Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

I've been told it's September if you really want a GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

I was told by one dealer to expect July if you ordered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

One dealer told me July-August, another told the wife August - Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Stupid question

Picked up mine today, unfortunately they did wash and remove the plastics, already has a scuff mark near the back right hand door, not sure how it happened.

Anyway, first day things I love:

1) I love the augmented reality display. Totally not a gimmick. Warnings for lane departure, speed and cars in your blind spot is great.

2) The sun roof. I never would have bought a car for a sun roof, it wasn't even something I thought about but now that I have it, I see how much brighter and more pleasant it is to drive a car with one. It's just nice.

3) I really like the LEDs in the car it gives great mood. A previous poster said we don't get the wheel, but here it is

4) I was surprised to find the "Detect speed cameras" option...

Other stuff. I did find the option to pump in nature sounds in the car, so I think it's just the stupid fake engine noises we don't have. Heating system seems to work fine, plenty of hot air. Passenger seat is fully automatic as well (at least on the GT Line).

Thinks I cannot as yet get to work:

1) changes to the settings for lane departure assist or "Intelligent Speed Limit Assist". It doesn't seem to matter what I change here, the behaviour stays the same.

2) The Distance control feature. It's on the steering wheel but pressing the button does nothing.

Range btw was 480 on a 91% charge with 12 KM on the clock. That quick dropped as I fecked about on the M50 and with air conditioning to about 320 travelling 100km/h and all the heating going full blast in sports mode.

Anyway, great car. Very nervous of it until I get it ceramic coated.

Post edited by Manion on

This was the software version btw

Software version: CV_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210719

Firmware version: CV_E.EURO.04.210719.MICOM

Anyone know if this is the most recent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

try this link - https://update.kia.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/373/pop2

supposedly you can get the latest updates for the EV6 from there, have to be done by USB.

Also well wear sir, very jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭ffocused

That is from last July, there is a 2112** update available to install, but it’s only for infotainment. (Nice colour choice btw)

ev6 odyssey on YouTube has a good video guide on the install process.

Regarding the safety settings, on my current 211 Kia you need to be in acc mode with engine off to change all drive assist functions except LKAS which has a button on dash.

Acc mode?

Having lots of issues installing the mykia app, it gets as far as selecting a dealership and won't let me select. Multiple phones have the issue.

Acc mode is short press on start button, it turns on accessories but does not engage motor.

I assume it’s the same on EV6.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

yes it is. one short press of start button does it.

• Advertisement

Thanks, yeah I'm not sure what the issue is. I've gone through the manual, perhaps I need to enable cruise control for this to work.

Ive found the manual online btw which gives a great description of the features, https://ev6.synology.me/en/topics/chapter6_17_3.html

Remote heating doesn't appear to work, as others have commented. I can get the fans to come on and the chairs to warm up but just cold air coming out. Works fine when driving if a little cold. Is this the experience others are having ?

Happy to check out features or take photos if people have specific requests. For HDA I might need to wait till I get on a motor way.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Enjoy the new wheels ! Looks cleaner than mine :-) (Glad I'm getting it coated next week)

THe Line Assist comes on automatically everytime you start the car. Long press the button to turn it off.

THe distance setting will only work when you activate adaptive cruise control -

Yep the latest infortainement is from December (the site says November but it's Dec) - you will need a 32Gb USB key and plenty of time (about 90 mins to prepare the key and almost 45 mins , car powered on , to install it )

My experience with remote heating so far : car needs to be plugged in and charging. When I get in the car, it's not toasty but I get instant heat when I turn on the heating. During remote heat, I can actually hear the car running something (fan ? pump ? don't know) . The manual is p1ss p00r ,, all that has been trial and error + online forums

Yeah, I cranked up the temperature to 29 degrees and the fan was going like the clappers but all cold air. Turned on the engine and it started to heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shanoh

This was happening for me then I noticed the "Heat" button, once I switched that on the first time it was grand.

However my ev6 needed a new inverter and a software update at the dealers before the heating started working too.

Here is my Earth model. Was able to register with Kia connect but had to reset my existing Kia account password to complete it as the Connect app would not accept it. 24 month service interval confirmed by dealer today too, did not ask about price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Kia Sheridans in Waterford have a white GT line for sale at the moment, don't know if it was a cancelled order or what... friend of mine was picking up his ev6 there today and mentioned it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I was offered a blue GT line in Kilkenny 2 weeks ago. It was a canceled order.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 179club

• Advertisement

just back from a quick spin on motorway, and the radar distance steering wheel button only works when cruise control is active. You cannot activate it in a built up area either.

The colour wheel is found at the bottom of the default colours in ambient light menu. Choose custom colour option to get the wheel.

Yeah, the menu was slightly different to the video posted previously but it gets you to the right general area and then it's at the top.

I think the air filter thing is standard as well. At least the manual makes reference to it. Not sure how to tell if it's happening.

It's a really great car. Can't get over it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

yeah, they are a savage car. I haven't driven my car once since we got her EV6. I guess I will have to go back to the dirty diesel. Rear wheel drive takes a bit of getting used to, the rear can kick out a little bit on greasy roads. In the mid 90's I learnt to drve in my fathers 1984 Bluebird which was rear wheel drive ended up pointing the way I came from a few times.

First charge, working fine. Will try this remote heating business again now that it's plugged in.

Btw, for anyone moving insurance over with Aviva, the app is a bit pants, you have to put in a non zero engine size. The trick is to do that, press next then put in zero before clicking the next option. Eventually you'll get offered ev6 as an option. If you mess it up you need to start back at the start. Took me about 20 goes with different inputs to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 179club

Hi all EV6rs. Found the colour wheel. I used the HDA on acc and car lane changed without steering wheel moving. You must have a hand on it.

Does the earth model have ambient lighting ? Also what is this colour wheel and is it on the earth model ?

Thanks

The colour wheel is a way for you to select the colour of the ambient lighting. The car comes with about 10 presets but if you don't like those you can select any hue you want.

Yes, Earth has both ambient lighting and colour wheel.

My observations so far from 150kms driven

ipedal (max regen mode) does not hold car on an incline and it actually rolls backwards as this mode seems to disable auto hold.

ipedal is good for town driving or slow moving traffic and still deciding between level 1 & 2 for normal A/B roads.

On motorway i turn it off.

I have not tried the automatic regen mode yet.

nav update, spent hours yesterday trying to copy it over to a USB key and it kept stopping and disconnecting usb from pc. Not sure if it’s the software/pc or USB key at fault right now.

finally got it transferred and when I went to install in car, the file check process failed (which is a good thing as it could have bricked the infotainment)

The quick update gave a time of 34 minutes, the normal update will run in background while everything else works as normal so is an install option for a long drive.

There is also a delayed option but I did not check it.

I took it to cars & coffee in Portlaoise this morning and everyone who I spoke to had only positive things to say about the car.

This is a message from the app when trying to preheat while unplugged. I noticed the heating is set to ‘off’ by default which is why it does not work. While driving motor with heating mode turned off you will still only get cold air blowing so it must only be for summer months.

There are options for steering wheel and defrost in app, but no option to turn heat on in menu, this might only show up when plugged in.

• Advertisement

Regarding remote heating, I could only get it to heat the cabin when both plugged in and I had set a departure time. I tried having a departure time an not plugged in and while the climate control came on, no heat. Just turning on climate control via the App produces no heat but does allow me to turn on the heated steering wheel and seats.

Advertisement