Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From - US Pace - Epix (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I just finished episode ten today and have a theory.

The monsters are powerered by people and that is why they need more people to keep coming because they eat the people and they in turn power the electricity at night by the floating dust that we seen around Tabita when she broke through whatever it was she broke through.

It's either that or something else below is somehow powering the electricity and the monsters have nothing to do with it at all but they live below the town during the day not in the forest and come up into the town through the Forest at night.

I also think that the house that Thabita and Co were in is not safe anytime now.

I look forward to season 2.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom_Tripland

Saw some episodes but I could say that he left a strong presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good opening episode to season as the mystery deepens even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

All I thought of when seeing that ending

I'm guessing the unconscious guy will wake up at a bad time and start making noise and/or scream for help.

Now wondering who the new guy is who seems to know of the place but didn't seem to be familiar to anyone and didn't seem to react when off the bus, though he wasn't conscious long enough. Can't be a coincidence his seizure happened as the house was collapsing.

But, again, this is approaching hatch levels of theorising.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps the new fella had a déjà vu moment, and knew where the bus was heading? In the first series it was made clear that all the people had been there before, but none of them remembered it. He might have a few more déjà vu moments as the series progresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

don't want to read too much of thread for spoilers etc is season 1 worth getting into ?

thanks

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

What day and time is it on Sky Sci-Fi at? I can't for the life of me find it yet and neither can my Sky planner.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Going by geektown, there's no start date for it over here yet

Ms

That's OK. I watched by other means :)

Can't be arsed waiting lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.1: Solid storytelling by these writers. They caught me up without needing a recap and brought on the story. Mystery deepens indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Gonna need to start getting some answers else people will get bored with it - don't need another Lost

Well one problem can be solved now. Once the 2 get out of the tunnels, they can let everyone know where the creatures sleep during the day and they can go down and kill them all.

Though I'm sure that's not them all or there's a lot more to them.

I was half expecting something like the sleeping creatures in the film I Am Legend. Yeah very few of em here and the cages.. wierd.

Good to get reminders of why they shouldn't stay out.

Now more mysteries added. Have they answered anything yet apart from where they got the stones?

And clearly a lot more supernatural so easier to wave off than Lost which pretty much just had a few unexplainable things.

Mysteries so far: Creatures, stones, tree on road, why can't they leave, voice on radio, who turns on the diner radios, teleporting tree, where did Sara go, Martin and that whole thing, what's under Boyd's skin, How did Elgin know the place yet didn't know to be indoors at night but seems connected, creepy spider webs, is it just a coincidence that Kristi's fiance was on the bus and more I can't think of now.

I know they have to keep something for future seasons but it seems they add more and more stuff without addressing any of it.

If they don't start addressing things soon, they'll just look like Lost and seem like they're making it all up for the sake of having mysteries and twists.

And people will stop watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I really liked the first season, and I am not someone who needs everything spelled out when I'm watching/reading something, but it really is starting to look like they're making this up as they're going along. Having said that I hope I'm wrong.

I'm a patient man and can wait for answers. The problem is when they have so many questions then they're either cancelled or told it's their last season, which will happen if viewer numbers decline.

Trying to Google the ratings are hard because of the name. And anything I find is from season 1.

2.2: Mystery intensifies! You know.. the whole few opening scenes along with the recap had an awful Lost feeling to them..

indeed.. what is under Boyd's skin.. what are these darker things..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It has definitely been in Lost teritory since the start but still enjoying it. The supernatural entity that must be controlling the town obviously feeds off the population but mustnot want overpopulation so just added the latest batch as the population got too low. I do wonder why it brought yer wans girlfriend or someone who been there before or just was dreaming about the town

Well that was pretty messed up with Kelly. And I assume if it was some message to Boyd, Brian and Kelly were just unfortunate victims and not just brought there for the purpose. Or maybe both. Same way Kristi's fiancée was brought.

At first I thought Kelly looked like the the main mother or daughter.

• Advertisement

2.3: Felt like a whole bunch of building connections and storylines. Nothing really new or big.

I didn't feel a huge connection to yer wan at the tree but definitely was looking through fingers at the end.

The kids and the puzzle. I'm not sure those kids aren't human. Feels like they could be kidnapped by the monsters.

That new guy from the bus, feels like he'll either kick something off towards the end of the season.. or maybe join the Sherriff team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yes, I hadn't heard of it till very recently, came across it while browsing tv shows on RT - I would say if you're into Stephen King-esque type horror/mystery then you will enjoy it. It's great popcorn stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's only start of season 2 ... do you want it to be over already? I can't see it go more than another season if they do decide to drag it out - Mystery series don't often have longevity, for example Yellow Jackets season 2 has lost me already, they really are just drawing it out - but From, so far is holding my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

I'm trying to remember, where do the people think Sara is, or do they just think she ran off?

2.4: Hmmmm. The township about to go through some restructuring I'm guessing. Hard times too.

Guessing, stuff is going to start slipping and sliding with Kenny not helping Boyd and Boyd himself dealing with whatever got into his arm.

Maybe this new dude on the bus becoming a deputy or causing some kinda trouble or both.

The Matthews family look set to figure stuff out. Just what if Ethan is destined to end up like that other kid that Victor keeps seeing.

Good question. Hard to remember after so long. Yeah I think that she ran off but that the priest had actually taken her. Then Boyd took her for the journey in season one.

How long until the bus a$$hole sees the error of his ways?

2.5: That episode.. I think.. was one of the top episodes of From.. for being an episode of From.

It didn't make huge strides in any particular story or push the big story along.. just it was a really well made episode of From.

Many of the characters interactions and their scenes all just worked really well.

I think I started noticing it when Elgin went into the church.

I was like... this isn't funny.. but what's happening to Elgin and how they were slowly revealing to him that people died and Sara was a murderer.. I found myself laughing at the dark/bleak humour or something of it. There must be a word for that.

The twinkle scene was done well.

The creepy kids was done well. It feels like they are only a maybe baddie. Maybe they are not. I dunno. They could be kid monsters for all I know.

The bit of a montage at the end was done well.

Can't believe yer wan went after the morphine. Guessing she's an addict of some kind. Haven't a clue what/why/how morphine like that works

I had this image of him maybe setting up a trap for the monsters. Total guess but maybe he could go that route.

2.6: Oh! This is big!

If it dies, then there's a way to fight back, maybe get rid of em.

I'm half guessing the whole thing with Boyd might have been those spiders in the woods ages ago

If Jim is right and they are all being watched, maybe the monsters are penned as well and the controllers are using the spiders to keep them there

Or I could be way off.. 😀

• Advertisement

Oh great. Add more confusion to the whole thing with the blood.

Didn't they address where the food comes from before?

Advertisement