Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Quiet a few people have gotten it this week in work for whatever reason, all different age groups young and old,

There all grand.

Let it go for god sake

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A lot of people clearly love the idea of uploading the details of their positive antigen test online. Probably makes them feel good and that they're helping out. Very bizarre carry on if you ask me.

Post edited by namloc1980 on

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I’m triple vax’d and had COVID last month, I won’t be wearing a mask again, Tony can bite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

We can revisit when Spain and Italy bin the masks...because they will eventually.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I don't think there will be any reintroduction of restrictions by Easter.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Did you think the CMO lost his job or something once NPHET went ? He's the CMO before covid he's the CMO after covid, that's his job.

Or because they need it to avail of sick pay but sure whatever narrative suits yourself.

My brother uploaded his so he could get €350 enhanced social welfare illness benefit for being off work for the week, its either that or no pay.

My father didn't upload his because he doesn't need to avail of the state illness benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭HerrKapitan

There is a new NPHET being formed. My guess they are not being set up to make sure restrictions dont come bac...soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Yes i’m quite aware of that thanks. It was just reminder that there will be a pen and piece of paper not far from his reach for writing letters.

Well the still in place in caps was as if there was shock that he's still in his job.

• Advertisement

The advisory group was mentioned in the letter when NPHET was being stood down that it (NPHET) would be replaced by a smaller group within the department. It's not a new development. Varadkar referenced it himself today

"there were certainly conversations a couple of weeks ago around potential names and people who would be invited to take part in it. I don't know for sure, but I imagine it's imminent."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

They're all grand !

Absolutely 100% spot on the money !

Just look at this lad....had to cancel VERY important shytt due to 😲 TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID !!! 😨.

Very important diplomatic stuff had to be done via the telly....😥

Yet today,just a week later,our glorious leader is grand...just grand Ted...

He has received TWO successive negative Covid-19 tests ahead of his departure from the US, and will fly home from Washington DC this evening.

The Taoiseach is said to be (disappointed to) be feeling well, symptom-free, and will be wearing a mask, 😷 as per the advice, while in Brussels.

Before reaching this decision, the Department of the Taoiseach consulted with Aer Lingus and the public health authorities.

The Country appears now to be run by a bunch of ninnies,each less capable than the other of running a sweet shop,never mind a disease infected little Island on the fringes of Europe,which,mind you is equally in the grip of terrified jittery bureaucrats who's shoulders are drooping under the weight of their facecoverings !

The message appears to be get everybody classfied as "vulnerable" before they cop-on !!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Not a real doctor either. A school principal who packed it in when the going got tough and now pontificates about ‘protecting children’. Another one of my esteemed education colleagues who believes keeping schools closed, masking kids, and denying them extra curriculars keeps them protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2022/0323/1287931-coronavirus-ireland/

The "Enhanced" SW payments represent a very valid point re The State having an interest in prolonging the Covid thing.

For over a year now this Virus has been little more than,a sometimes nasty bug.

What justification can Éire Teo have for paying it's ill folks a bonus for having a specific ailment,particularly when it's not a particularly dangerous one for the vast majority.

The bould Paul (Mr €400,000) Reid is busy churning out numbers to the Irish Indo to reinforce the message about the precarious state of the HSE,as if it were a pinnacle of efficiency pre-covid.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2022/0323/1287931-coronavirus-ireland

"Well over 5,000 staff are out of work with Covid and almost 1,000 staff are out [of work] in nursing homes across the country,'' Mr Reid said.

Jaysiz Paul bud...would ye reckon the oul "enhanced" rate payment,coupled with a Lonnng bank holiday weekend AND good weather might have antin to do with that 5,000 figure ?....🤫

If he would give over with the double whammy testing nonsense and revert back to cod-liver oil and bedrest,we might have a far more settled population !!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Are you seriously suggesting by this post that NOBODY texted in to disagree with Saint Pat? A new low even for you Penfailed.

