Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

How long before departure should the pre-heating by set, does it depend on outside temperature?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

It comes on 30 mins before your scheduled departure time

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Getting our EV6 next week, it's in stock in the dealers since earlier in the week and will have the inverter replaced before delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I cant answer for the EV6 but the two EV's that I've owned that had remote cabin heating adjust automatically based on the current cabin temp, your desired temp and the outside temp. Its not a set amount of time.

What is the EV6 actually asking you for.... is it a start time or a departure time? If its a departure time it should mean that it will decide when it starts itself based on all those parameters.

So, if you set departure time to 8am it will decide how much time it needs to ensure the cabin is at your desired temp at 8am. That might mean it starts at 7:50 or it might start at 7:15. Depends on how cold it is.

If its just a "start now" option you are clicking on an app or something, then that will run for a set period and auto turnoff to ensure it doesnt drain the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think on our Ioniq 5 it starts pre heating 30 mins before departure time (If you have requested it to do so). The missus said car was far too hot at 22C so she will turn down to 18 or 20 next time. Looks as though atm you cannot start pre heating from app when plugged in, which would be my preferred way if was my driver. I rarely leave house at a set time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think on our Ioniq 5 it starts pre heating 30 mins before departure time

So, exactly 30mins before, no matter what the temp? Thats a bit of a waste but I suppose the important thing is that its at temp at departure time. If it achieves that reliably, its a win!

Looks as though atm you cannot start pre heating from app when plugged in, which would be my preferred way if was my driver.

Thats unfortunate alright. I'd regularly start heating via app. Not just when leaving from home but also leaving when away. You generally know when you are leaving within 15mins and to be able to quickly press a button in the app and remotely heat it, is a nice feature.

You can pre heat the i5 no problem from the app when not plugged in, but seems silly that you cannot do when plugged in at your pre set charge limit. (And retain that charge level when leaving). Hopefully will be sorted..

" coming home tonight from Grangecastle Dublin, 120 N7/M7/M9 to Casteldermot/Carlow turn off on M9 and 50-60 rest of the way home over 70 kms. Fast charging will be very rare."

Meant to say I got 20 Kwh/100 kms which I think is pretty decent, heat set to 23 Deg C.

It would be interesting to know the battery temps but the 800volts is the key here, for the same temps the 800 volts should charge faster because internal resistance increases when temps drop which effects the amount of current that can be sent and pulled from the battery and this is where lower voltage Electrics suffer more.

I'm amazed VW didn't go with 800v for the ID cars.

Reduced power because of high temp wtf ? lol 52 deg, haven't seen the id.3 77 Kw get past 30 deg C while charging at 50 Kw lol. Even from driving, the id.3 77 Kwh hardly moves from 12/13 degrees after the battery heater switches off.

Haven't seen the id.3 pull 100 Kw yet probably because it will be a long time again before I see a fast charger and the changes of arriving with 10% charge are probably slim.

Wouldn't you think Hyundai could put better cooling system in ? why don't more manufacturers follow BMW and install a direct AC system in the battery ? supposed to be one of the best cooling systems if not the best.

• Advertisement

Can't understand why Bjorn still shows video footage of him stuffing his face, it's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 179club

Have not seen the car yet.

Car was delivered from Dealer to Detailer. Getting car Zeus and Titan coating done , glass and full wheel and brake callipers coating. Should have car this Friday 14th or Sat 15th. Detailer sent Pics of car. Paint needed stage one polish, piano black outside needs to be polished to have it the way it should be. Callipers were not perfect as had staining on them which detailer could not remove. Removed oversized KIA badge from boot. Having piano black inside ceramic coated and inside protected. I know yes I am car OCD. Yes it will cost a bit but worth it to me.

First EV and bloody expensive.

Will be putting up videos about how the car is and reasons why I bought EV6 over other EVs. Youtube title EV GEAR.

Was it one of you pups here who passed me flying in a black EV6 yesterday between Grangecastle and Penny Hill ? 😀

Not me bud. Have not seen my car yet and it is white.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Lol, don't know why, but I am enjoying his videos from Thailand. Even the food...😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

In normal driving, the EV6 doesn't warm up sufficiently for optimum charging speeds. But once you reach 25 degrees min temp and SOC is low enough, it charges at 230kW.

Try keeping temps low then. The Id.3 at 50kw doesn't compare.

Not sure if cooling can be amped up in an OTA update or there's a physical limitation on the EV6. Still, it's one of the fastest charging cars currently.

lol, well, I think it's unprofessional and it's a real turn off especially listening to him talk with food in his mouth and watching some food fall out of his mouth 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

I look forward to seeing your videos, perhaps it'll give me some insight into what I need to look out for (my paint and outside black plastics seemed fine but I wouldn't be looking as in detail as you or with the same level of knowledge).

Good luck when you get it, I've had several taxi drivers getting me to wind the window down at traffic lights for a bit of a yarn about it, I'm not used to this sort of attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

For those who bought the GT line, what was the price after the grant and including delivery.

Feel free to PM if you’d prefer.

thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Euro 55,325 in yacht blue including delivery charges

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Is this not all relative? Sure you can get a better price but are you losing it on the vehicle you are trading in then? Got the earth model for €51,000.

Post edited by Onlyzeone on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

It's not really to do with trade in. The guide price is published by kia Ireland and places should be sticking to it. There are some dealerships you I'll get an earth model for 50K including delivery in default colour, others are charging 52K for for the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

Of course it’s relative but I expected with the grant in play that it would be fairly consistent at 55K after grant . I was quoted 56650 after the grant incl delivery before my trade in was considered.

Yeah I was quoted the €54,450 before trade in was ever discussed. I then traded in an ID4 we got last March, they gave 1k less than we paid for it. It’s definitely a sellers market at the moment tho, they have more buyers than cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Was overtaken by ev6 this evening ,smashing looking car ,it was a demo with ev6 signwriting on the body .coming up a bit of a hill it died and I overtook it with ease just to grab a look again .love the rear light strip on the back

It died ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Well I wouldn't like to be facing Mount Lenster with it .I presume it was a test drive and he did not give it enough of the left leg as he passed me first with style

Advertisement