Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Widely reported and far too common. Someone reported that it was more prevalent in regions of high humidity. Regardless Shimano should be replacing these free of charge every time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Garmin 530, not at such a price as mentioned above, but happy enough. Going under the tree though for the moment (when it arrives!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Lowest I've seen is €216 shipped from Bike24. Half tempted myself, nothing wrong with the 500 but I wouldn't mind an upgrade. Live segments and wireless syncing would be nice!

Yes, lowest I saw, but decided not to quibble over €4 when Bike Discount have been spot on for me, and use DPD. I don't know who Bike24 use?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Advertisement

Yeah they use DPD which is good although their packing isn't great. The tape on my package from them barely held it closed. As there was next to nothing in the box the flaps were getting pushed in and starting to become loose. Tyres and tubes so nothing of value but I'm surprised a tube didn't fall out. Definitely needs some air bags or better tape.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

It's not exactly in the post, but I placed an order for a Giant Revolt 0 today

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Well done & good luck.

What's the waiting time on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭cletus

Cheers. Not sure, really. Went into the LBS today to sort of preorder the bike.

I'll be getting it on the cycle to work scheme, which starts in January for me. I wanted to make sure I had everything lined up and ready to go regarding submitting the paperwork, I'll talk to them in early January about timelines

...a Garmin Edge 530 :)

The 500 has served me well, no real need to upgrade but wireless syncing and live segments will be nice among other features.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

New chainset and brakes were attemted to be delivered yesterday. I was supposed to get a notification from DHL and they didn't. Didn't leave a card either. Only for Bike24 telling me there was a failed delivery I wouldn't have a clue. No idea when it's being redelivered now and won't get the bike built up now before christmas at this rate.

Literally just sat down at work and DHL knocked on the door, second package from Bike24 that has gone from item ready for dispatch to being delivered unexpectedly. No 'it's on the way' email or tracking, just an email 2 hours ago saying it will be delivered today. Ordered it on Thursday afternoon, wasn't even expecting it this side of Christmas!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I got my delivery too. I ordered a week earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭stevencn88

Going full snob and awaiting delivery of this for Christmas. Never bought anything from Rapha before so excited to see how it stacks up with my other kit.

https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/mens-classic-winter-jersey/product/WJY09XXBLU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've had that jersey before and it is great, only got rid of it as the size was a bit off for me

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

€195 for a jersey 🙄

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Delivery from Galibier yesterday, a pair of those Arctic overshoes. Very solide looking build, looking forward to trying them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭stevencn88

I know. But it's Christmas and I'll probably never buy anything from Rapha again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Can I throw this in here? I need a new pair of shoes and just wondering if it's okay to order from Wiggle now since Brexit?

I'm not 100% sure if I'd get caught for customs and excise.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Wiggle build the VAT and import duty into their prices for visitors from EU domains & delivery addresses, so yep, there's no avoiding it. Similar to how Amazon manage selling into the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Time to get back on the bike.....time.

So, I cannibalised my Thorn Audax bike a few years ago, bars, front and rear dynamo lights switched to Surly DT.

Ordered Ritchey Logic Curve 42cm bars (silver 😀) and Shimano R400 Brake Levers (silver 😀) for a start. Need to get Downtube Shifters and a new set of B & M dynamo lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Bearingssssss

Fulcrum 6 wheel bearings, xt BB, synapse headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Gave the young lad my old work bike but he cycles in the same gear all the time so the derailleur (Ultegra) seized up. Ordered a single speed cog 15T, set of brake levers and some short chainring bolts to put it back to single speed. Got them from bike24.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

Winter wheels from Bike24. Shimano WH-RS100.

Was between those and Aksiums and despite owning two sets of trouble free Mavics already I went with Shimano. There were far far too many reviews on multiple sites about the Aksiums arriving out of true that I just wasn't taking the chance. Shimanos seemed to get great reviews and at 130 odd euro I couldn't really say no. If I get the rest of this winter and next out of them they'll owe me nothing at that stage.

Threw in 6 * Shimano gear cable inners and both an 11spd and 10spd jockey wheels. Also Shimano gear housing and BBB brake housing.

Awful trouble again with addresses on Bik24. It's painful. Website will not take my postcode. Asked them to input it from their side which they did for delivery address but not billing address. So still had error returned for an issue with billing address. Actually no clue how I got around it but after a few emails back and forth they finally admitted this morning that there is an issue with adding post code input and will try to fix. I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Seadin

2 x cateye rear USB lights.

Chainrings for an upgrade on my winter bike. Bought 11 speed 105 parts but it has taken me over a year to buy all the parts I need separately.

Seatpost for another build.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

replacement Shimano overshoes from bike discount. the ones I got at halloween have ripped already along the top seam of them and the other is starting to rip.

80mm tubes as spare for the new deep section wheels I picked up second hand over Christmas! Also an extra rear light to get me by until I save a bit for a varia radar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

endura xtract jacket in xxl and it fits 😉😁

Advertisement