Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭v10

Left leg? are you saying it couldn’t get up a hill? .. I assume you’re joking

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

good work getting the inverter replaced in advance of delivery, way handier than waiting of the recall

well done! Mine was €60k on the button (business purchase), although they seem to have thrown in some paint protection which I wasn't aware of at the time of ordering/purchasing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Manion

According to other forums that what they're doing for any undelivered cars since December.

The ID.3 doesn't warm the battery with normal driving either, it does heat up to 12 deg C using the battery heater but would be nice to have the option to heat to whatever is needed for decent charging speeds but getting 50 Kw ESB or 60 KW Ionity is not great to be honest when plugged in at around 35%. Hopefully VW fix this as promised sooner rather than later. My expectation is that they won't fix it until near the end of 22 and that's probably being optimistic, it's just lucky I have the 77 Kwh because the range is great and fast charging will be very rare.

• Advertisement

It's a minefield between all the different forums (this included) to figure out what solution solves each issue, my understanding is:

if you've no heating at all, you'll need the inverter + software updates (done at dealer).

if you have no remote heating but you do have heating while driving, then you'll just need the software updates (done at dealer).

I'm looking forward to being able to do OTA updates, whenever that comes. At least it's possible to update the Infotainment software at home (via a USB drive).

That's a good summary. I'm confused about the ota updates, the dealership said that was as standard. Maybe it's the nature of the update that's the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

The channel on youtube EV Odeyssey, found the chip for the wifi in the car when he entered engineering mode, he searched for it and found that it does have Wifi ability. You would hope that in time (less than a year) that updates happen over the air. It would be a pain in the ass for kia dealers/service centres to have to update software (irrespective of what it is) to have to do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

That for the GT Model? I'll be a business purchaser as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Anyone know what the lead time for ordering the GT Model is? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Might be worth checking the coolant level in your EV6, checked mine and it was below the minimum. Noticed on UK forum a few other users experienced the same thing. In with dealer now to get it topped up.

I'm being given a July delivery time initially, but that is subject to the car being able to be built in March. Deposit is going on the car tomorrow, then i think it will be a bit of a waiting game to see if the July delivery will happen or if it will get pushed out further.

Anyone advise on a Dublin based detailer? It's probably worth getting it detailed properly right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

I got mine done in Limerick. Definitely recommend getting it done. Saw mention of this Dublin based company on another forum https://cs2ireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I was stuck in town yesterday so dropped into the Kia dealership. Have to say I’m quite impressed with the EV6. It’s really tempting. I know they mentioned more earth models would be available next month. Didn’t get any dates on the gt models being available, although the Earth model is well speced . Have to say I’m a bit jealous of people that have it! It’s a great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Drive one on Friday(earth model) very nice car. Plenty of equipment. They had a GT in the show room. That’s the car to get imo. Looks amazing in white.

my quibbles would be the dash is a horrible plastic and would have preferred the roof in the GT was all glass.

couldn’t fault anything else in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Anyone here looking for/has had any success with getting a towbar fitted to the ev6? I want to get one on at some stage but was told by the dealer a month ago that the price they have received so far is €1800 and it has to be fitted by the dealer to maintain warranty... That price seems very high imo...

My purchase was for the GT-Line version (RWD, single motor) - my dealer tells me an order now will result in a September 22 delivery.

He had no clarity on whether the GT (the AWD, 565+bhp monster) is coming to Ireland. He was confident that the AWD 325bhp version was coming (original plan was not to bring this to Ireland as it would be "too expensive" as it would be above the €60k SEAI grant level for a private purchase).

I would have picked the Earth model had the seats not been white "leather" (fabric seats for me please) and had the plastic cladding around the wheel arches not been so obvious - pure vanity but the cladding (to me) makes it look more SUV than I want it to be. The earth model has a fantastic spec list. Pro-tip: if you're 6ft+, make sure you sit in a GT-Line before ordering: the sunroof eats into headspace. I'm not 5'10" and I'm close enough to the ceiling (with the seat in the lowest position) so anyone taller might struggle (depending on your preferred driving position).

I have used Flawless detailing in the past and found them good. They are based in Finglas. There is also JC autocare based around Skerries, they come highly recommended over on the detailing forum, and some of the work that they post on Facebook is brilliant. They book up fast though, April slots already being booked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Morning Lady is nearing Gibraltar and has updated it's destination to Cork, ETA Friday Jan 21st.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:5792467/mmsi:441467000/imo:9445980/vessel:MORNING_LADY

This should contain a batch of EV6, Ioniq 5 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is the EV6 coming from Korea or Slovakia?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Korea - only Sportage and Cee'd made in Slovakia I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭ffocused

All EV6 are built in Korea & boat takes 6 weeks to get here.

Mine should be on Morning Lady as dealer system has landing date of Friday 21st for my car.

They also put my SEAI grant application in this morning, so I am taking that as another confirmation of imminent arrival.

I asked if it will need the inverter fix for heating before delivery and was told it should be ok as only early builds were affected. If it was needed it should have been done in Korea pre departure, but cannot confirm yet.

I think it's great and also gas you know this. It's real people power type stuff. On the off chance my car is on that boat I contacted my dealer and he said they will have the car next week or the following at the latest. Original estimate was the end of March. Looks like I got an early slot somehow. I asked about the invertor but no word back. I think he just didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Yeah the white interior is a let down on it. I naturally like darker colours (although I like white cars!) They only had the earth model, but I’ll see if another dealer maybe has a gt version. I’m still impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 179club

Hi. Got my GT Line 17th January. Bought car from Kia Motorview Midleton Cork. Had car fully detailed, everything done by DM Detailing Lismore, Waterford. Titan coatings, three altogether. Wheels, glass, interior. Cost a fair few bob, very worth it in my opinion. Fair play to dealer. They trucked car to detailer and picked it up back to dealer. No charge to me. White and flipping stunning. I do a few Youtube video's. EVGEAR pure amateur stuff.

Can anybody tell me how to get driving sounds on car cannot find it.

Also cannot find how to get many colours on ambient lighting.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 179club

Sorry for late reply. Piano black marks so easy got that coated. EVGEAR is me on youtube A real amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

We don't get ambiant engine sounds in ireland as it's tied to the meridian sound system we also don't get

Congrats on the car, you'll love it !

• Advertisement

Morning Lady is making good progress - ETA is now a day earlier.

Due in tomorrow at 09:00am according to the Port of Cork schedule: https://www.portofcork.ie/index.cfm/page/shippingtimes

Looking good for anyone who is expecting an end of January/early February delivery.

Advertisement