Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

what time can we expect this announcement today?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RINO87

Yep, happy memories of that 2009 gig at the picnic, I'd say there was less than 500 at it! The first album wasn't long out, I only heard it a few weeks beforehand on Donal Dineens's old today fm show, I was so taken in by it I actually had to stop the car and just listen :)

I see they are in the Waldbuhne in Berlin on Sep 3 - epic place for a gig, and their hometown, so I'd say it would be pretty good. No picnic for me this year, so might just head over to that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anytime from 12 to 6 so :) Hopefully sooner rather than later sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Line up is on the site. cant see too many big additions. Sinead is still there which is strange,

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Peesh89

Happy with Floating Points and Rival Consoles being added😁

Looks to be a lot of Irish stuff added. They have hoovered up the best Irish music anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭rubick

Honey Dijon for the boompity boomp!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Happy to see Flight Facilities added. But no Iggy :(

• Advertisement

Are flight facilities a new addition? Happy out if so!

...also see Citrus Fresh in there, that will be good for a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Oh i don't remember seeing them on the original, maybe I missed it!

Caroline are playing. Would highly recommend these to everyone. Excellent debut album

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Had high hopes of Kool and the Gang or Earth, Wind & Fire being added. Not sure why...

Flight Facilities and George Fitzgerald are new I think and definitely on the list of acts to see. Otherwise tonnes of Irish acts that I could see anywhere around Ireland.

As someone else mentioned, why is Sinead O'Connor still on the lineup?

Would be good of they had post with which acts are the new ones alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Rival Consoles 😎

that is all 😃

Feels like a Specsavers test further you do down :)

• Advertisement

AVA in the Woods is a great addition for beat enthusiasts! Guessing that's an extended area in addition to Global Roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Thumper and Silverbacks for me out of the new additions i recognise.

Tons of stuff i know nothing about but suspect it might be a lot of House. It would be nice if you clicked on an act it linked to a tune and a quick blurb. Maybe it does and it's just my laptop settings preventing it?

Either way, plenty of investigating to do.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Plenty of good Irish stuff there, a good few back to Curraghmore for a second time. I've seen Murder Capital, A Lazarus Soul, AE Mak, Junior Brother down there before. Nice to see Jinx on there too. Plenty there for a good weekend. I'm more than a little tempted.

Put away the magnifying glasses, here are the new acts (stolen from Nialler):

There's a presale for Early Entry Passes, just grabbed a couple there. No code just a link to the email you purchased the tickets from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Why wouldn't Sinead O'Connor be on it? She's still touring and performing.

Said she was retiring last year, then took that back about a week later.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Overall, I'm a little disappointed by this. Thought there might be an equivalent to Iggy (or indeed Iggy himself) in the lineup. It seems to be much more dancey this year, and a lot of the new acts are great, but they are also likely to be playing every festival in Ireland this year.

I wonder did the organisers spend too much money on Nick Cave and, with it not yet sold out and presumably a rough two years financially, are they cutting back a bit? Certainly there is lots in the new drop for people who already have a ticket, but I'm not sure that it will do much for people who are on the fence about it.

The early entry pass costing money thing is annoying. Like EP does it, but EP is EP. EP also has a mini lineup on the Thursday and youre getting value for 20 quid. EP also doesn't have the traffic problems that ATN does.

I don't know, maybe they should just announce that people can arrive from Thursday afternoon onwards for free and they can camp and have a chat etc. Those who want to beat the traffic can do so and it eases traffic for everyone else. It would also mean that people can arrive at any time on Friday morning and not get stuck around the 10am bit.

As long as Jungle aren't playing on the Friday, I'd be tempted to go down on the Saturday instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Do family tickets get sold around often for this in previous years? Also if I get one and a general ticket with it is that ok for both of us and the kids?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not too bad the additions but like Johnny I was expecting Iggy too seeing that he was on the 2020 poster and that he is touring Europe in the summer, why couldn't they have booked Moderat, last time they played was Forbidden Fruit in 2017 so you'd think they would be on the line up considering its the same organisers. Iggy could still be a last minute announcement like Orbital in 2019.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement