Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Haven't been to the shops yet today. Many others doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭hamburgham

The government will be forever grateful to Omicron. They had dug themselves into such a hole they just couldn’t get out. So when Omicron came, they grabbed it for all it was worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭hamburgham

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Still a fair few folk here wearing them in retail but plenty aren’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

I've been to the shops and I was surprised to see so many still wearing their mask, even outside. It will take a good while for many to wake up again, to be honest I don't care as long as it is put down to personal choice/responsibility rather than mandating it. On the other end I will consider ourselves out of this when they disband nphet and scrap the emergency power, also, maybe too much to ask, but when the ones responsible for the endless discrimination implanted in the general public, the draconian measures, the foolish 9€ meal/2k rule, the obliteration of thousands jobs will be persecuted. Yes I'm just a dreamer...

Post edited by darconio on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Reddit is full of posts of people saying they want to keep wearing masks.

What's up with that site, it's absolutely 100% fake accounts isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

You make a very good point. Just what all the hullaballoo before Christmas was is beyond me. Stampeding the population into taking more vaccine, when they initially swore by a dose of two. Now trying to round up children who are basically healthy and largely unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭2011abc

Lad in a convertible car with roof down on his own wearing a mask today ,haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

• Registered Users Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Reddit's Ireland page is best ignored generally seems to be the consensus

I've no problem though with anyone wearing a mask if they want to - my problem is with forcing everyone else to wear one too for something that is of even less threat to them than it ever was.

It's not normal, I won't get used to it, the regulations never made sense anyway, and there's no justification for it at this stage - if there ever was - beyond acting as a visible reminder that there's a "crisis" and means for some of virtue-signalling compliance (something we're very good at in this country)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

This whole sh1tshow has been annoying as fukk

Huge drama from the media and politicians overreacting.

A worldwide jokeshop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Infuriating,yes...Inevitable..CERTAINLY.

It's the first of many such inside track developments which is now the priority of the Irish Administrative Establishment.

The entire pandemic fixture has been about re-entrenchment,with those principled Medical/Scientific/Political practioners heavily vilified and sanctioned within their fields,leaving numerous positions potentially available to the "Right Sort of Fellow" which Prof Nolan undoubtedly is.

The fact that his output has been,at best,open to debate,if not challenge,appears to matter not a whit as he has been consistently 0n-message throughout all the episodes of the Pandemic script.

Ireland is not alone in this,as the crackdown on professional dissent has been Worldwide,leaving sensible folk to scratch their heads,as all avenues of protest are CLOSED !

Prof Nolan is incidental in all of this,it might as well have been Agnes Brown who got the gig,what matters is that entities such as the SFI have no risen another notch on the stairway to heaven.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It's pure rumour around Ballybrack,that Pat Kenny has a big box outside his gate where the Faithful can drop off unused masks for Pat to distribute throughout has listenership from a sort of Popemobile he's having converted.

Perhaps somebody can confirm... ? 😀

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Remember that lad in your class when you were in school, the weirdo, the teachers pets, that no one hung around with? That's your average Reddit user, so I'd not worry too much about what they have to say about anything.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

We have 95% Voluntary Vaccination with 50%? Voluntarily boosted.

We are not in the same situation as France or other countries. Who give generalised advice but every country is in a different position.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

These covid worrying mask wearers with their "personal choice", if they're a big enough "cohort", can cause two things to happen....

1) Normalise mask wearing forever and make it easier for Mehole & the other clowns to make it mandatory for the rest of us on a whim

2) Generate a continued expectation, through brow beating or virtue signalling, for the rest of us to wear masks in order to "protect" them

I expect everyone to remove masks, no ifs, buts, or maybes.... if it's not a legal requirement, take it off, you're just feeding the covid theatre monster.

Mask wearing to continue

A number of public health regulations will remain in place until they are reviewed on 28 February - this includes the wearing of masks in certain settings as follows:

• Public transport, taxis and at stations/airports/ports
    • Retail premises (including shopping centres, libraries, cinemas, theatres, museums, post offices, banks)
    • Public offices and premises providing specified services and businesses (including salons, hairdressers, travel agents, laundries, dry cleaners, bookmakers)
    • Customer facing roles in premises where food and beverages are sold for consumption on the premises

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Dont care to be honest. I wont be wearing a mask again. That's the little bit of freedom i'll be taking.

I'm of the same opinion, I'll be leaving the mask in the pocket and seeing what the reaction is (apart from work where the manager is a card carrying covid worrier, and I need the money!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

AC on full blast and an air purifier running on the backseat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Honestly, I just can't see the rationale to keep the mask in place when stadiums can be full to the brim and you don't need a mask to go in.

If we keep the vaccine program up then surely there won't be any excuse at the end of February to have them still in place, considering that 3 weeks later there will be parades all around the country and the influx of tourists.

Going from one of the most locked down and restricted countries to one of the most open in Europe is some turn of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Well aren’t you the big rebel! Super impressed at your rage against the establishment! 👏

Wont be putting one back on ever again……..until someone in the shop tells me too and I’ll do as I’m told like a good boy! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Some people are very quick to use mental health to argue in favour of ending the restrictions. But the other side of the coin is that some people's mental health problems and anxiety goes through the roof when they are in close proximity to unmasked people in places where they should be wearing them, especially people at high risk or living with a high risk person. People who choose to not wear a mask in shops and transport simply don't have consideration for other people. Mask wearing is not a hardship.

People can easily avoid pubs and restaurants but shops and public transport may be a necessity. I'm guessing that is one consideration why those restrictions have remained for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

The difference is, for the last 2 Years the people you are speaking about didn't give a rats gee about other people's MH. But this time they can stay home and protect themselves, whereas we couldn't just go out and help our MH over the past 2 Years

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fair amount of confusion/uncertainty out there about this sudden change by nphet

Lot of ppl are saying this ain’t over yet by a long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

And other people give a rats gee about other people mental health. Maybe they can't just stay home, they may have to work may have to go to the shops to get there groceries and have to generally go out for there mental health. Maybe you should take some advice and start thinking of others and just telling people to buck up or else as it's our country is up your own gee

Maybe they should build one general purpose shop in each town for the covid worriers to wear masks, stand 5 miles apart, and let the rest of us get on with a mask free life?

"Vulnerable" is just another buzz word to beat us into compliance with, don't restrict everyone because of a few outliers.

The rational is basically if someone is going to the pub, restaurant, concert, sporting occasion is you are going of your own accord but in the other setting people are going as they have to to get there grocery for the week or have to use public transport to get to work or the shops etc. Be gone soon I say except maybe GP or hospital settings

• Advertisement

If people want to wear them. It's there own personal choice no need to ridicule them

Advertisement