Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ MilkyToast

I saw it on Twitter. It wasn't this tweet in particular I don't think but it looks like the same video. https://twitter.com/abirballan/status/1485544167002488832

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭ darced

Well I have the same name as my father so just used his pass, yeah I think I won 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭ mcsean2163

I don't know where to begin.

Maybe look at influenza vaccine. The vaccine is typically ineffective after six months. The covid19 vaccine wears off too hence the need for more.... It's not like a polio vaccine that gives life long immunity.

• Advertisement

If you're ever wondering why the lockdown went ok on so long have a read of this

in fairness, doctors in hospital find it hard to relate the deadly 2020 wave to Omicron and fair play to NPHET this time for ending the pandemic but still seems a lot of people want to work from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭ User1998

I don’t see much wrong with that thread tbh. Its not as if they are saying they are anxious about going back because they don’t feel safe in the workplace or because they are vulnerable etc.

I think I’d be the same if I had to go back to commuting etc.

• Advertisement

Not saying there's anything wrong but I am saying there is a cohort happier with restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭ User1998

To be fair, they are happier working from home, they don’t mention anything about being happier with restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,744 ✭✭✭✭ astrofool

See, you're still.posting complete nonsense about the effectiveness of vaccines, its still the binary works or doesn't work when even at the very beginning, everything was percentages, now, hopefully we're at the end stage of this and it won't matter soon and this is one last attempted mental gymnastics.

I mean, nothing you've posted is in any way scientific, why pretend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭ Mecanudo

Ah yes angry people randomly yelling at everyone else - that would have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭ kirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭ Mecanudo

If it's anything like a lot of the posts on this thread - then yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement