Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Oh no! Feck. I hope you recover quickly and well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I have two tickets I want to sell.

Any advice on the best way to do that? Is it even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Hoping there's still one or 2 surprises left in terms of announcements. It seems a bit light of international acts compared to previous lineups. Theres still tonnes to see but lots of Irish acts that I could probably catch any odd weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Orbital was a fantastic little addition last minute in 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm still hoping this might happen with Iggy Pop.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭RINO87

100%! He's a big loss to the lineup for me. I'd be slightly concerned that they would be able to afford another headliner tho, prices of everything gone thru the roof, which must have a big impact with tickets selling at 2020 prices, sales seem slow in general for festivals this year.

When do the bus tickets go on sale I wonder?

I have everything else bought in anticipation. Super excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Thanks. For now I've used the Sell feature on Ticketmaster which I just noticed I'll see how that goes (not sure if anyone here has any experience they can share?)

I'll try Toutless later if needed, I'm assuming the name on the ticket doesn't have to match the ID of who uses it to enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Stillill42

No, it doesn't have to match. The resale feature is fine and I have used it in a pinch before. They don't guarantee a sale and they will sell the ticket on at an inflated price, just to be aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Have people received their tickets yet? I was on installment plan back in 2019. I thought I had one payment left but I was on to ticketmaster customer service last month and they assured me it was already paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

25 acts added but think more significant is Ghostpoet pulling out. https://nialler9.com/all-together-now-add-25-live-acts-to-the-festival/

Mik Pyro! I was only listening to the Republic of Loose the other evining thinking I'd love to see them at a festival this summer, they were cracking live!

Was listening to the Steady Song few weeks back for first time in ages. Didn't remember those lyrics ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Tempted to go to this more so because i had a good experience at the 2018 one (aka the good one) than the line-up, usually would need a couple of more "mainstream" acts to at least tide me over, but find I can make do if there is a few cover bands or DJs playing some well known tunes etc out in the small stages and usually just have good craic anyway.

I see sing along social is there, is there going to be other things like that do you think? Something like Attention Bebe would be great. I think they had Bingo Loco Djs at it in 2018. what is the ping pong disco?

I wasn't there in 2019 but obviously just heard of people stuck for 5/6 hours in traffic, have they given assurances yet about this year?

I would think the campsite being open on the Thursday is part of the plan to help alleviate traffic problems on the Friday. They have surely learned their lesson tho, and won't ever attempt to filter nearly all the traffic across a single bridge in the middle of carrick on suir. I would hope whoever signed off on that plan won't be let near it this year. The approaches from the south were practically empty, which shows there was lots of spare capacity, if some of the traffic was just routed that way.

We were lucky, coming from the Cork side, we swung up by Kilmacthomas and literally drove straight into the car park, same as the year before (think it was red car park, closest the campervans anyway), so did not experience any of the traffic woes that others did. Because of this we found 2019 to be just as good, if not better than 2018 (apart from the rain on Sunday), so would have high hopes for this year :)

Anyone know when the bus tickets will be on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

is there a bus service from dublin operating? there wasn't in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Completely out of the loop here but who are some of the big acts playing at this?

Had a great time at Wild Roots drifting around watching all the main acts but not up to date on the latest music.

I got a drive in 2019 but a few of my mates got the bus for sure.

Surely Marathon, they do all the other Festies?

• Advertisement

There's a train from Dublin and Bus Eireann shuttle from bus depot to festival site. Not sure if there's a private bus doing it or are people organising it. Be good if festivals which try to be sustainable could link people up for car pools or bus shares. Especially with the cost of petrol and diesel these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nomoedoe

Is the main campsite opening or just the campervan one?

Yeah there is a bus that goes there direct from the quays my friend confirmed he got it in 2019.

Tickets not on sale yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Yeah, the main campsite is open on Thursday. You need a ticket for it.

Tickets — All Together Now

Not sure on how much there will be going on. But at the very least it will be nice to avoid any rush on Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Have many folk on here plumped for the Thursday access? We're doing general camping for the first time this year following the Tangerine Fields debacle of 2019, but will be arriving Friday due to babysitting arrangements. Hoping the Thursday access doesn't fill up the campsite too much. Will probably aim for the both sides now, as that was virtually empty last time out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭rubick

Yeah we've went for it this time. We arrived at Both Sides Now Campsite around 1.30pm last time and virtually had the place to ourselves until about 5pm. Don't think getting a spot will be an issue. Think last time most people were so pissed off that they just set up at the first spot they could on arrival and didn't even think to head down to BSN.

Yea, was very jealous standing in the massive (unnecessary) queue for Tangerine Fields, looking at the acres of space and far better food stall options of Both Sides Now. You'd have thought that was the paid option!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Is the Both Sides Now campsite close to the carpark? We squeezed our 2 small tents inbetween a couple of groups opposite the main entrance into the arena, as it was indeed the first spot we saw free! However, it only took a few minutes to nip out to the van. Not sure i'd fancy a long trek back out.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭rubick

(As long as I am remembering correctly!) the BSN site was right at the bottom end of the whole arena, next to the Tangerine Fields set up. It was actually larger than the campsite at the top of the arena next the wristband exchange, or maybe just felt like that because it was empty for so long. It is definitely further away from the car park, but about 15mins further than the upper campsite. It was honestly about 10mins max to the arena, certainly to the bandstand/Arcadia stages anyway. If you can pack for the whole festival you'd never need to go back into the car park. Get yourself a trolley, good and true.

• Advertisement

Yes, beside TF. Entrance to bandstand area is right there, little more of a walk to main arena, but nothing crazy at all (tis no Glastonbury).

would be good to park in the red car park for BSN…but not sure they’d let you in that way sans boutique ticket? Could chance it of course!

Advertisement