Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭rubick

All things considered it's the best line-up in the country this summer so far IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

You need a family ticket for each adult to gain access to the family campsite. I would also think they would be needed for the kids area.

If you don't get 2 family tickets, some of the campsites would still be quite suitable for families (based on last time).

Got myself some early entry tickets this morning.

I would hope that there would not be a repeat of the traffic issues, but it certainly would be easier to arrive on Thursday.

No mention of what could be on/open on the Thursday night yet. But it would be a massive mistake to allow people on site without having something to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭RINO87

Our group went for early entry as well, but not expecting much to be open, POD events always seemed very very "last minute" with site works still in progress while people were arriving, and there is a certain charm to that too!!

I just hope all of the campsites will be open early and they don't just funnel everyone in to the main campsite on the Thursday. Main campsite was the finest on year one, but the second year it was horrendous - we got lucky that both sides now was so poorly signposted, and half of the staff didn't know where or what it was, that there was acres of room - I can't see us being as lucky this time.

Interesting to see how we fare out doing 4 nights, hard to believe its been 3 years, well out of practice!!

As of last night we've went all out with a bell tent and early access this morning. Is it a different route into the festival for the boutique camping? We were in the lower general campsite last year and it was grand, although we had a bit of bad luck being right beside a squad of melters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

Got the Thursday add on as well and had this exact conversation with a pal this morning. Crossing everything that both campsites will be open, loved the location we had in there, that pathway in to the bandstand area was perfect. If everyone going on the Thurs were put in the main campsite, I'd kinda worry it would be a squash for friends coming on the Friday to get space beside us etc.

Also remember saving someone who was camped in BothSides in the whatsapp group one of ye set up.. someone needed painkillers/rennie/motilium or something. Both Sides 4ever <3

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭crl84

Yes, that and the Both Sides Now campsite have a different entrance, although IIRC it's on the same road as the entrance for the main campsite.

You can come at the road/site from the south though, and probably miss a lot of traffic going to the main campsite.

I never thought that there could be a limitation on where to camp on Thursday. As Both Sides Now was right beside the posh camping, I hope that would mean they couldn't leave it closed.

Worse case scenario would be a move on Friday morning, but that would be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I was happy with the announcement yesterday, agree that it is looking like the best lineup in Ireland for me this summer. Flight Facilities are a great addition, have seen them two or three times (although it was a good few years ago now) and they were a lot of fun, not as mad on their stuff in recent years but still a must see for me. Loads of good DJs, great live electronic acts such as Underworld, Groove Armada and Floating Points. Add in the likes of Nick Cave, Sinead if she plays, some of the best Ireland has to offer and then lots of fun areas and acts like Arcadia, AVA in the woods, Fleetmac Wood and I think we have a brilliant weekend in store. Still have lots of investigating to do on top of that.

Traffic was a nightmare in 2019 so hopefully not a repeat of that, it was the first time I was at a festival and I felt as if our gang was visibly deflated upon arrival to the campsite. That and the weather that year made it a difficult festival but still an enjoyable one. 2018 was unbelievable largely down to the fact it was new and the weather was glorious. I think with EP growing every year and selling out instantly, B&S downsizing and a lot of the day festivals catering to pretty specific markers - there is definitely an opening there for ATN to make it's own stamp. The thoughts of going to a festival again after so long is very exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

What are you guys looking forward to in particular? For me it's King Gizz, Underworld and hopefully getting to hear Superstylin live for the first time. Although I have a lot of research to do too, lots of unfamiliar names to explore.

In just a few months we'll be raving in a field to Rez!

Dry Cleaning, DIIV, King Gizzard and finally debuting that Rez t-shirt I bought nearly three years ago that's still wrapped in plastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

No doubt.

I was disappointed with second announcement though, was expecting a couple more non-Irish acts that i might be into tbh. The Thursday thing bugs me, it's just another rip-off money making racket like Campervan Passes. We're just going to come down Friday and see how we get on.

I like King Gizz but it really should be Thee Oh Sees at that level of popularity (says the man who always thought it should've been the Pixies not Nirvana that acheived mass global fame. Over the years i have proven to myself that i would have made a shite talent spotter😂).

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Oh Sees are good and I've seen them live but Gizz are far better IMO

After 3 years of no festivals, Groove Armada will be one hell of a party!!!

Diametrically opposed views here, so we can agree to disagree and enjoy them both 😃

What are we thinking in terms of headliners and what night they will play?

Friday - Groove Armada

Saturday - Underworld

Sun - Nick Cave

Something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Going by their websites, Nick Cave is the Saturday and Underworld the Sunday. Groove Armada don't have it listed, but assume they're the Friday based on the other two?

Underworld was the Saturday in 2018...I was really hoping this would be the case again. If they are playing the Sunday then I guess it will be less tempting Sunday morning to leave when I know a few of my mates will bail!

Post edited by El Director on

We never stay on the Sunday (guilt of getting back to the kids wins out), so I'm happy enough as have seen Underworld before, but not Nick Cave.

Jungle and Groove Armada on the Friday will have the place kicking!

Can't decide if i'd like to see Groova Armada closing one of the main stage or not..... If it's a sunny day, Groove Armada at sunset would be hard to beat!

'At the River' with the sun going down would be the business alright!!

I knew i saw these mentioned here, was just listening to the album today. Fantastic, interesting stuff. Wouldn't be my cup of tea, personally, at a festival, but i really like the album!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

Has anyone used the access campsite, what's it like? I'm not physically disabled but I am autistic

Hi Demonique, I wonder would you be better to contact ATN directly. Out of curiosity, how do you find festivals/gigs in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

More terrible news for nick Cave . Wonder where that leaves the gig ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

Both festivals I've attended have been fine, I've was general camping at EP and B&S but I was wondering if access camping might be quieter as Im autistic but I might book it anyway as I broke my foot yesterday by standing on the upturned prongs of a plug and falling sideways

Advertisement