Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

"i'm travelling from Kerry Airport to DUB and onwards to Edinburgh.Do I have to exit in Dublin and go through security again for onwards flight.No bags,all Ryanair flights."

No just stay 'airside' and wait time time to go to gate for second flight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

That’s not possible… arrivals and departures are separate areas of the building, there is a flight connections though so I would go through there

Sorry I stand corrected! I did do it once and was not a problem timewise.... Glasgow to Bristol via Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Had a flight booked with ryanair before covid. Used a gift voucher and payed balance on credit card.

Waited patiently for my refund over the few months and got the credit card portion back eventually. Dont have a problem with that.

Went to use the gift voucher now and its gone. They wont refund the gift voucher from the cancelled flight.

Anyone have similar? Im thinking of heading straight for the small claims court. Would be worth the price of a three pints and a bag of crisps to me when you take the application fee and other costs out of it, but well worth it methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

I paid for fast track at Hamburg airport. It was closed when I went through.

Contacted Ryanair on the chat and was told it's "non-refundable". I paid for a service which I didn't receive, it's unbelievable they can try and get away with this. When I insisted they said I could submit a complaint.

Looks like I'll have to do a chargeback. It was only €5 but it's the principle of it.

Has anything like this happened to anyone with Ryanair before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭joeysoap

😲 Ryanair once sold me transfers (on board ) from Rome to the city centre. Problem was the transfer company weren’t working that day☹️and we had use another service. The return a week later was ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭MOH

Do you mean priority boarding, or fast track through security or some other pre-boarding point?

I found Hamburg airport totally incompetent recently. Followed all the airport signage indicating how long it would take to get to the gate, got there 15 mins before boarding started (so 45 mins before takeoff). Or would have - except rounded a corner 3 minutes away to find an exit passport check with hundreds of people queuing, queue barely moving. Got stuck there for an hour, ended up missing the flight. Totally understaffed, zero attempt to manage the queue. Put me off ever going to Hamburg again.

That said, obviously Ryanair should still refund you and chase it up with the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

It was fast track security I paid for. Hamburg Airport was actually fine, it was very quiet which is probably why the fast track was closed. I couldn't find any mention of opening times on their website though.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

So you got through security as fast as you might have expected to if you had fast track security, but you're annoyed because others hadn't paid for it?

I'd Just make a mental note not to book it next time you're travelling at that time of day through the same airport.

I might drop them a quick email to point it out. They should refund you but probably not be worth investing much more to time in it than that for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭banchang

Question.

Ryanair have changed my flight schedule.  Does anyone know what happens if you don't accept the flight change ie don't respond to their email request ?

The change actually suits me, & I (currently) want to go at the new changed time, but previously with a BA long haul flight, I had a similar request from BA to accept a schedule change, & because I never accepted the change, I was able to get a full refund when we wanted to pull out of the trip at a couple of days notice before the flight date for personal reasons. Had I accepted the change I would certainly have swallowed some losses.

Isn't 'do nothing' the best approach if you still (currently) want to go ? Gives you that flexibility ?

• Advertisement

Only ever had 1 Ryanair schedule change, > 10 years ago, so not sure with them. Recently had a BA schedule change and went through the same thought process as yourself, ie isn't it better to retain the option until last minute in case you decide not to go? Not sure if there's ever a time limit to switch with any airline before they automatically refund you - would be interesting to know.

I think you just get a refund of original booking if you do not accept flight change.

Good page ( full page!) on Ryanair in today's Irish Times (Conor Pope, consumer section). I had unpleasant experience last week on a flight to Dublin and lodged a complaint .... just had an acknowledgement.

Looking at possible Christmas flights, not sure if we'll travel or not, so will probably only book very close to the departure date if we go. Bit surprised that 10kg bags have now reached £€14, and at Christmas it's not easy to avoid. Fares have dropped like a stone since the new variant was announced. I feel sorry for those who paid high prices a month ago, and have Hobson's choice of either forfeiting their fare paid or paying for tests on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I have flights to cologne booked for sat - sun at start of Feb. For feck all due to the black friday sale, but watching to see if they get cancelled and or a lockdown stops it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mike222

Hi all, I have a question if anyone can help out. I had an option to use a voucher before the end 2021 with Ryanair, which I have done.