No. That's not what I'm suggesting. I asked a simple question. You're reading too much into it. That's not really a new low for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,762 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tony says No (restrictions needed)....

Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan has told the Government there is currently no need to re-introduce restrictions despite the recent surge of new Covid-19 cases.

Dr Holohan assured Taoiseach Micheál Martin and Health Minister Stephen Donnelly that public health advice remains unchanged as daily cases rise above 21,000.

The Taoiseach’s spokesperson said Mr Martin has spoken to Dr Holohan about the rise in transmission of the virus and insisted there will be no change in policy.

“There is no change to the public health advice and the situation will continue to be monitored,” the spokesperson said.

“We continue to urge the importance of booster vaccinations to protect against serious illness as well as encouraging the wearing of masks on public transport,” he added,

Meanwhile, Mr Donnelly’s spokesperson said the virus continues to be monitored by his department, the HSE and Dr Holohan.

“At this point the advice to the Minister for Health is that there isn’t a requirement for any legally binding restrictions or measures,” he said.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/tony-holohan-says-there-is-currently-no-need-for-new-covid-19-restrictions-despite-surge-in-cases-41480803.html

I'm genuinely shocked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

I'm writing this while lying on the floor..... I slid off the damn chair with the shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'm not either. Whatever about Tony and NPHET (and I disagree with quite a lot of what they did), when they felt restrictions weren't needed anymore due to Omicron they dropped them immediately. And they know it'd be a very hard sale to bring them back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The narrative that virus is only transmissible within the hospitality sector has been shattered so they can never justify another lockdown. England want people held accountable for the little lockdown they had to endure. We had one of the worst and our media and large swathes of the population are constantly arguing why restrictions should be brought back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

whats wrong with pat kenny that hes mad for restrictions back so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

He’s old. He’s wealthy. He can work from home. He won’t lose any money. He only cares about himself. I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Completely agree, I think they didn't realise fast enough that restrictions weren't needed with omicron but once they did, restrictions were dropped like a lead balloon

I think Tony realises he got it wrong back in December and doesn't want a repeat, to be fair he knows more about omicron now than he did back then as well so that must help matters

• Registered Users Posts: 26,965 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Had expected the thread to quiten down but hear we are again.

I'm genuinely surprised with the numbers , I wasn't overly concerned until I saw hospital numbers rise and I do accept its not entirely clear if those admitted were in Hospital because of covid. I also have to admit I'm amazed at the amount of people I know personal who escaped covid for 2 years and now have it, entire families actually.

I felt face mask wearing shouldn't be mandatory but I assumed there would be at least some caution and people would wear them in very crowded situations. I'm actually taken aback how quickly the masks disappeared, literally over night.

Also stunning is the general silence from CMO and government. It was only in the past few days Leo spoke and it was predictably utter nonsense.

But my reason for posting tonight is a Hospital appointment I had yesterday. Midlands based, large hospital and honestly folks it was shocking. The wild west wouldn't describe it appropriately.

Absolutely no temp checks, waiting rooms jammed packed, no social distancing , few people wearing mask properly , I was genuinely gobsmacked and I might add I was in an outpatient clinic, NOT A&E , I can only assume that was chaotic.

The staff as always excellent but my god they were exhausted looking and clearly stressed out.

I don't want want to be judgemental but my god from what I've seen personally, I'm genuinely shocked at total lack of very basic caution and appalled at the complete lack of any guidance from government. Were exactly has Stephen Donnelly been 🤔 Fair enough we needed to move on but my god, not give up and assume covid has been banished from Ireland. Now the HSE hinting at stopping elective surgeries and delaying care , I'm just not getting what's been going on.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

We had 20,000 daily PCR cases when hospitality was restricted, safe to say closing them did nothing then

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

boxer shorts are gross only losers wear them, it’s trunks that men wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

He is an evil sociopath, he wants 2 year olds to have masks taped to their faces.

Advertisement