Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From - US Pace - Epix (***Spoilers***)

• 25-11-2021 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭

This looks like it could be a bloody good horror series.

Produced by the Russo Brothers.

The series unravels the mystery of a nightmarish town in middle America that traps all those who enter. As the unwilling residents fight to keep a sense of normalcy and search for a way out, they must also survive the threats of the surrounding forest – including the terrifying creatures that come out when the sun goes down.

Starts in February

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I was like "Hey, That's Michael from Lost!" 🙂 No fault on him for how that story went.

Looks like the writer/director is John Griffin: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7650310/

Also wriote a Blacklist film called Crater. The kid from Invasion is in it and it's due out soon:

Russo Bros + other works on the Blacklist feels like a pretty big endorsement.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was like "Hey, That's Michael from Lost!" 

I was like "Hey, That's Augustus from Oz" 😁

Ah of course! I didn't get to see a lot of that show but he had a strong pressence in the episodes I did see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

In a nightmarish town in middle America that traps everyone who enters, unwilling residents fight to stay alive and search for a way out. But they are plagued by the threats of the surrounding forest including terrifying nocturnal creatures.

The series is set to premiere on Epix on February 20, 2022. Netflix outside of the US.

Starts tomorrow night in the States and has been getting some good preview reviews.

• Advertisement

1: Whew! That was a strong opener! Everything introduced. I can't remember anything extra from the trailers so think most everything else should be new to me.

Towards the end I was just like 😲 Why.. why why..

did she stab that dude in the neck. All I'm guessing is maybe the numbers stay in balance.. so two people have died so only two are allowed join the town

I guess these charms protect shelter/houses but they're not sure the extent of the protection

Maybe the big house place has people who know and understand the thing and the charms but they seem to be at odds with the townfolk.. maybe the non-house people are all folks who came in from the road

2: That ending.. I was all like.. Awe great.. but not really!

This show definitely has scary moment but so far the scariest for me had to be

Sara in the medical center killing the dude and then the taking out of the scalpel.. I struggled not to look away

Then the nurse and old dude dead.. noooo

So... the ending.. the kid seeing things.. earlier in the RV, the Sherriff and Doc looked at each other in a kinda knowingly way. Feels like there might be some experience with people turning somehow. I'd almost guess that's what's going on with Sara and so probably now starting with the kid.

I swear, the Doc looks familiar so I checked to see what she was in before but nothing jumps out.

She's Chloe Van Landschoot and, from her history, it looks like she's new to me https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5601722/

One extra thing about the show. The opening credits .. the look feel and sound of the song feel very True Blood like.

Just maybe a bit more serious and horror focused.

True Blood Opening Credits

Absolutely fantastic opening three episodes to the show with a great mix of tension and horror.

That ending to episode 3!

The opening theme song version of Que Sera, Sera from the Pixies is spine-tingling good and the rest of the music used if a perfect fit for the show.

3: Well..

There goes Frank. At I'm least 95% sure there goes Frank.

That underground Bunker looks like it might be important. I dunno.

Show feels like it might start bedding down after this.

Not sure how they are gonna take the story if they want to go long term and make it feel different than other survival shows (with aliens/zombies/monster etc).

Think it might be weekly episodes for the rest of em .. maybe until the netflix release.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Your comment about

The underground bunker being important is giving me Lost flashbacks. Having Michael in similar circumstances here doesn't help. 😀

So what's the story with the relationship between Colony House and Town? Seems like a cult and town not wanting contact with each other.

I know she's young but how could you choose that Colony House over a normal house. Enjoy people having sex in the open?

Will see if Jade has copped himself on now and be less of a d!ckhead.

But yeah wonder how they'll make a season out of it, never mind a series.

"Everyone stay indoors at night" "Okay" The end.

Will see what type of daytime drama they come up with. And have Sara who killed Tobey.

I'm sure they've been at least doing some research into what happened. Like who was the first and the stones. So have that lore.

