Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole 'summer bonus' .. are they for real?

• 09-06-2022 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

I read on local Galway paper some TD calling for dole summer bonus, while some Labour TD called for as well a few weeks ago. I had to read it a second time to check it wasnt a joke.

There are currently 50k open jobs in Ireland, if not more. All medical, pharma, food and technology companies, warehouses, etc in Ireland cant find staff, unskilled or skilled. Every shop, cafe, bar, resturant I go into have notices looking for staff. My college age nephew & nieces are refusing extra hours to focus on their studies. Notices in local papersfor drivers, cleaners, care assistants, etc.

And opposition politicans are calling for dole summer bonuses. As if its hard enough already to get people off the dole and into work.

Comments

Advertisement