Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NASCAR 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Carnage!

I turned it on half hour in, I haven't seen more than 5 laps without a yellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Talledega is on Freesports at the moment btw, Logano out after flipping and collecting Larson.

Race will probably be decided by a pile up at the end ,happy to see di Benedetto running so well

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Keselowski got it done, drove well but the win fell into his lap. Nine different winners now through ten races.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Completely forgot about NASCAR this weekend after watching Formula e and Indycar!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Great race, really enjoyed it.Sorry to see Logano flip out so early.Interesting to see various drivers being strong at the front for a period of time,only to be replaced by another driver eg Bubba,Hamlin,Matty D,Byron. Last lap was something else,as usual on Superspeedways,cars crashing on the last lap only for Brad K to get through and up to the line 1st.

Last 18 laps... Should be good

The toughest track of them all tonight. Darlington is known as the Lady in Black and the track too tough to tame. Everybody hits the wall here.
    Anyways I fancy Joey Logano tonight, his results have been excellent with the 750 hp package which is in use tonight. Truex has won two races with this package and Hamlin hasn't been outside the top three using this package. I think Matt di Benedetto has a chance as well, he's been driving well and seems to enjoy tough tracks.

Will give it a go tonight. Need a race which is unpredictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

eagle eye wrote: »
    The toughest track of them all tonight. Darlington is known as the Lady in Black and the track too tough to tame. Everybody hits the wall here.
    Anyways I fancy Joey Logano tonight, his results have been excellent with the 750 hp package which is in use tonight. Truex has won two races with this package and Hamlin hasn't been outside the top three using this package. I think Matt di Benedetto has a chance as well, he's been driving well and seems to enjoy tough tracks.

What channel and time? Thank you!

• Advertisement

What channel and time? Thank you!

START TIME: 3:30 p.m. ET. which is 13 minutes ago, not sure on channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

Its on FS1 and TSN4 now if your streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Found it on premier sports 2! Thanks!

Some cool retro livery for tonight's race.

Great finish, though Larson was going to get there. Truex three wins with the 750hp package now.

Some heat in Texas for this race. This All Star system is interesting. $1m up for grabs.

I've a sneaking suspicion that Alex Bowman will go well tonight. His crew chief Eric Ives was very interesting to listen to the other night.
    Kyle Busch has been getting better by the race so has to have a chance.
    Basically it'll be Busch vs the Hendricks boys I think.

Noticeably, the TV crew on site and all teams without masks and interviews are up close. And during the Indycar race in Detroit this weekend it was the same. Perhaps things have turned a corner in US.

Entertainment value before these pre-heat races is brilliant. Great craic for Texas Motor Speedway fans!

Anyone watching the NASCAR race this evening at IMS? Kerbing has torn up loads of cars on the restart. Mayhem ensues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

This is what happens when you let huge stock cars with low-hanging splitters and no minimum ride height rules onto a road course 🙄

NASCAR is great craic. Harvick sends Elliott into the wall earlier in the race. Elliott hunts him down, but under the heat of a chasing No.9, Harvick missed a corner and hits a wall. I feel Elliott will get his payback to Harvick in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Jacques Villeneuve just won his first Euro Nascar race - is that his first win in any series since being an F1 driver??

What's the format these days? Whoever finishes highest of the contenders in the last race wins?

Yes, pretty much that! I think it's only 4 drivers.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Only really got into it this year having had a passing interest previously.

I love the way the drivers make no secret of the fact they don't particularly like each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Red flag with 9 laps to go at Daytona

• Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ricky S with the Irish Spring sponsorship. Top of the morning to ya 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Didn't bring him much luck there 😂

• Advertisement

Jaysus am I the only one who thought the defending of the lead at the end was beyond fair? I mean he put someone into the wall which later triggered a wreck and then just bashed into the car trying to get part on the inside. One thing at Martinsville or w/e but a bit much at 200mph.

Advertisement