10 episodes in total in this season.

I know the similarities are probably minimal but was reminded of Wayward Pines while watching this.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Advertisement

For that difference, I dunno, so I'm kinda going off what they said

Colony House: Live for the day. So I dunno, maybe a kinda resignation to being stuck there and make as much as they can while they can.

Town: Hope for tomorrow. So, maybe some effort to persevere and have some long term return-to-civilisation plan

A nice few more intersting bits this week.

Definitely a large slice of Lost from it.

yeah.. worrying similarities to lost but won't hold that against it for now

4: Victor being all battlestar gallactica like: this has all happened before and it will all happen again

Young Victor looked a bit like young Finn Wolfhard.

I really hope the makers have a plan and aren't just doing things and will figure them out later or just hope people forget about it.

Really good episode this week and I really liked the wife's question at the end.

5: Well.. it feels like they've called out the similarity to Lost.. so maybe it's not the case.

Anyway..

It felt like things were about to bed down but then.. the way the story went.. with just some subtle cues..

well.. now I'm thinking it's about to escalate.. unless

the sister.. Sara turns up dead from the overnight.

I think it'll be more a surprise when she's alive. I know she meant it to trap Tabitha but she did say there were places to hide before the talismans. So if she isn't safe due to them talking to her, maybe she will find a hiding spot.

I wonder if they asked the question "Why us?"

As for surviving the crash, they had done a few laps before they had the crash.

I hope the cocky rich guy is going to be less annoying as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I hope the show doesn't kill the crazy lady. She is one of the more interesting characters. Unfortunately the more they understand of the mystery the less interesting the show may be.

6: Oooooh no. Earlier I thought that was starting some complex mystery...

but oh no... don't open the window dude!

hardly gonna happen. too many main characters in colony house.

aside from that.. lemme see..

the soldiers in yer mans vision.. I'm not 100% on USA History but seemed to be civil war era.

digging down for these power lines seems sensible.. if there is anything sensible to be found.. some kinda of bunker to be found underground maybe.

adding that to [The Others (TM)] saying they watched the priest bury the bag.. maybe there's surveillance tech all over the place.

A nice bit of carnage this week

• Advertisement

7: Well.. That episode was titled: All Good Things

and from Star Trek I know that is a saying of two halves. All Good Things must Come to an End.

So..

there goes colony house..

the tree teleport .. treeportation? .. seems to have a better than zero chance of survival

I don't think it was a big surprise that Victor has been there ages since they showed his flashbacks already

Guessing the Sherriff and Sara .. and maybe someone else.. will follow up on the Priests journey plan.

Oh..

and that hole for finding the wires sure is getting deep

I meant to say eariler that all the ghost, vampires, dead whatever they are... All look like they are from the 1940's/50's just from the clothing they are wearing

I know it was mentioned previously about the number of deaths before finding the stones, but hearing Donna mention how the majority of the ones in Colony House are there less than a year is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No one watching?

First episode was ok, second and subsequent not so much and only really picks up again in E7

But it's a decent watch

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have watched episode 1 - very solid first episode.. i am a sucker for these type of shows...I'm intrigued!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

First episode was ok, second and subsequent not so much and only really picks up again in E7

It's a decent watch - but I expected more horror from the earlier episodes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

Slower episode this week to let things calm down.

Good to see the flashbacks to show Boyd's story. Wonder if Abby went crazy by herself or if she started hearing voices.

2 episodes left. I expect the season cliffhanger to be they get in touch with someone over the radio and/or Boyd finds another town and/or we get new arrivals who are somehow important. Maybe they know about the town.

The dog seems to imply there are other people maybe.

After Boyd's story this week, I'd say we could get the establishment of Colony House next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Not a fan of flashbacks they just seem like lazy writing to me and kill the momentum. Given the amount of characters they at killing off I hope they end the show in one season even if they don't answer every question/ explain every mystery

Advertisement