Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From - US Pace - Epix (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just finished Season 1 and it really reminds me of Lost and I loved every season of that show. It is probably answered in season 2 but I think it was the Bartender who answered Jim on the radio.

Anyway watching on Paramount+ So will kick on to Season 2 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

3 episodes into season 2 - definitely in the vein of Lost, without a budget, done horror style. Easy watch, with a drip-feed of wtf'ery, where the protagonists themselves continually wonder aloud the possibilities of what's going on, the way real people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Episode 7

The stupidity of people when examining unknown creatures always makes me laugh. Like if that was me I would be wearing a mask, at least. Especially when we know there's something infectious in there. Though at least they wore gloves. And I'm sure they could've found somewhere else to keep the body.

Jim's going to become really annoying, isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Was it not revealed the daughter was gay? was it never brought up again. I'm glad to see the characters are finally revealing some of the secrets to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2.7:

F*ck me! I fu*king lifted right outta my chair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I love From. Loved the ending of the 6th episode. The only part of From I do not like is the intro and the The theme tune. Hopefully they change it for season 3 if there is one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Just watched episode 7.

Some freaky ****.

So I am thinking shoot the monsters with the bile in a dart or a bullet

Also Oh no not Elgin.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It is a great show, I do hope we get a season 3. As for the theme I love it The Pixies do a creepy version of Que Sera Sera with Frank Black doing his best impersonation of Leonard Cohen.

The theme tune and opening reminds me of True Blood

New episode

Hmmm, so the a$$hole bus guy can't be trusted? I did not see that coming.

Yet more questions now about the dreams.

I thought we would see Fatima when Elgin woke up since the creature seemed to be wearing a similar dress to what she would wear. Like she was trying to wake him from his nightmare.

• Advertisement

2.8: A lot of stuff moving at the same time and fast. Not sure what's going to happen but maybe

Donna is dead... not sure though. A lead character.. maybe. They did it last season.

Maybe not though, maybe the monsters won't come out. Maybe something worse is coming out this night. The words Kenny heard mentioned something about three? was it? maybe three guaranteed deaths.

2.9: Alright, next episode is the season finale and that's definitely got the feel of a setup for it.

The rhyme seems to be suggesting..

Three people going to be affected by something. Last week I was guessing they'd die. I dunno.

Anyway, looks like it's gonna be Julie and the two new arrivals Marielle and Randall. I've a guess that maybe the Cicadas do some mind control but I dunno really. Looks like the dreams are a form of mind control already. It all feels a long stretch from where I was thinking about the spiders from season 1.

The tower now feels important, I'd half guess that was the place Boyd was or imagined he was when he was infected by the dude chained to the wall. The kids weren't there though, they were in the cave .. it's all very mixed up for me.

Haven't seen the boy in white in ages. Maybe for the finale.. I guess in real-life (tm) he might be busy in school and all that.

Looked like the tower was a lighthouse as there seemed to be yellow at the top of the picture.

Ms

Episode 2.9

A lot happening in that episode.

So I would say thats the bus guy dead. What a horrible and lonely way to go even if it is just in his mind but he has no one to blame but himself. 

I think these Cicada things are in there mind. They are imagining it and that is what killed that Women and possibly Bus guy and maybe marielle too. 

Doctor never should have left her alone. I think once you are alone that's when you go awol now.

It looks like the silver bullets are not working anyway.

I think they need to find more of them worms that were in the Sheriff. That is the only way to kill the monsters.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Well I guess that's the season finale then. Not the best episode compared to the one before it but it was OK.

So I guess Tabita is out then. I wonder why Victor's Mum never made it that far and fair play to Boyd for not listening to the Ghost which was obviously only trying to feed itself.

They must feed off humans somehow.

That's what was happening to the old man that Boyd found that gave him the worms but he was not enough fir them but once they had three to feed on they were getting powerful and able to make people think that there was Cicados and made them die in there dreams.

That's my theory anyway.

As for why that kid pushed Tabita out of the lighthouse I do not know.

Maybe they did not want her telling everyone else in the town about it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

and.. that's the end of season 2! Solid build on season one. More mysteries but they did give answers to others.

Ankhooey!

2.10: Wherein I was like w..t..f .. followed by.. WTF! Well. Well.. so, I'll be wanting to know more about that!

So. There's a way back to the real world. The boy in white knows it and seems to be on their side. Though Victors mother didn't come back so I wonder is Tabitha trapped out there with no way back now.

This whole lighthouse tower reminded me of the foghorn from the ending episodes of season one.

I'm guessing Randall is having some introspection and might... MIGHT .. smarten up for season 3.

I was a bit on edge during the wedding. I thought the dude with the shotgun was gonna turn up there. Boyd gonna be needing those pellets extracted early enough in season 3.

Solid finale. All the scenes were well done I thought.

Strongest scene I thought was the one between Kenny and Kristi where they talked about the thread.

Future: Yes, season 3, give!

Though.. I do remember Lost visited the real world at some point so .. still remembering this is by some of the Lost folks

Please tell me it's been renewed for Season 3?

I think i understood more reading the various theories proposed in this thread as i think I have lost track of everything that is happening in the show. I think early in season 3, if they get one, they will have the people start putting somethings together.

So From Season 3 hasn't been officially confirmed yet plus expect delays due to the writers strike could be over a year before season 3

It's going to be such a long wait for Season 3 😭

How long has passed since the family first got to the town?

Think the wee boy is the only one there that risks showing the passage of time is wrong.

So here we go again with the "limbo" theories. Not sure how her supposedly waking up will be explained.

• Advertisement

Limbo is not supposed to be a hellish environment, though. According to Catholicism anyway.

But then Limbo in Supernatural wasn't exactly a safe place. And another show that released within the last year that I won't name due to spoilers but anyone who has seen it will know. Maybe not Limbo but somewhere between life and death.

Not sure. I remember checking the wiki for it yesterday: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_(TV_series)

A third season is reported to be in development.[13] It is reported to begin filming in July 2023 and wrap by December.[14][better source needed]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This is all going very Lost for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Homelander

Enjoyed the season but a bit glacial at times in terms of answers.

My only real question on the finale is, is Tabitha really out? Or just transported into a bigger, self-contained town like what we saw in Wayward Pines. Speaking of, anyone who's digging From would like Wayward Pines, very similar premise and it works as a standalone S1. They made S2 but it wasn't very good and got cancelled.

Her being genuinely out would add a decent extra thread to S3.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

That would be an ecumenical matter, Ted.

The one that may not be named, in the last year - as about limbo being somewhere between life an death - was about stasis, or am I am reading your reference wrong? - coz I'd assume you mean

The show about being somewhere between life and death that I'm thinking about is three years old -

Alice in Borderland

I would guess she is out, im going along the lines of Alien abduction or some kind of multiverse

• Advertisement

The second one. I meant we only found out in the latest season.

Advertisement