When booking the flight, I used said voucher and got email showing voucher was redeemed, with flight details and everything. Also, have boarding pass on the Ryanair app. So, everything looks OK. I'm supposed to travel in 2 weeks.

However, strangely I got an email this morning saying due to the voucher not been redeemed, they would like to issue a refund instead.

I'm just curious as to whether this is going to cause problems when flight time comes, as everything seems in order. Sorry for wrecking people's heads and appreciate any responses👍

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Not much help to you but Ryanair seems to be doing a bit of spring cleaning at the moment.

Originally, I opted for two vouchers instead of refunds but I have used neither.

Within the past two weeks my credit card was credited with the two amounts. No emails received although it is possible they were sent to a previous email address that no longer exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Bag drop times ??? Have flown multiple times in the last six months and I could have sworn it allowed you to bag drop three hours before gate closed time. Would only allow three hours before take off time today.

Only difference was all previous flights were early morning, this one was afternoon.

Also DAA W⚓'s have removed all the seats at the end of bag drop area so had to stand for 30 minutes. W⚓'s

And before the why so early crowd arrive. I like to get in, sit down and relax with a drink and a book instead of panicking at the last minute. Always have, always will.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

Hi there. Anyone here recently made online check in with ryanair? My sister booked and paid for two 20kg bags but it doesnt appear on he boarding pass. As far as I remember there was infos like 20kg bag or similar on the boarding pass in the past. Did ryanair changed it or something went wront during online check in?? We tried call ryanair but nobody pick up the phone there. Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Hi folks. Anyone know how strict Ryanair are lately with the 1 small free carry on bag. Looking to see if I'd get away with a small backpack that's just slightly over quoted dimensions by a few cm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I have never had a small backpack queried, mine would a few cm taller than the limit, but I don't stuff it to capacity either so it clearly has room to compress and fits under the seat. I did see a guy wearing a massive sized gym hold all with arms though the short straps like a backpack get pulled aside though in London once.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Yeah these will just be regular everyday backpacks and whilst a tiny bit bigger then quoted size should squish under a seat handy enough.

Hi folks. Anyone know how strict Ryanair are lately with the 1 small free carry on bag. Looking to see if I'd get away with a small backpack that's just slightly over quoted dimensions by a few cm.

I travelled quite a few times with same small bag with wheels, fitted under seat and within dimensions. BUT got hauled over by one grumpy Ryanair staff member on a return flight ... refused to acknowledge that my bag which was actually hafl full and soft sided and no trouble fitting in the crate, demanded £50 as a fine. Only the carry handle projected slightly. I think she was incentified to catch so many passengers on that flight and they focussed on ones who had paid lowest fare. I lodged a complaint... still unresolved to my satisfaction 6 mths later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I'd be the first to stick the knife into Ryanair when they do something wrong, so I want to give credit where it's due also...

My wife and I were in Italy for a week's holiday when we unexpectedly had to come home immediately due to her mother's ill-health. We just booked the next flight home on Aer Lingus as it was the closest and quickest for us, rather than trying to change our original return flight.

Went on chat with Ryanair a couple of days later to explain the situation and they said to just wait until the date of the unused return flight was passed and then submit a refund request based on extenuating circumstances.

Submitted that request on 20 May. Email back from them confirming refund was approved on 26 May. Refund received into bank account on 31 May.

Can't ask for better than that, so fair play to them for the excellent customer service on this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

It's probably unlikely she knew you paid a lower fare, it's more likely she was doing her job and focusing on people who had bags outside of the specified size allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭iphone6

With the potential strike in Spain up coming and having flights on those dates the return leg is there any advanced warning I could be effected.

Or how soon should they let me know?

The flight is coming from Irish airport and just a quick turn around opposed to starting from Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie_

I am the opposite of you. Travelling from Ireland but flight starting in Spain. Hopefully it will get resolved closer to the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Due to fly to Portugal Friday 24th anyone know if it is to be canceled how much notice will I get and will I get refunded for return leg also?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If booked on same booking you should, if you do two separate transactions/bookings you won’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Whats the chance of it been canceled, flight is Friday evening. Will Ryanair try keep the flights going with other staff?

Advertisement