There are chunks of the Health Act just sitting there and never used. Politically there is no downside and some on that spectrum would favour more draconian, even current measures. The decision would be a recommendation via the CMO and whatever group is providing input. That said beyond health environments and public transport there seems to be little else that might be at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes, I'm glad you picked up on those 9 words in my initial comment, the first three being the important ones... That too is where I have fears, and I'll bet the legislation won't just mention facemasks, cue another Christmas of 8 O'Clock pub closures and Munster V Leinster being played in front of 500 fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Just a tad overly dramatic there I'd say. No one is even mentioning curfews, capacity limits, and/or distancing.

• Advertisement

I see this legislation as a start of further restrictions. A foot in the door to give it a further shove open... I really hope I'm wrong but I'm just going by history

Can anyone hazard a guess what form further mask mandates would take

Would they be short term measure when needed or what's the likely scenario?

Such as recent history where they removed all restrictions? When most on here were predicting restrictions forever.

I know this proposed legislation is not good news, and should be rightly viewed with cynicism, but some on here really love to think the worst all the time (not necessarily you OP)

I'm more thinking about how at various points in the last 2 years they had plans such as living with COVID, not going back on reopening etc etc

I'd like to believe masks will be the only thing to be reintroduced, if at all, but history doesn't support that ideal

Yes, exactly, they told us were going to have to live with Covid and then delivered on that emphatically earlier this year when they removed all restrictions. I'm not defending, nor am I a fan of, this government, but all restrictions have been relaxed for some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

There's still mask mandates in doctors, hospitals and nursing among other's im sure.

Those are still restrictions in my opinion and now this talk of legislation being drawn up.

The only way we got out of restrictions was because it went through the population last Christmas like wildfire and achieved herd immunity in a matter of weeks.

Even right now me and alot of people I no are or have been sick the past 2 weeks with a flu/covid.

But because its not main stage anymore people are just getting on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Some people have the mental strength of a duck...

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

The only seasonal flu spreading like wildfire during the summer, I wonder what's been added to the equation to make that happen. However according to the studies, coming september, the majority would have developed natural immunity rendering useless an additional booster, but hopefully they will mandate face co(w)ering again, we've seen how well those work

• Advertisement

I thought with these variants getting milder and more transmissible we'd be letting it rip

Why is there still so much disruption to work for a mild variant and talk of mask mandate return?

Advertisement