Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭crl84

Red carpark was open to everyone last time.

We parked there, had a 5-10min walk to the BSN campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RINO87

Same. And not a jot of traffic on tbat route either when approached from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Sinead O'Connor won't be performing this year so set at ATN cancelled. https://redfm.ie/post/sinead-oconnors-management-confirm-that-she-will-not-be-performing-live-this-year/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭rubick

ATN to announce their Day/Stage breakdowns at the end of the month as per their latest Facebook addressing the Sinead O'Connor statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Probably been said but is this not ridiculously expensive. For 230 euros, I'd expect a much stronger lineup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Fanirish

It’s a 20,000 capacity festival, if you want a “stronger” line up go to EP with 70,000 capacity and half the festival arena turned into Branded stages for booze and food delivery company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭rubick

ATN has one of the strongest line-ups in the country this year IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Still feel the line-up is missing some international acts. Plenty of Irish acts that I could catch from one week to the next. Hoping there's a few late additions but who knows at this stage!! I know someone mentioned Orbital were a late addition last time around. I seem to have completely forgotten this.

Kool and the Gang & Earth, Wind and Fire both playing Bestival in the UK at the same weekend. Either of these bands would be a great addition to the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think they'll throw in a big act to replace Sinead now anyway. Hardly a surprise that she's not going to perform, hopefully she's doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

They are acts that would probably fill 3arena, not really anything on the line-up to suggest they'd get bands of that size last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

THE strongest line-up i would say. Ok, still don't know what EP is going to finish serving up (but very poor for me so far) and, yes, it's full of Irish acts that i can see any time of the year, but it's still better than anything else i've seen announced.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I've just remembered a mate of mine was camped down there and he thought he was miles away from the action!😄

Tbh the guy i went with had a trolley and brought everything in on entry, so i'm guessing the only reason we went back to the van was for a restock of dubious goods. I certainly never returned to the campsite carrying anything other than a can of cider!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Would be great but a bit late in the date. They could well get a new act but say maybe not as big and then save a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

Think it compares well to Body & Soul who were asking people for 250 up front pre lineup announcement...

Plenty of cheap tickets to B&S flying about this morning so think I'll hold my nerve on ATN and see what fortune brings me on the week of. Mostly in it for Underworld!

I'm sorta doing the same and seeing if they might release day tickets if it doesn't sell out within a few weeks to go

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Myself, my wife and 6 year old are travelling down from the north coast for this. Were going to do a bit of a tour as my son hasn't been further than Donegal. My wife is worried that we may need COVID certificates. Are they still a thing? My reading of it was that they ended in March but I could be totally wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

Cheers 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

So got tickets to this, 4 of us going, can't wait, I was never at an Irish festival before but Beyond the Pale a couple of weeks ago was amazing so I'm ready to go again.

What's the beer situation like at this? They had delicious Whiplash beers on tap at BTP, no big brewery Heineken nonsense etc.

Edit: Just had a look on the site, eugh, Rockshore ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Druidyourlookingfor

Anyone got any experience of campervan stay at ATN? Taking the plunge after decades of general camping but im worried about the bold font in the forbidden section of website of "no gas cylinders allowed anywhere on site including campervans" I know it was mentioned a while back on here that they dont really properly check it but would like to hear if anyone was checked? I see on the electric picnic site that they allow gas cylinders in campervan site if its stored and safely built into the camper van which is what i have, i dont want to go dismantling it when its properly locked into place by the hiring company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 fechalavash

Underworld are playing on Sunday July 31st (per their underworldlive.com site).

King Gizzard & The Lizzard playing on the Sunday.

Christian Loffler is on the Sunday too, at 7pm.

DIIV are playing on the Sunday.

Sunday looks fab for moi with those four alone.

Nick Cave is playing on the Saturday July 30th, per his site.

Couldn't find a date for Floating Points/DJ Koze,

Rival Consoles is on the Saturday.

Sorry, can't post site links, junior boardie poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Groove Armada are playing Bristol on the Friday night so you'd think they'd be playing the Saturday Night, post-Nick Cave.

Unless themselves and Underworld finish out the main stage on the Sunday which would be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

They're headlining Junction 1 festival in Glasgow on Sunday night, so has to be Saturday....which I'm happy about as I won't be there Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Does that mean we're due a headliner for Friday night? Always assumed Groove Armada were taking that slot...felt a bit weak IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭endainoz

Id say all will be revealed in the final announcement due in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jellybeano

Arcadia recently announced a surprise headliner of the chemical brothers at glasto. C’mon universe! Make this happen for Friday at ATN too 🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭RINO87

At the expense of their Irish fans tho. They pulled the plug on their gig in Cork literally the day before it was supposed to be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jellybeano

Such bad form. Yea, I only read about that after I wrote the post. Not cool Chems 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

Would love a Chems live show but getting 'em in for just a DJ set like Arcadia at Glasto would be a little unimaginative I reckon, defs better ways to spend the wedge of cash they'd demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Arcadias budget and installation is on another level entirely for Glastonbury they have had the whos who do dj sets over the years. Its gotten to the point their spider rig is too small for the 60k crowds that gather for it.

These big electronic acts doing cameo dj sets aint always what they are cracked up be given spinning choons isnt their primary craft. Sure it attracts big crowds.

At ATN arcadia has been great at showcasing up and comers (josh wink and fish go deep being the exception🤣), mostly female too. Its served them well.

I do find it odd seeing house djs just sticking to their usual grooves on a thing that's made for techno, all out bangers and other filth.

EDIT: They have pulled out of Glastonbury too, Tom is actually sick

Advertisement