Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 179club

Nice very nice. Wear very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

You sure? I test drove an Earth today and definitely had to press the button to unlock the door. And on that note....why are the buttons on the edge of the key?!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

it can be enabled or disabled on vehicle settings, will enable it tomorrow.

Another Q - can the colour of the ambient lighting be changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Just caught your video, you mentioned the air filtering and ambient lighting isn't available, both of these are listed on the spec as included in all models. Are you sure there isn't some menu somewhere that for configuration? I noticed in one UK video instead of a little colour wheel for light selection it was a list of presets, so it might be just a software thing. Is that what you're seeing. Good call out on the manually adjustable passenger seat, I never copped it on the spec sheet or on the test drive. If it's any consolation it's the same in the UK.

I'd be annoyed myself if the car doesn't match the spec.

One thing I was confused about was the automatic lane change support under highway driver assist, can anyone confirm if this actually works in Ireland. The kia dealership mentioned we don't get the side radar to allow for it but there where unsure. Personally I cannot see myself ever using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

I have it on the Ioniq and it works in Ireland. Software seems to be the same so no reason why it doesn’t work on the EV6

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

Mind me asking what price ppl are paying. I am paying cash with no trade in. 55k on the button dealt in mid November.

Local dealer and I know the salesman so didn't haggle at all

GT line btw. Earth model was 51,400 at the time

€55,575 including delivery and premium paint.

Agh cool same ballpark so. What colours are premium? I went yacht blue but price seemed same no matter what colour I picked.

In case anyone is interested I used a company ev infra to install my charger. Very happy with their quality of work and pricing was transparent.

• Advertisement

According to the spec, they're all premium, which I guess is true as they are all metallic paint but some dealerships present the default white as non premium. I got the yacht blue as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

See, this is a problem for me, the EV6 is a super looking car (not without it's faults as pointed out in many YT reviews)...

But the Model 3 is €49,746 right now and if you are driving around Ireland the SuC network destroys eCars (and soon Ionity)

EDIT Correct from stating Model S to Model 3

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Where do you see this price for the Tesla Model S? When I go to the Tesla Ireland page, this is all I get....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Custom Order page on the Model 3, choose RWD with no added options to get to the price I quoted

Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

EDIT, Apols, I typed Model S instead of Model 3, duh!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Tesla model 3 is a nice car, not without it's own limitations. Less range than the EV6 earth, and less features but has the brand and the charging network.

I think with modern battery sizes the focus on charging infrastructure will shift. Like, paying a premium for the same electrons you have at home but at the pump?

I've a deal for 56,500 with a 40,000 trade in against it..not sure if I could have done better...there's 55000 being thrown around and I said that to sales man .then he said there's delivery and metallic paint as extra ?

They're not really allowed to do that and qualify for the grand. It's mean to be l as than 55 if you do t upgrade the paint. Kia credit .ie has the official pricing.

With a trade in it could be all smoke and mirrors though... E.g. they'll sell it to you for 55,000 and give you 38,500 for the trade in...

Funny, not to turn this into a model 3 thread but every person I tell I've gone electric they automatically say "Tesla?" And lose interest when I say Kia!

People are stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shanoh

Highway assist worked a treat for me today on GT Line. Setting cruise speed and assist was a doddle then I just indicated and it moved out for me. Once I started indicating before a car had fully passed me and it alarmed and refused to move. So if not radar then I guess its using side camera. Whole system really reduced driving stress and fatigue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

strange, I tried this a couple of times on mine today and indicating just disabled the lane change warning & steering assist but the car made no attempt to change lane 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Sorry to ask but do you have an Irish model ? Doesn't do it on my GTLine

Officially it's not on the spec so doesn't look good for being a general feature

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shanoh

Now I think I must have imagined it... it was on curved road so maybe it just naturally veered into the next lane when the indicator turned off LKA. I only did it twice so I guess I am wrong if it's not on the spec list. Will investigate more tomorrow and report back! But the autonomous driving within the lane is definitely great.

The Irish AA blog says HDA 2 is a feature for the EV6 and some early press releases from different dealerships said it was as standard. Other dealerships are saying it will only be available on the GT spec due later in the year. Maybe it was for cost reasons or maybe they just wanted more of a gap between trim levels.

Yes the Irish Spec sheet doesn't mention HDA or HDA2, whereas the UK spec sheets has HDA as standard and HDA2 standard on GT-Line S and GT models. I'd imagine some of the early press was based on UK specifications.

Sloppy reporting I think. Sure I saw a new video by the AA yesterday talking about the ambient sounds in the car. Not sure what I was expecting tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

When I go on the motorway with the ev6 a "HDA" logo turns itself on the screen in front of the steering wheel and "NAV" comes up beside it... Didn't think much of it until reading your comment here saying its not available?

yep, we have HDA (lane keeping and steering assistant) but not HDA2 which also has the lane changing assistant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I was quoted 55k for non-trade in today and 57k if I was trading in. The dealer told me that some of the dealers are charging more for non-trade ins regardless.

Advertisement