Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solar PV Performance Thread - Post your monthly output

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

423 kwh this month. 3.24kw facing west

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'll chuck stats up soon, although I changed from 6.2 to 7.44kWp during the month so the comparisons to last year won't be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's nice @DrPhilG. 4 more 310W panels? Added to an existing string or a new one?

We all need more. Much more. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

7kWp W Dublin. 20kWh battery

Production: 878 - last year was 850 which is odd as last year's May was a much nicer month weather-wise

Consumption: 738

Import: 8 (as per Solis but real life is probably 30kwh or so, just from the daily trickle)

Export: 171 (last year 435 but 5kwh battery at the time)

Best day: 19th: 46

Worst day: 17th: 9

Car: 173

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Whats the size of your system, those are good numbers I don't think you have your details on the PVStats website.

According the PVGIS-SARAH PV estimator May and June should be similar enough for my system its showing for June I should expect only maybe a 2% increase in production than May. I don't think you will see a 30% increase from May to June but I don't know your system and obviously we could have an exceptional dry clear month that could break records.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

I only added a 2.7kwp array a few weeks ago, it should contribute significantly, I'm up to about 10-11kwp now, all south facing in sunny south county Dublin 😁

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

5.78kWp, SE/SW/NW, Fingal

Total produced: 554.5kWh

Best Day: 14th: 27.4kWh

Worst Days: 9th & 17th: 6kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭rgfuller

7th Month

Dublin - Lucan - May 22 - 7.12kW total installed (S: 3.45kW, E: 2.41kW, W: 1.38kW). E&W Optimised. 5KWh Battery, (30 S & 22.5 E/W degree pitch).

Total Generation: 796kWh (217kWh consumed directly, 166kWh into battery, 413KWh to grid)

Best Day: May 19th - 40.2kWh

Worst Day: May 17th - 9.0kWh

Total Consumption: 414kWh (92% Solar:8% Grid Import (32kWh))

Milestones:

49kWh to Eddi

3rd Month Generation Exceeds Consumption

12 Days no import 8, 14, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 31

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Midlands

4.1kWp SW with Winter Shading, 3.3kWp NE

582kW imported (two EV household)

782kWh Generated

669.22kWh consumed

316kWh diverted to Eddi

189.1kWh diverted to Zappi

Approx 1159.8kms of range into the EVs

Highest was 42.3kWh

Lowest was 8.1kWh

70% self sufficient (excluding Evs)

53% self sufficient (including Evs)

Monthly cash saving based on average daily load and all non-load items like dishwasher/washing machine/immersion at night rate, €68.07

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Added to existing south facing string. Its now maxed out with 13 panels. Might fit another 2 on the house if I ever find any more of the 310w floating around.

Upping the 5kW inverter to 6kW next week.

• Advertisement

You got me thinking about this again and I had taken a meter read back on the 3rd March and one again on the 24th May (so a good long period) and my shelly reading was 1.1% different than my ESB meter. Also I don't know what hour of the day the meter read was taken so it could even be tighter. So going forward I might start using the Shelly for reporting PV production. If I do I have just gained an extra 50 kWh over the past 3 months ☺️ (about 2% different to the Solis web portal.

Makes sense really because I use the ShlleyEM for all the rest of my energy metering and reporting so it will tie in with this.

Did you buy the inverter already? I heard solartricity are sold out of Solis, waiting for another batch from China to land in July. Also, is that a wise upgrade? Very little of the time will you actually produces over 5kW once you go to a 6kW inverter. The difference is marginal, worth probably only a fraction of the upgrade cost of the inverter?

Mate just bought an as good as new 5kW Solis hybrid inverter for €600 with all the bits included even wifi dongle. Jealous as that would suit me perfectly too!

Inverter has arrived so just waiting for the installer for the date. He said it's a very quick swap.

I've been getting some clipping already with the bigger array, but also the other benefit is 5kW charge and discharge rate compared to 3.5 currently. I've exported a fair bit in the last week just because the panels were generating 6.5-7kW for long periods and the battery couldn't take all of the load.

Ah the charge / discharge makes a difference for sure. I was thinking of the Solis range and the 5kW and 6kW hybrid inverters both charge and discharge at 5kW max, so no difference between the two. Would you not just swap the units yourself? It's an easy DIY job. But I guess if your installer does it, it keeps you in their good books in case you need support from them in future.

I'm limited myself to 3.2kW charge and discharge and I've near 11kwp of south facing, so even with my high base load, I've started to export a lot recently. And don't really want to micro manage. I guess a wifi new model Zappi might be ordered soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

8.16kwp facing 200° at 35° in the midlands

989kWh produced, thought we would break the 1000kWh but yesterday let us down.

705kWh consumed, had a few days away in the middle of the month so exporting a bit more than usual.

110.2kWh to Eddi

171.9kWh to Zappi

Best day 54.8kWh

Worst day 9.5kWh

Most current bill (Monday) was for €89 which covers all transport and hot water as well, taking out standing charges then about €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ELCAT2009

Forgot to do April stats so doing both in this post.

April Stats

6.2kWp (3.1 SE/3.1 SW (in reality probably more like 2.5 on SW as 2 panels impacted by chimney from around 11am), 7.2kWh battery (added 2.4 in April to the original 4.8 install), North Galway.

Generation – 607.2kWh,

Export – 112.6kWh

Import – 811.1kWh (564.4kwh for zappi),

Best day – 24th, 35.7kWh

Worst day - 11th , 4.2kWh

May Stats

6.2kWp (3.1 SE/3.1 SW (in reality probably more like 2.5 on SW as 2 panels impacted by chimney from around 11am), 7.2kWh battery, North Galway.

Generation – 726.6kWh,

Export – 142.6kWh

Import – 667.3kWh (638.4kwh for zappi),

Best day – 28th, 38.9kWh (record high for my install!)

Worst day - 1st , 9.3kWh

Most of my import was for my EV for the month. Car is in use more and more (clocked over 3,000km this month) Disappointed to have exported so much...will have to live with it until the 2nd ICE car gets changed for EV down the road in a few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,446 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

860KW this month here with 150KW going to the eddi which I am using to boost in the morning for hot water instead of heating via gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭handpref

5.4 kwp east west split

516 kWh produced for May

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

6.84kWp facing 200° at 35° in the West

May

Produced: 829.4kWh

Best day: 27th - 40.7kWh

worst day: 01st - 12kWh

To Eddi: 81.4kW

Exported: 265.7kW

May Stats

6.2kWp (2.8 south/3.4 west), 20kWh battery, Zappi & Eddi – Donegal

CHANGING ON MAY 21ST TO:

7.4kWp (4.03 south/3.4 west), 20kWh battery, Zappi & Eddi – Donegal

Generation – 699.9kWh

Export – 24.8kWh

Import – 145.2kWh

Best day – 28th 40kWh

Worst day - 2nd, 10.8kWh

Days with less than 1kWh purchased - 21

Didn't bother with the comparisons to last year, no point since the capacity increased considerably.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Last year was way better for me every month so far so I don't bother either

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Yeah last May was nuts. Even with the additional panels this year I didn't surpass the 2021 figures. Generated about 75kWh less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

6.2Kwp May stats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

1.125 MW for June.

Nice to break through the megawatt barrier for first time since adding the new string. System was down for two days with adding battery system so good return considering.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

May.

4.7 kW Array (3kW South and 1.7kW North).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Record for me this month: 16kWp DC / 11kWp AC Cork:

South: 687.63kWh
    East/West: 1266.29kWh
    PV Total: 1953.92kWh
    Best Day: 27th (101.55kWh)
    Worst Day: 9th (17.23kWh)

Grid Export: 677.87kWh
    Grid Import: 74.02kWh
    Surplus Energy: 603.85kWh

CO2 Saved: 652.17kg

House Usage: 852.51kWh
    Car Usage: 296.80kWh
    Water Usage: 200.76kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

May 843kwh generated, less than march for me, a lot of clo

udy days

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Deleted due to location.

Post edited by Manic Moran on

• Advertisement

Just looking at my numbers for June and its looking like its going to be below par month for me based on the PVGIS Sarah estimates. I need 60 kWh from today and tomorrow to get me above the estimate and these two days aren't looking great...neither is the next week

Will certainly be below March April & Mays numbers

Advertisement