Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From - US Pace - Epix (***Spoilers***)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I thought season 2 finale was a bit of a let down given how good the penultimate despite was. I liked the cliffhanger ending though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

From has certainly joined the plethora of wtf'ery shows of recent years by upping the ante in this season 2 finale. In the not too distant past, most shows of this ilk might have hovered between 'is it supernatural or natural?', but now there is the extra layer borrowed from philosophy of mind and science fiction known as the 'brain-in-box-in-the-box' thought experiment; 'is it all a simulation?', which is the modern version of 'is it all a dream?'.

The use of the horror element of the monsters has the air of the supernatural fantasy in it, but which may be neutralized by the notion of dreams as natural, or even a simulation. It's all a heady mix of wtf'ery which I've quite enjoyed. All the elements seem to be those of a shared dream, as an enactment of shared fears, but dreams shared doesn't seem quite right ... unless they are really shared simulations, strengthened by the manner of Taibitha's exit - though it could still be a narrative of a dream within a dream. I think, actually, at the moment, that's where it's at; this all seems to be the mythical quest fantasy of young Ethan, who has incorporated the fears of others from real life into his literal nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hadn't heard of this until less than a week ago. It's on HBO here. Terrible show name!

Finished s1e6 last night. It's really good. Thankfully they knocked the Lost plot on the head this episode. If it had gone that route I'd have not been happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,107 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 started on Sky Sci Fi the 25th of July and is repeated later in the week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Finished season 1 last night. Last episode was disappointing.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Finished this last night. I actually enjoyed series two more than series one. Pleased we actually saw Tabitha go into the lighthouse, I was expecting it to end there.

I think if you accept from the outset that you're not going to get a lot of answers and just go with it then you'll be a lot more satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Finished season 2 so up to date. Overall enjoyable but a bit too much mystery. Getting 'Lost' vibes where it's just one unexplained mystery after another with ultimately little pay off, remains to be seen whether that'll happen though. The horror elements are great. The characters are well written in the sense that they are reacting as you'd expect different personalities to react in that kind of absurd situation

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I don't really do trailers, so didn't sneak a peak. Delighted there's a good wtf'ery show back on the horizon. TV land has been missing that brand of mind-grinding for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭nachouser

My only gripe is there was A LOT OF SHOUTING AND SCREAMING in the various episodes.

Advertisement